GUI showoff thread #3

Comments

• edited December 2017
    Torinn said:
    You have a gigantic monitor.  
    Judging by picture properties, seems like he has a pretty standard-sized (nowadays) monitor. Gigantic would be the 4k ones :D

Like this!
    3840 x 2160 resolution, 40" monitor :D

• And here I am with a 1080 monitor thinking it's spiffy :D
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."

• This is my gui, very thrown together I just put things where they fit when I install things. I'm thinking about putting borders or a background colour around everything to make things look like they belong.
  • Alyxeri said:
    The beginner works of my new GUI, to go along with the system I'm in the midst of coding from the ground up.
    Undecided just yet what I'll add at the bottom. System-related information when I get there, probably.
    Very nice, love the creative borders!

I've been working on a script to auto resize and reshape boarder art without requiring restarts or layering issues recently. Been pretty happy with the results:

2 Pictures. 1 Just my basic GUI when not in combat and hanging around battlements with my ashtan wallpaper and the other is a gif showing the border changing and zone wallpaper changing:

(Had to cut the gif short as you can see by the red spam Mhaldor raided while I was filming it lol)

• All your GUIs are so cool :open_mouth:
    Mine is bleh. I wanna rewrite it but I don't know how to make cool stuff like buttons or limb showey things or affliction trackers :(

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Theoretically border resizing like that should be trivial with slices, but I haven't had much luck in getting the underlying Qt to do what it says it can do.
  • @Zulah you could look into adding dragging via the mouse which is possible for a while now: https://www.mudlet.org/2017/05/mudlet-3-1-0/

• Vadimuses said:
    @Zulah you could look into adding dragging via the mouse which is possible for a while now: https://www.mudlet.org/2017/05/mudlet-3-1-0/

@Vadimuses why must you show me these great features that make me want to rewrite so much of my bad patch job code   :s

• edited January 2018

Pretty Basic Stuff Here :), top right hand corner is blank, that is where the chat box used to be before I put it below the screen. I don't need a people tracker gui, cause you can see who is in the room above, TReX, tracks that and prints in out for you on the fly.  Bottom left is enemy limb counter, top is self limb counter.  Songbird geyser at top left is self explanatory, but I have bars that populate all down the left side just like the songbird for things like, enemy balances like tree, dragonheal, focus, herb, etc.. they remove from screen when done counting down. I think I may throw my harmonics tables in the top right hand corner so I can visually see what harmonics are in the room with me... hrm
  • I added something to track who's shadows I have to my GUI.
    When I finish coding my system I'll likely recode the whole thing, but it works for now.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Nehmrah said:

Updated The GUI Image. :open_mouth:
    Mudlet 3.5? Gross
  • edited January 2018
    Austere said:
    Nehmrah said:

Updated The GUI Image. :open_mouth:
    Mudlet 3.5? Gross
    HAHA, You're right! I need to update!
  • Wondered what the fuss was all about with uber borders, decided to play around with it.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Tysandr said:
    Wondered what the fuss was all about with uber borders, decided to play around with it.

What!?!?! That sexy a.f !
  • My new health bar.

• I just want all your efforts to make pretty GUIs in my computer, so I can experience the awesome without the investment >.>

So awesome, though. Awesome work, guys :D

• Tysandr said:
    My new health bar.

This makes me believe in health bars. Super slick. Good job
  • I think I like where mine's at, now. No matter what I do, can't make the bars look less pixellated in images, though! Suffice it to say it looks a lot clearer on my screen.

Orbs are bal/eq.

• Hey Nexus, you lookin' fine today.

• Tysandr said:
    Hey Nexus, you lookin' fine today.
    That looks disgusting...

[spoiler] 
    I mean why would you have this... Yuck. [/spoiler]

• edited February 2018
    Feck just wasted 45 minutes looking for the perfect background pic... I like this one but still looking :(

Seamlessly linked between Windows/Mac via Dropbox. Should probably make the input bar translucent too.

• That is gorgeous

• edited February 2018
    @Tysandr the achaea screen is actually about 20 feet wide and 8 feet tall when you walk up to it. I want to put a large stone table in the middle with a map of achaea on it next. Was going for a "Mural hall of Achaea divine" sort of look. I'll try to do a gif to show it off better later
  • edited February 2018
    that’s awesome
  • Vive or Oculus?
  • edited February 2018
    @Puxi Vive, I can play all Oculus exclusive games thanks to reVive app. Can't wait for vive pro wireless edition to release. I'm actually working on a mudlet GUI for actually playing Achaea in VR well. Lots of touchable huge buttons with images so I can just swing my arms around to fight lol