Stint monk?

So i'm looking for a second class that can utilize my magi artefacts, which so far are diadem SoA and a collar. What are int monks like? What does having high int allow you to do that you couldn't by just focusing on strength, and how do these abilities and strategies work with shikudo? Not very interested in tekura at all unfortunately. Being that I have diadem, does that open up scythe as a viable strategy? Would I want to go nimble or quick witted as int monk? Nooby and possibly redundant questions, but I know literally nothing about monk. Any knowledge would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Int monk is basically a group pvp class, though a tekura monk with diadem/qw can probably do some weird scythe setups.

If you want to 1v1, you'd probably be better off speccing for str (specializations are per class slot, after all), and using the diadem/int arties to strengthen your scythe attempts and group combat.
  • edited January 2018
    Int allows Monks to gain and hold mind locks much more easily, vastly improves the damage of Kai Choke and Mind Crush, as well as giving you a larger mana pool to transmute with. For a Tekura Monk, it's perfectly viable to go quick-witted and have strong options in 1v1 with Scythe or just damage, and the damage options excel in teams. Shikudo is pretty much compelled to go nimble even if you have int, so your damage options are going to be weaker, but the class is still fantastically strong 1v1 with both lock and dispatch options.
  • Scythe is never really viable for shikudo, but diadem is always huge for monk given all the kaido/telepathy abilities that benefit from it.
  • edited January 2018
    Keorin said:
    Scythe is never really viable for shikudo, but diadem is always huge for monk given all the kaido/telepathy abilities that benefit from it.
    I mean if you want to, you can. You can truelock them, then scythe. Still technically viable.