OOC Raves

Comments

• Finished 10 days of work.

Contentment.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Found out I'll be moved into a private smaller room/office, which means I can mess around on Achaea during work hours again  =)

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • I have found and rolled on a recently released Vanilla WoW server. It is densely populated (5500 people) and progressing through the patches as original did. And not just raids. For example, the quest hub in Revantusk Village in the Hinterlands wasn't released until patch 1.5 - we're currently on 1.3. So it's not there! (It will be by the time I hit that level though.)

Thus, Turtlefish the Troll Hunter was born. HOWEVER, I would reroll Alliance if there was an Aussie guild there. If not, I'll form one of my own.

Why did I roll on this server when Blizzard has announced official classic servers are being developed? Because I don't want to wait until 2019 for release. :(

This isn't an advertisement, just a happy rave before I start work here at the office. But if anyone else is keen, let me know. I'll link you to the download for the client and give you the server information.
  • Devran said:
    This isn't an advertisement, just a happy rave before I start work here at the office. But if anyone else is keen, let me know. I'll link you to the download for the client and give you the server information.
    Don't worry it'll be closed down soon just like all the others. Nothing will ever stack up to Gummy's Felmyst Project anyway, in terms of just how well done it was. (R.I.P)
  • Alyxeri said:
    Devran said:
    Don't worry it'll be closed down soon just like all the others. Nothing will ever stack up to Gummy's Felmyst Project anyway, in terms of just how well done it was. (R.I.P)
    I don't want to get into an argument about another game on a rave forum, but Gummy is and was an idiot. If his past history with private servers didn't set off any alarm bells for you, I don't know what to say to you. I said he'd cave in the first week of running as soon as I heard he was setting the server up in New York. I wasn't far off. he lasted what, 3 hours? As for quality, I can't comment. I didn't test it. But I doubt it was better than Kronos, and I've played many, many vanilla servers. And Kronos is still running, by the way.

There are many servers that are still running and in no danger of shutting down, this is one of them.
  • edited January 2018
    TSLA was my major play this week, played the IV from their delivery report. The options got IV crushed this morning

[spoiler]
    [/spoiler]

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• I shorted (sold) option contracts (iron condors) on Tesla shares based on deviation levels because the market was pricing in a lot of movement (implied volatility or IV) due to a report that they publish on the 3rd day of every quarter, in relation to how many vehicles they've built/delivered.

Tesla shares didn't move enough today after the report, so the fall in implied volatility crushed the value of the options. The option contracts I shorted will expire worthless tomorrow at market close (100% profit) if the underlyings don't fall below 310 or go above 325/330. It's a play on time decay (theta), expected movement (implied movement) and probability (deviation levels).

This should paint a better picture

(tl;dr the stuff I sold to other traders are now worth much less after a volatility event because the event didn't trigger enough movement, so I can either buy them back for way cheaper (75% profit) to cover my positions or just let them decay worthless)

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

•           

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I shorted (sold) option contracts (iron condors) on Tesla shares based on deviation levels because the market was pricing in a lot of movement (implied volatility or IV) due to a report that they publish on the 3rd day of every quarter, in relation to how many vehicles they've built/delivered.

Tesla shares didn't move enough today after the report, so the fall in implied volatility crushed the value of the options. The option contracts I shorted will expire worthless tomorrow at market close (100% profit) if the underlyings don't fall below 310 or go above 325/330. It's a play on time decay (theta), expected movement (implied movement) and probability (deviation levels).

This should paint a better picture

(tl;dr the stuff I sold to other traders are now worth much less after a volatility event because the event didn't trigger enough movement, so I can either buy them back for way cheaper (75% profit) to cover my positions or just let them decay worthless)

[spoiler][/spoiler]
    So, in other words...you sold out high, then the stocks dropped so you now have the option of buying back in low or just sitting on what you have?

• edited January 2018
    It's a directionally neutral play, since I'm short on both calls and puts. The market expectation (implied volatility/IV) dropped but I sold the contracts when the IV was high. TSLA could have risen and I would still be profitable as long as it doesn't cross the 325 strike, which I'm short calls on. Options decay over time and these expire tomorrow at the closing bell, so they lose value rapidly the further they are away from their respective strikes and how much time's remaining, since the probability that they cross the strikes are less and less.

The latter part's correct though, I can cover my positions by buying back the options I shorted for their much lower price now or I could wait for them to expire. The problem with waiting is, if TSLA suddenly makes a wild move and drops below my 310 short put strikes or rallies through the 325 strike, my short positions are now "in the money" (which means I'm in trouble).

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• It's a lot of stock market jargon.  Yeah it sure is.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited January 2018
    A month after mum got out of hospital from having bowel surgery, and a quadruple bypass, she's finally been given the clear that her heart is functional and healthy enough again to have her stoma surgery reversed. Unfortunately for her, no eating for 12 hrs before the operation and said operation is at 6am tomorrow. She wasn't too pleased at that last bit.

:)
  • Always a treat getting to hang out with @Aerek, and it was great seeing @Tahquil again. Slamming back $38 per glass bourbon probably didn't help.

• Trey said:
    Always a treat getting to hang out with @Aerek, and it was great seeing @Tahquil again. Slamming back $38 per glass bourbon probably didn't hurt.
    Fixed

• Finally finished upgrading my PC. No longer will my CPU max out opening Microsoft Word!

Specs for those interested (afaik)
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 something?
    GPU: GeForce GTX 980
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    Other things I can't remember

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • edited January 2018
    When testing triggers, I heart all of the pretty:

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Holy shiiiit. That was some kind of game in US bank stadium. Next up, on the road at Philly!
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Did my first IRE Mapping Script updates on Friday, submitted my first crowdmap updates today :)

You too can get involved: https://github.com/IRE-Mudlet-Mapping

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Congratz, @Aralaya ! Have fun out there and enjoy the drive.
  • Bit more balanced team play this time! @Cyr and my first win on the desert map.

• @Dunn is top tier bait. A+

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
  • Play Fortnite like men.
  • Dunn said:
    Bit more balanced team play this time! @Cyr and my first win on the desert map.

Don't have a screenshot to prove it, but queue'd into 1-man squad last night on Erangel. Came out with the win and 15 kills. Felt like a total boss. Never managed to win a 1-man squad game before, let alone with 15 kills.

• I've got one solo win under my belt. That was a fking rush and a half. My watch was telling me to calm down!