Stockings!

Comments

• You have been awarded with The granite for a Tash'la shaping tome talisman piece!

You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 10 Humgii betting tickets, 30 credits, 694 gold sovereigns, a group of 12 pieces of rope, a group of 17 lobelia seeds, a group of 34 lobelia seeds, a group of 8 pieces of rope, and a group of 9 pieces of rope inside!

[OOC]: We're closing in on our guaranteed high-paying stocking - one of the next 50 to be opened is going to contain hundreds of credits in artefacts and gifts!

You have been awarded with The head of a dreadpilar figurine talisman piece!

You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 10 Humgii betting tickets, a group of 5 balls of seftonium, a worn whetstone, 1650 gold sovereigns, 1892 gold sovereigns, 677 gold sovereigns, a group of 12 wood commodities, a group of 13 steel bars, and a group of 6 wood commodities inside!

I'm pretty happy with these myself
  • I would really disagree that not doubling talismans results in double value.  Talisman pieces are a very large chunk of a stocking's value, ESPECIALLY for extravagant stockings.  Extravagant stockings hold talismans worth around 400 credits in value.  To exclude that makes golden extravagant stockings worth significantly less than double a normal extravagant stocking's value.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I just wanted a red inkbrush :(

Worst Logosmas ever and Ironbeard didn’t even visit once.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Sorry, been out and about today.

They are double value explicitly. Regular stockings have a very low base value, so a golden regular isn't really going to blow your mind (unless you get one of the random super stockings). It is working though, I can confirm.
  • Kyrra said:
    I just wanted a red inkbrush :(

Worst Logosmas ever and Ironbeard didn’t even visit once.
    I got air elemental stuff out of my Logosmas ones. Ironbeard gave me inks. You can have them for runes. :)

I've got 2 platinum ones for New Years left. Any advice on whether I should open for Yggdrasil or Elemental sets?
  • The two regular stockings I've opened have been pretty good, waiting on my platinum one.
    Also Ironbeard y u no visit q.q

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • @Devran i think there is mpre value in elemental pieces but thats my opinion. You have a chance for fire pendant and brooch pieces which are pretty popular artefacts to buy for first artefact purchases (at least the fire pendant).
  • Makarios said:
    Sorry, been out and about today.

They are double value explicitly. Regular stockings have a very low base value, so a golden regular isn't really going to blow your mind (unless you get one of the random super stockings). It is working though, I can confirm.
    For normal contents that's true, but is that true for talisman pieces too?  Given I only got one piece from each golden stocking, it really doesn't seem like the value from talismans is doubled.
  • Makarios said:
    Sorry, been out and about today.

That's fine, but it does make me regret hustling to grab 2 more extravs since it wasn't clear it was only double credit value. I was hoping for double talisman value to try and finish the sceptre, but it's not going to be likely from it :(. Just a clarity issue really, not a value one, since stockings are still pretty solid.
  • Opened 15 gold stocking, got roughly same credit value as the regulars except a few Mayan coins and the racetrack tickets. 

We'll see what the 12 plats hold I guess.  Can't decide between ygg or elemental at this point.  

Still waiting to be able to trade in figurines, I'd take a discount on value just to be able to get rid of them.  I'll literally pondering buying a figurine case just for them
  • Yeah, even though I am not unhappy with my drawup, I opened 8 golden stockings for about 800 credits, 100 of them being unbound, I do have to agree with @Milabar, I am sitting on 27 figurines and I have done all the resetting, non-decay and cuastomisating I want. They are cool definitely, but way too many without any real tradein value atm since no one is buying them.
  • I'd hold onto them and wait for a bazaar or something when everyone and their mother wants their new tarot deck non-decayed.
  • Dominius said:
    Yeah, even though I am not unhappy with my drawup, I opened 8 golden stockings for about 800 credits, 100 of them being unbound, I do have to agree with @Milabar, I am sitting on 27 figurines and I have done all the resetting, non-decay and cuastomisating I want. They are cool definitely, but way too many without any real tradein value atm since no one is buying them.
    Yeah I've got 60 of them, they are basically filling my bag -.-
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Dominius said:
    Yeah, even though I am not unhappy with my drawup, I opened 8 golden stockings for about 800 credits, 100 of them being unbound, I do have to agree with @Milabar, I am sitting on 27 figurines and I have done all the resetting, non-decay and cuastomisating I want. They are cool definitely, but way too many without any real tradein value atm since no one is buying them.
    Paine was willing to buy a fair few off you :P
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Ive sold most of my stash as well. Just gotta be patient
  • I'm in the market to buy 3 extravagant stockings for bound credits, if anyone wants to take advantage!

