OOC Raves

Comments

• Dunn said:
    I've got one solo win under my belt. That was a fking rush and a half. My watch was telling me to calm down!
    Yeah dude. I tried to take a good picture of it for snapchat for the guys I play with, and could barely keep my hands from shaking long enough to get a picture that wasn't completely blurry as fuck. Was only semi successful lol. Unfortunately I just sent it through snapchat and didn't save it anywhere.

• I like to spread the love to deserving people! Thank whoever increased the auction 4 to 15010 , heh. 
  • 15k cr just to have mindnet? Holy shit. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Some people just really want things!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Are you trading all your artefacts in again? Nobody I've spoken to seems to know who that bid belongs to.
  • Antonius said:
    Kyrra said:
    Are you trading all your artefacts in again? Nobody I've spoken to seems to know who that bid belongs to.
    *grins evilly*
  • I'm betting Proficy. :D

• Solnir said:

I'm betting Proficy. :D

I don't think so. Leviticus and Aegoth both asked if it was me, and I assume they'd know if it was Proficy. He spent almost 10k on vitality not that long ago, too. Also this from Memorable quotes:
    Proficy said:
    These auctions always remind me, no matter how rich i "think" i am IG.... im still jus basic :(

I assume Minifie's joking, but maybe he's not poor like I assumed and does have 15k credits lying around (or doesn't want to own other artefacts any more).

• Zulah.

• zulah probably win every auction :P.
  • edited January 2018
    Cooper said:
    Zulah.
    He was one of my guesses, but pretty sure he was part of the discussion we had on Warriors about it the other day, and he didn't say it was him. Seemed to be in agreement with the rest of us that 15k credits for it is insane.
  • Antonius said:
    Cooper said:
    Zulah.
    He was one of my guesses, but pretty sure he was part of the discussion we had on Warriors about it the other day, and he didn't say it was him. Seemed to be in agreement with the rest of us that 15k credits for it is insane.
    Bluffing sounds exactly like something Zulah would do to avoid driving the price of something up.

• Trey said:
    Antonius said:
    Cooper said:
    Zulah.
    Bluffing sounds exactly like something Zulah would do to avoid driving the price of something up.
    Definitely a possibility. Though it's already at 15k, so would be a bit late. We'll find out in about 8 hours.
  • @Trey I tried telling everyone how useless ship in a bottle would be before driving it to 7k... got too rich for my blood after that. I also dropped out of mindnet at 7k. Hadn't heard who chased it. I considered it up until 10k
  • Zulah said:
    @Trey I tried telling everyone how useless ship in a bottle would be before driving it to 7k... got too rich for my blood after that. I also dropped out of mindnet at 7k. Hadn't heard who chased it. I considered it up until 10k
    10k was my soft cutoff point for mindnet too. Would have likely gone a bit above that but not another 50% of that amount.
  • I bought Overwatch and installed it overnight last night. When I get home from work I get to shoot things. Maybe. Or catch bullets. With muh face. Probably.

I was going to wait until next payday, but I watched some youtube vidjas and now I just really want to play Reaper. 
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Devran said:
    I bought Overwatch and installed it overnight last night. When I get home from work I get to shoot things. Maybe. Or catch bullets. With muh face. Probably.

I was going to wait until next payday, but I watched some youtube vidjas and now I just really want to play Reaper. 
    I know what me and you are doing later tonight ;)
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Finally got my damn braces on after months of "well you need to fix x thing blah blah blah"

I will likely live to regret that statement, but at least they're on, and feel super fuckin weird.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Aralaya said:
    Finally got my damn braces on after months of "well you need to fix x thing blah blah blah"

I will likely live to regret that statement, but at least they're on, and feel super fuckin weird.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RzkAUpSZfpY
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I am exhausted and bruised in weird places, however, I'm now certified in childcare first aid with asthma and anaphylaxis management.

This means I can treat those adult-sized children also.

I'm pro support now!

• edited January 2018
    Took a week off of work to go to my other house in Florida.  Spent the whole time fixing little things and getting it settled.  My wife saw an alligator in our back yard which made her happy.

While on vacation, I got a call about the part time contract for the Forensic Analyst job with the Parole and Probation Board.  So now I should have an interview this week or next.  The only problem I see is that it will be 10-20hr/wk.  I already work 40.  So now I'll be working 50+ hours/week plus going to school and doing coding homework and driving my son to soccer practice/games 3x per week.  This could get dodgy fast.

But when I am living full time in Florida, this new gig is a national company so I will have my current position on the resume, plus this one, and they can help with placement.  They also have 401k matching so I can just dump the whole $400/week extra I'll be making into my current IRAs and have it go that much further.  20 more years and I'll be all set to retire (again - love that I was retired at 28).  Woohoo.

• edited January 2018
    This little beauty arrived in the mail today. Circa 420bc
  • edited January 2018
    Finally finished my first REAL case at work to take a creep off the streets!

It was a total nightmare and any litigator ought to have a field day with it :( 
    Supposed to take about a month tops.  I have had it since Sep 27.  Part of it is running multiple scripts that take between 3 and 14 days each to complete, depending on HDD size. Then I have to review all the images and videos found, and then review every single piece of internet artifact for each piece of evidence to see if any of those relate to the case.

In that time I had:
    3 power outages in the middle of those 8-day scripts (in this case) running and had to restart.
    Power supply failure
    3 holidays where I wasn't allowed in the building.
    3 snow days where I wasn't allowed to come in to work.
    I wasn't in-house certified to work on cellphones so I had to do 2 weeks of prac-app, then a final evaluation. 
    Then I had to wait about 2 weeks for the head-shed to review and certify me.
    1 weeklong course relating nothing to the case and nothing I will be doing while contracted here.
    followed by 1 complete system crash that lost all the data .
    1 week of rebuilding the system, validating all the hardware and software all over again.
    1 week of vacation.
    Finally restarted it, got it done, and it has been in tech review for 3 weeks - finally getting reviewed by the Dept Head.
    Now it just needs to go to the Director, then I turn the evidence and the report back over to Evidence Receiving. 

They were complaining it took too long to do until I explained the causes.  All they said was "well at least it happened on your first case, now it should be smooth sailing".  Holy hell what a fiasco. 

But it feels awesome knowing some shitbag enticing and downloading kids will be in jail because of the work.

• Hopefully you get a backup power supply so that never happens again!
  • Armali said:
    Hopefully you get a backup power supply so that never happens again!
    Already did..  they had one sitting there under a desk, but had ordered a new one anyway.  Came in yesterday (already had other one hooked up for a month).  The new one is a MASSIVE server backup.  Completely ridiculous.

• For my Australian brethren