I need help clarifying my opinion of theft.

2»

Comments

• edited December 2017
    Cobault said:
    Oh look. One of the aforementioned morons.

PS: When everyone's disagreeing with you, chances are you're the one who's incorrect. If your first instinct is to resort to insulting, that only proves as much.
  • No, most of you, if not all of you, read my posts entirely wrong  :lol:

Here, I'll even make a list for you guys.

-I never said I wanted old theft back. Not once. I said what I would've rather they gave us over the pickpocket shit we're at now, but, here we are.

-I never said I robbed people until they had nothing while they were disconnected nor that I wanted that. A moron was established on this one.

-Talking about old theft and how much more SEVERE it was does not mean I got pleasure from it or whatever the fuck that was supposed to mean. I rarely did theft shit. Was really fun seeing novice Serpents motivated to make a name for themselves as a renowned thief.

-If getting robbed empty made someone quit completely... Good. Gigantic baby go bye bye. I could lose everything non-artie on me right now and I wouldn't bat an eye. I'd just go replace it all. I'll admit I'm an asshole in this regard, but only because I can't stand people that give up so easy. This demeanor probably comes from some of the other unforgiving games I have played/do play.

-I was one of the most polite and rational thieves when I actually bothered with it. Personally attacking me when I returned 95% of all the things I stole shows the bias of the player base I just said was fucking stupid. Like what'd I do to you besides have a different opinion? It's not like I fucked your life up.

-Saying theft benefitted me personally is absurd. Again, I returned almost everything I ever stole. When did I not? When people immediately went OOC and started cursing me and calling me names. I think that was mentioned in a previous post, yeah?

-Saying someone's opinion is wrong is fucking low and stupid over something like theft in a text game. Completely wanting to shut down any kind of discussion? Why. I wasn't even the one that came into this thread throwing jabs and insulting anyone (bar the crybaby part, which I event went as far as to clarify THAT ANYONE COMPLAINING ON THE -- CURRENT-- THEFT SYSTEM IS A BABY.) That's on a couple other people, though. 

-Completely altering a mechanic to the point it becomes too annoying to use that it's not worth the effort rather than trying to establish a better checks and balances system is bad form in a game. It's what leaves us with a bunch of stupid, broken shit, looking at you Expert Diagnoser.

-Some of y'all are some sensitive, whiney mfs Lmao. Taking a conversation like this personal has me cracking up at work.
  • Cobault may not have phrased his post in a very kind way, but that doesn't make his entire opinion completely wrong. Today's theft system is stupidly easy to defend against, and even when you don't defend yourself its still difficult to come away with anything of any value. A 100 credit artifact, or 2 very basic one-line triggers, can make it completely impossible to ever steal a key from someone (the only single item that can be pickpocketed of any significant value, and even then only if it happens to open something useful). A one-line trigger and an alias can make it completely impossible for anyone to ever steal any gold from you. This leaves sigils and letters as items that can still be taken. Sigils are pretty damn cheap to replace if someone happens to take yours, and just don't walk around with important things in your letters and you're safe there. If you're really concerned about the sigils, another one or two one-line triggers should take care of that risk too.

I don't know the actual success rate of targeted pickpocket, but I can confirm that its incredibly low. I can count the number of times I've seen it succeed for me on one hand, I think. This means that with an extremely minimal amount of effort, you can make yourself 100% immune to theft, even if you're completely afk. 

Now, I'll be the first one to admit that the old system was seriously flawed and weighed heavily on the side of the thief, but lets not pretend the new system is anything other than what it actually is - an attempt to appease the population of people who actually enjoyed theft and the atmosphere it brought to the game, while still making it essentially harmless.

Because its so incredibly easy to protect yourself, I have a hard time feeling too bad for anyone who happens to lose things through pickpocket. Which is pretty much what Cobault was saying, if I understood his post correctly.

• Oh my God, Antidas coming in as the only person that can read.

... I can see how my bluntness came across in a "not nice" manner tho
  • edited December 2017
    Alyxeri said:
    Cobault said:
    @Antonius this entire game is a system of fucking up until you learn a lesson on how to prevent it or overcome it. But I'm guessing you're one of those people that wants Achaea spelled out in black and white for idiots of all ages where it practically plays itself.

No, people abusing the ever living shit out of things for their own amusement, quite often with disregard to everybody else playing the game, is why you can't have nice things. I'm surprised you can even see the game from atop that stupidly high horse you have there.

Saying they're a crybaby if a disconnect leads to them being stripped, just makes you look like a fucking asshole. Nothing more. It's a good thing these are the kind of opinions the admin don't listen to.
    Bruh. You the one that came in this bitch insulting me. Don't pot and kettle me now just cus you're an idiot that started talking about something you knew (apparently) very little about. Edit: Original poster even ASKED for confirmation if they were being a baby about the situation. You just can't read worth a damn.
  • I agree. Lets remove theft completely.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited December 2017
    Cobault said:
    No, most of you, if not all of you, read my posts entirely wrong  :lol:

Here, I'll even make a list for you guys.

-I never said I wanted old theft back. Not once. I said what I would've rather they gave us over the pickpocket shit we're at now, but, here we are.
    Yes you did. Right here: "I would've rather they raised level cap to 80 for theft targets while maintaining the old style of theft. Since we have Dragons under 25 now."

