How old were you when you started playing?

2»

Comments

• High school, walked past the weird chick who walked around gothed-up and asked what she was doing, and was baffled when she said 'my occultist is using a whip to kill pixies'. Checked it out for myself and here I am. So wish I had gone a different route though. The old infernals guild was great, but if I knew then what I know now, Trey would likely just be an alt or not exist and there'd still be an outcast running around. *drool*

• But I never stayed for long.
  • I was fresh outta college, and a fellow new hire in the company I got hired in introduced me to Achaea.
  • I began during middle school, 8th grade.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I started on a MUD before this, incidentally, the one where I met Verrucht. The guy that my character was married to started playing Achaea and he dragged me over. I stuck with it and he went on to play World of Warcraft.

And a few months later, Verrucht randomly sends me a tell ICly and asked if I went by another name (my character in the previous MUD) and he got +1 for finding me.

I think I was 16 or 17 when I started playing Achaea. I was trying to puzzle it out with Trey a while ago because I was trying to work out when I started playing exactly. I'm pretty sure that I hadn't finished high school yet... Kyrra was definitely established when I had my lip pierced because my father paid me $300 to take the piercing out and I spent that money on credits >_>
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Trey said:
    Hayte said:
    After high school. Was trying to sleep with a girl who played. Did. Although Hayte lasted much longer than the relationship. Actually I think the old newbie intro lasted longer than the relationship.
    As long as the old newbie intro didn't last longer than -you-, I'd call it a win.
    It -was- pretty hard to multitask that. Pretty sure the goblin in Azdun finished it for me... >.>
  • Ugh. This is depressing.
  • ikr? :(
    Innovate or Die.
  • Whilst my option may not be on the higher scale, when you consider I have been playing IRE since 2001, it's pretty depressing :(
    Innovate or Die.
  • 22 , when I started playing Achaea on my first character whose story has pretty much spun itself out. Started playing in my final year of college. I used to play MUME and found Achaea on TopMudSites or MudConnector or some such MUD list. 
    For beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror, which we are still just able to endure,
    and we are so awed because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
  • I started at 16, the summer between my junior and senior years of high school. A new friend at a summer camp told me about text muds and got me hooked. I started at topMuds and went down alphabetically...got to Achaea and never went any further. 

• 13 with my first character. Freoto!
    16-16 with my 2nd, 3rd, and Texel was my fourth.

Taken a few breaks but I always end up back here. God I love this place.
    Okk tells you, "You 'woof'ed on a house channel in a conversation with the Lord Bard."

• Friends of mine played Shattered Kingdoms and asked me to join. I just bought a new graphics card for my PC so replied lolno. They always played at the Engineering Faculty's Computer Centre so I kept seeing it and one day I caved. Played for a while but it was very small with hardly any people around. I did however realise that I love MUDs. So I found top mudsites and Achaea was #1. Tried it, never looked back.

• MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    14 I believe. It was freshman year of high school. Eternus and Cronus got me into it.

• I started when I was 11 or 12 and played seriously for 4 or 5 years. I'm 25 now and just returned to playing seriously a few months ago.
  • When I stated my very first Randlog, I was about 12 and when I told somebody she instantly said I was one of the younger characters, that was 5 years ago
  • Nice eyepatch, Randlog.

• If my memory serves me correctly i was around 13.. i think. honestly i can't remember. All i know is "Situko" was dating my sister and HE introduced HER into it. I came peeking over her shoulder one day, and BAM! i've stayed since then.. however i think i've gone by a few names since starting out..
  • Started young, in 2000. Amusingly, at the time I only played the game as though it was single-player. I suppose at that age it was easier to forget other people were there too. Given the age though, I ended up repeatedly making characters and letting them get purged. I think I made over 20 characters named Sanaki over the years.
  • Hayte said:
    After high school. Was trying to sleep with a girl who played. Did. Although Hayte lasted much longer than the relationship. Actually I think the old newbie intro lasted longer than the relationship.
    same story but with my first short-lived character.

back when guilds existed and the if you don't pass your interview you lose 3/4 or 1/2 of all your lessons crap.

I joined because a girl I liked in highschool freshman year (12-14 years old) played, got kicked out of the druids guild for forgetting like... one thing about fire defense history after writing 3 essays, so I rage-quit that character and made an evil serpent named halios because I didn't want to play a nice character anymore.
  • edited January 2013
    Funnily, asides from minesweeper and those jumpstart learning games my parents always bought for me as a kid, this was the first video game I had EVER played and stuck with for more than 3 hours. 

A friend was playing it and talking to me at the same time. When I got bored of the conversation, I decided to make one...much to his surprise. I kind of got hooked to the entire roleplaying part of it. But the game was wayyyyy to difficult to play so I ended up quitting after a year.

It was only with Averi when I finally (sort of) figured out how to not get lost and basic scripting though.
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.