Memorable quotes

Comments

• Will pay more for oos plot then solnir ;)

Also finished the design for my house, ironically when everyone is talking about housing!

Currently got about it half done, I'm thinking June :)

• edited January 2018
    I'm sorry to say this but people now and then need a 'safe' room they can place themselves in while still being connected to the world. All of us arent always fully aware 100% of the time, but still wish to be connected to reply to tells, clans, or simply stick around for a good shout match between gods. Journals are fine for making sure you arent jumped (albeit...I never liked the RP concept of writing in a journal making you untouchable...), but you basically disconnect yourself. Beds are just...incredibly weird, in my opinion, to be associated as 'saftey spots'.

You arent harming anyone by being around because you are secure in a little spot that really has no association with others gameplay.

I can think of a 'safe' room concept in every IRE (except Imperian..never got into that), and they all play to this same concept. We shouldnt have to feel that we must constantly be on our toes, it is nice to have at least 1 spot with a sense of safety.

I definitely advocate ship privacy remaining as it is.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    In Aetolia they have havens as part of their level 99+ and as you keep leveling you would earn points as an incentive to keep leveling and one of the things you could spend that on was your haven. I don't know if that mechanic is still there but it was several years ago the last time I played Aetolia. I always thought that would be nice in Achaea to have some incentive to keep going beyond level 99 and have something like lairs.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• That sounds pretty cool

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Kiet said:
    I don't know much about the Lusternia design, but people have like 600 room manses over there, apparently, which clearly points to them being desirable in some way more than our housing is. Perhaps the fact they're their own area (?) contributes to this? It affords a lot more safety and privacy that way.
    You buy a 'housing plot' in the aetherways which you have access to from a neutral location (portal room thing). Then for a cost you can pay to connect it to a city (an aide to some ministery have to set it up). All cities have a portal room where you walk to that and can to be transported to your house (or guests can be transported if they have permission to access). If for some reason the city don't want you to have a house connected to them anymore they can break the connection and you can't enter/leave from that city anymore. But you don't have to rebuild your home if you want to change to another city, it's just creating a new connection again. Those houses also had the ability to have a 'public front' space where you could have your own shop.  http://oldsite.ironrealms.com/game/helpview/lusternia/aether-manses

It's so much better than our version of player housing, and that's not even talking about using them as ships to sail the aetherways

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited January 2018
    Meh. People aren't supposed to attack until attacked or unless I walk into their raid group anyways. People are generally pretty good about it, too. If I'm standing in the pavilion, I usually get left alone, even if there is a fight raging right outside.

You don't need a safe-room. The game has seriously toned down since the days of Poergh/Ovid's killrooms or area-wide lolraids. I actually kind of feel like we're at a happy medium in terms of safety vs danger- harboured ships not included.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
    Sobriquet said:
    That sounds pretty cool
    Yeah that isn't even their player housing which has more options than what we have here.

• edited January 2018
    To dispel some misconceptions... Lusternia's 'housing' is "desirable" because they double as Achaea versions of ships, in that they're used for group combat there in the form of aetherflares (space battles, essentially, over 'planes' that give your city rewards until the next flares of that plane)... And the hull of your ship is based on, you guessed it: how many rooms it has. It's not "desirable" because their housing is cool or anything, if you're only using it for that then it's not really any different to Achaea's for the most part. Most people give perms to their entire city/alliance because of the fact it's used as a form of combat, so your allies kinda need access to be able to help [if you're using that ship for that battle]

I mean people use it to AFK in as well, but that's moreso because you can get shrubbed if you AFK anywhere that isn't your manse.

[spoiler] Also, 600 rooms is nothing on some of the titanic-style 'ships' there. The largest, I think, is ~1980 rooms last I checked... For reference, if you converted that into credits at ~13k per (which is what they were priced at when he splurged for those rooms), that comes to 24000 credits roughly, not counting all of the addons he has to make it the powerhouse that it is. Not cheap by any stretch of the imagination! -- Even at their current prices it works out to around 14000 [/spoiler]
  • Jonathin said:
    Meh. People aren't supposed to attack until attacked or unless I walk into their raid group anyways. People are generally pretty good about it, too. If I'm standing in the pavilion, I usually get left alone, even if there is a fight raging right outside.

