Memorable quotes

Comments

• can we go back to that cfs q.q

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • edited January 2018
    And that was with no gold cap on bashing. Really have got some things backward today. Gold cap really just compounds the problem.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Well not so many sells credits anymore. Right now there's not even 1500 credits total on CFS, but back then we used to have well.. 4000+ for sale

• Right. Less credits for sale, at a higher price, with a lower ability to make gold.

Working terribly right now.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Right. Less credits for sale, at a higher price, with a lower ability to make gold.

Working terribly right now.
    I'm assuming it is working for the business side of things or they'd have changed it by now.
  • I suppose! Though in my opinion, bashing artefacts are massively devalued right now because of it.

• I think everyone shares that opinion. 
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Most of the monthly promos result in artefacts and/or bound credits.  Org credits get the shaft from these promotions too so there is simply fewer unbound credits available.  There's also few gold sinks (and the current gold auction is terrible) so gold just unused in bank accounts.  I think they should add gold for lessons which would increase CFS (and something that is consuming the gold) without really cannibalizing artefact sales, house aides could help get novices basic class skills etc.  
  • This was also back before they increased denizen gold drops. That's something to consider.
  • Iohanna said:
    This was also back before they increased denizen gold drops. That's something to consider.
    While true, I don’t think the increase was all that much overall. 5-10% maybe? I’m not sure.

• edited January 2018
    Things that used to drop 100gp or less now drop 200-300. It was a very significant increase.
    I think the DKs of old, and the highest dropping gold mobs of old gave 900-1100 gold per.
    Now you can easily find a lot of mobs that drop that, or double that.

(edited, because I apparently really like the word easily.)
  • Achilles said:
    Most of the monthly promos result in artefacts and/or bound credits.  Org credits get the shaft from these promotions too so there is simply fewer unbound credits available.  There's also few gold sinks (and the current gold auction is terrible) so gold just unused in bank accounts.  I think they should add gold for lessons which would increase CFS (and something that is consuming the gold) without really cannibalizing artefact sales, house aides could help get novices basic class skills etc.  
    You can, 10k for 6 lessons currently 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Iohanna said:
    Things that used to drop 100gp or less now drop 200-300. It was a very significant increase.
    I think the DKs of old, and the highest dropping gold mobs of old gave 900-1100 gold per.
    Now you can easily find a lot of mobs that drop that, or double that.

(edited, because I apparently really like the word easily.)
    While this is true, the battlerage change also meant that mobs that used to die in one or two hits now take 5-10.  I'm not sure the actual gold generation capacity was really changed.

The biggest culprit is, I think, lack of gold sinks.  Everyone who wants a ship has one, and we have barely any other major ways of taking gold out of the system.  Mining's a consistent one, but nowhere near big enough to really make an effect.
  • I want lessons for gold directly, so I don’t have to buy credits to do it. $350 to trans my next class, or 1668 credits isn’t very appealing. Especially when my credits can actually be spent towards artefacts upgrades etc.

Let me use this gold for something helpful, while not forcing me to kill my credit pool to do so!

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I'd buy lessons for gold, then use credits for class artefacts, thereby destroying my gold and credit reserves.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Make languages actually matter.
  • Klendathu said:
    I'd buy lessons for gold, then use credits for class artefacts, thereby destroying my gold and credit reserves.
    Klendathu said:
    Say it again for those in the back.

• Solnir said:
    Hey look, another one of my scripts.
  • Achilles said:

IMO, this doesn't actually matter that much. Sure, there's less unbound credits entering the system, but who cares? Even if unbound credits were entering the system at a higher rate there's still no reason for people to sell those credits.

The big problem is that there's nothing to buy with gold, so why would anybody with credits decide to change those credits into gold? 
  • What are even the benefits of a house?
  • Puxi said:
    What are even the benefits of a house?
    Customization.

It is on the same level of the 'benefits' of custom tailoring and jewellery and such.
  • edited January 2018
    Housing is wildly inferior to ships though, because of the extra cost of security that ships have from immediate purchase.

Why build a house when a ship is much more safe and cheaper in the long run for storage/meeting place etc - unless you’re purely into the aesthetics.

Edit: Bring back prism from harbour, remove the idiocy of impenetrable fortress of solitudes for every player. Is a very dumb mechanic!

• You can always build your house ON a ship!
  • I agree @Jurixe! I think the entire concept is silly, and should definitely be changed.

• edited January 2018
    Jurixe said:
    *waves the Housing flag*

Housing is my biggest gold sink by far. If they added more convenience and utility to houses I'm sure more people would be driven to build and use them. Right now it's hard for me to even convince people to get rooms in a house because it's not as safe as a ship and ironically, is even more inconvenient to get to. 
    OMG this has been on my mind for a LONG time. I have a lovely bedroom in our family home (that I never visit), and some ideas for building my own home - but I doubt I'll ever build it. Simply because, houses are not safe, and are such a long walk. I don't know what should be changed; I thought about turning in HOUSE RETURN for an Idea, but I didn't know if that was just me being lazy. I mean, I'd probably pay to prism proof my home (or at least the main gathering room), but it would still be a long walk.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    There was an artefact recently released that made it so you could return to your subdivision home...if you were standing at the entrance of the subdivisions. I feel like that misses the point of the inconvenience - if I'm in the subdivisions already I might as well walk there. I think it would be a lot nicer if I could at least use it from within the city, then it seems like my house is directly connected to the city and not in some disconnected secondary map.

While I understand that it might not be desirable business wise, I really would like to advocate for clan-owned housing or at least the ability to share certain permissions with your allies. Most people who build large houses do it for their families and intend to roleplay there, making the house an excellent roleplay device with history.

But getting the more expensive upgrades and expanding just seems pointless when you have to rely on the activity of the plot owner and you can't even use things like the stables. 

Perhaps this should be a different topic altogether though - and I've made my views on this known repeatedly - so I'll stop hijacking this thread.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Have you made a thread? Cause we can make a thread. :D I feel pretty strongly about it and agree with everything you are saying.