January Auctions

13»

Comments

• Okay 21k is a lot for mindnet, but is that a typo on OOS plot? 14mil gold?? 1,400 credits? For a PLOT
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    21k for an ability. A single ability. No matter how good, it is but a single ability.

In the face of such, nothing else can surprise me at all.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    21k for an ability. A single ability. No matter how good, it is but a single ability.

In the face of such, nothing else can surprise me at all.
    I would pay 21k for evade. No questions asked, take my escrow.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Solnir said:
    Okay 21k is a lot for mindnet, but is that a typo on OOS plot? 14mil gold?? 1,400 credits? For a PLOT
    When the first major OOS land auction was had, they were 1.5k credits each. No bargaining. That's why Ellodin, Ruth, Xer and I joined forces, cos we couldn't afford that on our own and we really wanted to build a public resource.

I now expect every OOS land auction to be around that price and am annoyed when it isn't!
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• For me to pay 1.4k credits it would need to come with a pre-built mansion.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    @Trey sniped my auction out from under me while I was at work.

Next time I know to add a few zeroes to my autobid.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    That price for OOS housing is pretty standard, yeah.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• edited January 2018
    Solnir said:
    Okay 21k is a lot for mindnet, but is that a typo on OOS plot? 14mil gold?? 1,400 credits? For a PLOT
    ...that's really quite cheap in today's market for an oos plot. 

If that plot wasnt situated in such a terrible place to get to, it would have went up far more. Ask how much a plot in delos is worth :P 
  • Asmodron said:
    Solnir said:
    ...that's really quite cheap in today's market for an oos plot. 

If that plot wasnt situated in such a terrible place to get to, it would have went up far more. Ask how much a plot in delos is worth :P 
    Didn't @Lenn pay about 20m for a Delos plot last auction?
  • Sobriquet said:
    Id sell my traders satchel for half that in a heart beat.

I'll also echo the surprise at 21k for a single ability. I'm half expecting the admin to void it out of concern for the winners mental state. 
    I completely ballsed the bidding up. I bid 1005 then meant to increase it to 1050. Accidently added 1050 to my bid to make a max bid of 2055 .... Yeahhhh.
  • Sunofa @Minifie
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• edited January 2018
    Mind net is not worth 21k in this nerfed veil Achaea we live in. God damn. 

Wasnt even worth that when veiled mind nets nets were a nice boon to city defense. 

• Dunn said:

Wasnt even worth that when veiled mind nets nets were a nice boon to city defense. 
    That's auctions for you. Nothing sells for what it's actually worth, except to a few crazy people willing to pay way more than everyone else.
  • Nothing is worth close to $6k in this game.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I think Babel's absence has finally broken Dunn.
  • As broken as the unoccupied throne upon the precipice of the Void, young @Solnir

• Ask certimene become monk, and all your mindnet dreams will come true at a mere fraction of the cost!  :p
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Ismay said:
    Ask certimene become monk, and all your mindnet dreams will come true at a mere fraction of the cost!  :p
    But then you have to be a Monk. The whole point of the item - and where all of its appeal lies - is having the ability regardless of class.
  • $6k is a lot different for some people to part with than others. Grats @Braver on the mindnet!
  • Antonius said:
    Dunn said:

That's auctions for you. Nothing sells for what it's actually worth, except to a few crazy people willing to pay way more than everyone else.
    I mean, for the unique stuff it's hard to put a value on it. As for the Mount Booster I feel I won very reasonable though, about 125-150cr to make any mount I want legendary? Not bad!

• I really want a mule to be chosen...