You don't need a safe-room. The game has seriously toned down since the days of Poergh/Ovid's killrooms or area-wide lolraids. I actually kind of feel like we're at a happy medium in terms of safety vs danger- harboured ships not included.

They still do though. Random brazier attempts are common place for starting raids these days. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Jonathin said:

They still do though. Random brazier attempts are common place for starting raids these days. 

Dont forget dem radiances.
  • We don't have quite a "safe room" label here. It i we have then is better, so we could prevent entering safe room say with aggressive cool down, or if there's a contract or bounty active, or etc. More mechanics could be designed with that label. 
  • Why cant we just attach key sigils to chests and give open perms to the ones who attached them? Or make a housing upgrade/perms that applies to all chests in a room?
  • It amazes me how entitled many of you are. No one is entitled to 100%  safe anything in this game. Your stuff is your responsibility to keep safe. That means taking necessary precautions. This idea that you need "safe rooms" so you can drop and forget your items is ludicrous at best, and a childish tantrum of a fantasy at worst. Ships 100% need a nerf to their safety, and your personal belongings are no exception. Do the work to keep them safe. Stop being entitled brats
    Oh but thieves are entitled to have at it? That makes sense.

• Yes, that's exactly what I said
    When players have invested their real life money into this game including to non-decay their items or to turn credits into gold to purchase things that they have, and then you say some "thief" is entitled to snatch that away from them just because they can ink a tattoo or some other stupid little thing, now that is entitlement. Someone's job takes actual work. It doesn't take much work to be a thief. Whether someone invested time or money here to earn what they have, it's far more valuable than some thief who just decided they wanted to take 5 minutes of their day to swipe it for themselves. Your sense of entitlement is absurd.

• It's your responsibility to keep the things important to you safe.  Same IRL too.  
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
    Torinn said:
    It's your responsibility to keep the things important to you safe.  Same IRL too.  
    It isn't a common occurence for people to prism into our houses, walk in as souls, raid, kill us on the regular, etc. It's just not comparable. Not a similar risk at all. Maybe if you live in a war torn third world country, but then you wouldn't be here on Achaea, would you?

• edited January 2018
    But you still take precautions even in a first world country.  You lock your doors and your windows, you give your keys to trusted people, basic security concerns.  There are risks too, you could be pick pocketed, people could just bust down your door, that's what I'm saying.  You take reasonable precautions to safeguard your stuff.  The precautions taken are different in Achaea obviously, but they're still needed.
  • If we're going to use the justification that "nothing should be safe" because we're revolting against mechanics already in place, then let's just get rid of restrictions against serpents and make entire personal inventories pickpocketable. If some serpent can grab up your entire stockroom in one swoop, then why not your inventory too? #maketheftgreatagain #useyourdamnorbsppl #serpentshavefamiliestoo

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Memorable quote:

"He who smelt it, dealt it." 
    "He who denied it, supplied it"
    "He who articulated it, particulated it."
    "He who refuted it, tooted it."
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Sure, I agree.  I was just drawing the parallel between being safe in game and safe IRL.  Wasn't a good parallel.  
  • If Achaea didn't charge 50 credits per item you want to keep safe (plus non-decay, realistically), then maybe the argument that it's your 'responsibility' to keep unique things safe might not be so ridiculous.
  • Kiet said:
    If Achaea didn't charge 50 credits per item you want to keep safe (plus non-decay, realistically), then maybe the argument that it's your 'responsibility' to keep unique things safe might not be so ridiculous.
    It doesn't charge you 50 credits per item. It charges you like, 2 reflexes and 100 lessons to get selfishness. Even if you don't make those reflexes, targeted pickpocket chances are incredibly small. Its easier for items like that to get stolen sitting in a house than it is to carry them with you. So don't leave them sitting in a house.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Yeah, screw you and your desire to make your house living and breathing like the rest of the world. I want your items so you're just gonna have to hold onto them so no one ever sees or gets to interact with them, ever!!

:unamused:
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby