Hail, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

IRE: Origins

2»

Comments

• WicellaWicella Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited January 31
    Native Achaean
    The fiiiirst time I played a mud was during the Bal'met saga, where my only memory is being a novice, picking up something in the mountains and people yelling at me and then a bunch of things coming to kill me and then logging out and never playing that character again :lol:

But I actually started playing for real in late 2013! Not sure what drew me back, maybe a burning desire to understand why I got lol'stomped in .3 seconds.
    XiasSholen
  • CaledCaled Member Posts: 75 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Native Achaean
    I think.
    Possibly early 2000. 

I think I was just a few months after Caelan.
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Native Achaean
    Caled said:
    I think.
    Possibly early 2000. 

I think I was just a few months after Caelan.
    Yeah I remember you well.  We had an awesome bunch of Sentinels back then in the guild days.  Perseon, you, Jabbasfrog, Galdrion, Halcyon.. I still remember Othello being the best Sentinel and he got pissed when I beat him in the arena so he went monk and moved to Ashtan.  So many good memories.

• RinkelRinkel Member Posts: 10
    Native Achaean
    Believe this was my first character and im back on it now. Joined back just before Mhaldor was created and the shit hit the fan with the Infernals in ashtan. Infact that whole storey is probably what got me hooked. I was one of the many people who took the piss out of others for playing it before getting hooked :p
  • VulmarVulmar Member Posts: 12
    Imperian
    Started in Imperian during my freshman year.. That was uh.. 03?
  • TujaquesTujaques Member Posts: 29
    Native Achaean
    Always been Achaea. Geez, I can't remember when I started my first character but I wanna say somewhere around... 2006? A few breaks in between each of course.
  • ZbacoZbaco Member Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Native Achaean
    Native, started in 2002 while stationed in South Korea. Saw an ad for the game, thought it sounded interesting and went to play...and that was it =)
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and AustriaMember Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Native Achaean
    Started playing in 1998 or 1999, I think.

• DalokDalok Member Posts: 1
    Native Achaean
    I started way back in 06 or 07 for a year and then forgot about it for a long time. I remembered it when I was in Korea too and started again. Must be something in the air out there.
  • ExelethrilExelethril Member Posts: 3,281 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    2008, just turned 17, my parents had the computers at my house on lockdown after my Burning Crusade late night fiascos and my friend and I were sick of the PS2. When we found Achaea, we were glad we could play it on his shitty old laptop. God, those days were awful  :s

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Native Achaean
    2008, just turned 17
    Is this white Exel talking, or azn Exel?

• HerutarHerutar Member Posts: 12
    edited August 6
    Native Achaean
    Native Achaean, though I have played all IRE games. Started in August 1999 though my first char that stuck was around April 2000ish I think. Achaea still feels like home, even with all the changes in the last 19 years. I've been playing Achaea longer than my non-Achaean life, which is a sobering thought, haha. 

I still miss the adventurer in Azdun that got stabbed in the back by a goblin during the intro. :anguished:
    Accipiter
  • LeviticusLeviticus Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Native Achaean
    Pyori said:
    2008, just turned 17
    Is this white Exel talking, or azn Exel?
    Always stirring up trouble.
    Native Achaean
    Herutar said:

I still miss the adventurer in Azdun that got stabbed in the back by a goblin during the intro. :anguished:

I remember that to this day.  I was all "OMG WTF how do I cure my health?  No one even told me that and they have me taking hits. Stupid game."  20 year later....

• JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,136 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Native Achaean
    When were maps implemented? I remember playing before you could use the map, I quit the first few characters I made because I kept getting lost. There began my addiction to making a new character every time I ran into an obstacle. 

I played MKO for quite a while and enjoyed it more than any of the other IRE games not including Achaea, was sad when they nuked it.
  • IsmayIsmay Member Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Native Achaean
    The map was the best feature they ever implemented. By far.
    Xias
  • DupreDupre M.Member Posts: 79 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Maps came out 2008 as announced by Clementius

miss u clem <3
    https://www.achaea.com/banner/caiges.jpg
  • CaledCaled Member Posts: 75 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Native Achaean
    Didya know Perseon drew that, and didn't use any kind of mapping app?  I remember because the first time he shared it I assumed he'd managed to get zmud mapper to work and asked him how, but he was just as confused about that as me. I forget what he did use, but it was something like paintshop.
    CaelanUtianimaDupre
    Native Achaean
    I knew that.  I still have that, and the overland graphic map originally made.  Good ol' Uncle Perseon

UtianimaDupre
  • XaeXae Member Posts: 450 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited August 15
    2007 Achaean here. Xae is probably my 4th character, whom I decided to stick with in 2010? I remember making her just before I graduated high school.
    discord: aciidwire#5240 || WoW: aciidwire#1437
    Please check out my new art page!

2»
Sign In to Comment.