-I never said I robbed people until they had nothing while they were disconnected nor that I wanted that. A moron was established on this one.
    No you didn't explicitly say that, you just defended- whether indirectly or not- people who did it.

-If getting robbed empty made someone quit completely... Good. Gigantic baby go bye bye.
    Here's where you start to make yourself look like nothing more than a complete tool.

-I was one of the most polite and rational thieves when I actually bothered with it. Personally attacking me when I returned 95% of all the things I stole shows the bias of the player base I just said was fucking stupid. Like what'd I do to you besides have a different opinion? It's not like I fucked your life up.
    There's "having a different opinion" and then there's doing what you're doing: being a complete fuckbag when people disagree with your opinion, and immediately resorting to insults when people dare challenge you.

-Saying someone's opinion is wrong is fucking low and stupid over something like theft in a text game. Completely wanting to shut down any kind of discussion? Why. I wasn't even the one that came into this thread throwing jabs and insulting anyone (bar the crybaby part, which I event went as far as to clarify THAT ANYONE COMPLAINING ON THE -- CURRENT-- THEFT SYSTEM IS A BABY.) That's on a couple other people, though.
    See above.

-Completely altering a mechanic to the point it becomes too annoying to use that it's not worth the effort rather than trying to establish a better checks and balances system is bad form in a game. It's what leaves us with a bunch of stupid, broken shit, looking at you Expert Diagnoser.
    Expert Diagnoser shouldn't have been how it was in the first place. Makarios said as much, it wasn't just the players who didn't like it, sorry. ED even eliminates the need for a lot of "checks and balances" that you talk about.

-Some of y'all are some sensitive, whiney mfs Lmao. Taking a conversation like this personal has me cracking up at work.
    You should probably read your own posts before saying others are the sensitive and whiny ones. Self-reflection and such.
    Snipped the points that didn't really need addressing.
    Cobault said:
    Oh my God, Antidas coming in as the only person that can read.

... I can see how my bluntness came across in a "not nice" manner tho
    Everyone else can read what you're saying. They're just responding to the parts where you're being a fucking douchebag for no real reason. It's not bluntness, it's just plain 'being an asshole'. See the above points.

PS: If you actually knew how to read, you'd have seen the part where I said the onus for losing things shouldn't be on the thief. That's defending the thief, not the person getting stolen from, lol. Matter of fact, I even said as much about the majority of them being willing to return stolen things, and not being outright griefy about it. As to the OP's comment, you'd have also seen the part where I said it was their fault. Kudos.

• Lmao. Okay kid.

Take a second to go back through and see who started insulting who first. Okay? Can you do that for me? I want you to read btw. I know we keep circling back to how bad you are at it, but.. Just give it a shot. :heart:
  • I went back and read it.

"even as a disconnect makes you a crybaby in my eyes"

Seems I found the start of it.
  • edited December 2017
    Cobault said:
    Lmao. Okay kid.

Take a second to go back through and see who started insulting who first. Okay? Can you do that for me? I want you to read btw. I know we keep circling back to how bad you are at it, but.. Just give it a shot. :heart:

Found it.

Found it again.

Nobody threw out any "insults" before either of these posts. I mean I can understand being wrong, but boy you're taking it to a whole new level. You should go back to page 1, and see my very first post that said the OP was at fault for losing their stuff. Not the thief that robbed them.
  • Rilinstra said:

Am I just being a big cry-baby?

Whats your opinion?
  • edited December 2017
    I'm sorry, did I answer both of those questions? Why yes, yes I did! I also pointed out what I would've rather changed for theft, but never said I wanted it back!

Goodness. But I'm the wrong one! Rofl

"Complaining about not being able to make people quit the game any more makes you a crybaby. What a fucking ridiculous position to hold."
    #that'snotaninsulttho
  • Can you all just shut the fuck about this already?

Theft mechanics are at the bottom of the list of things that will make the game better. If you have suggestions, classlead it.
  • Cobault said:
    I'm sorry, did I answer both of those questions? Why yes, yes I did! I also pointed out what I would've rather changed for theft, but never said I wanted it back!

Goodness. But I'm the wrong one! Rofl

"Complaining about not being able to make people quit the game any more makes you a crybaby. What a fucking ridiculous position to hold."
    #that'snotaninsulttho
    Calling out your horrible stance that literally nobody agrees with is not an insult, no. I'm glad you caught that much. You should read your response to said post, if you wanna see where the insults actually started.

:)
  • Yeah. Except the fact it wasn't my stance. Nor what I said at all, which is why I took it offensively. 

But wait, you mean.. You mean you read?! You did it! You understood that I was answering the questions! Now your only issue is where I replied to Ant with a similar hostility he showed me.

Before you started talking shit about me being on a high horse, I mean. That and something else insulting that I'm too lazy to look up. That's what got insults thrown your way bud. Like I said, between us? Me and you? Yeah. You started it.
  • Nobody insulted you, before you started insulting everybody else. And yes, it is exactly what you said, that's why Antonius responded to it.

You should really stop saying others can't read, when it's you who's displaying such. I even posted the exact things that you said you didn't do. I didn't alter them, or put them out of context. I literally didn't even respond to you until long after everybody else did, lol.
This discussion has been closed.