• Dominius said:
    I've got a bunch too. 

Guess I'll have to make more customized stuff for @Kyrra.
  • Uuuuugggghhhhh. I just went to sell this mudbomb and two of the pieces are missing. I had three sticky muds and it's only showing one now. I would assume it was just a bug with displaying the pieces, but I watched them come out of the stockings too, so I know I got 'em. Hopefully my issue will sort it out.

• Trey said:
    Uuuuugggghhhhh. I just went to sell this mudbomb and two of the pieces are missing. I had three sticky muds and it's only showing one now. I would assume it was just a bug with displaying the pieces, but I watched them come out of the stockings too, so I know I got 'em. Hopefully my issue will sort it out.
    A little over an hour later and the problem got sorted out. I don't think I've ever had a poor experience with IRE's customer care strategy when I've had a legitimate concern, A+.

• Trey said:
    Trey said:
    Uuuuugggghhhhh. I just went to sell this mudbomb and two of the pieces are missing. I had three sticky muds and it's only showing one now. I would assume it was just a bug with displaying the pieces, but I watched them come out of the stockings too, so I know I got 'em. Hopefully my issue will sort it out.
    A little over an hour later and the problem got sorted out. I don't think I've ever had a poor experience with IRE's customer care strategy when I've had a legitimate concern, A+.
    Had a problem with the mud not combining and also not being able to complete the set with them not combined...  probably log in soon to see if it's fixed

• Oooh I forgot this existed. @Tysandr was kind enough to hang an extravagant stocking for me:

2 prospector's guidebooks (tradein for 133 each)
    1 sceptre enchantment (sold for 350)
    1 searedglyph tendrils (sold for 110)
    1 searedglyph embelm (sold for 110)

Total: 836 credits :3
     <3 
  • Ouch :( My last one was 429. The two before were in the 600s.

You have been awarded with The insignia for an armoured charge tank talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with Some sticky mud talisman piece!
    You open an extravagant stocking and find a fire pendant, an elegant diamond vial, a group of 34 
    valerian leaves, and a group of 6 coal pieces inside!

• You have been awarded with The phial for some tears of the sea talisman piece!
    You open a fancy stocking and find a phial of shimmering permanent ink and 293 gold sovereigns
    inside!
    6840h, 7090m, 30040e, 28330w cexkdb-
    You have been awarded with The enchantment for a brooch of the tempest talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The binding for an Air Elemental talisman piece!
    You open a fancy stocking and find an elegant diamond vial and 641 gold sovereigns inside!

You have been awarded with The mandibles for a warblefish's jawbone talisman piece!
    You open a fancy stocking and find a globe of shifting continents and a group of 10 steel bars
    inside!

You have been awarded with The setting for a brooch of the tempest talisman piece!
    You open a fancy stocking and find an elegant diamond vial and a group of 17 valerian leaves inside!

well.. that was a pile of shit for fancy stockings.. 

• If anyone is looking for credits in exchange for stockings, I'm still looking for two more extravagants.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Fancy stockings are incredibly underwhelming.

Devran hung one for me last week and it had an artefact vial in it. I did need another vial. Tysandr hung one for me yesterday or this morning (Thanks @Tysandr!) and it had a globe of shifting continents and some steel, similar to what Khaibit just got. What I got out of the globe was alright, I rather like globes, but every fancy stocking I've seen just seems meh for contents.

• The fancy he hung for me, I got maybe 35cr of value total. Squargon piece, and a globe that gave almost nothing.

I am hoping my 3 platinums left pay out okay, I’m still struggling to finish that embrace stone!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • If one of you Divine make sure I get the damn ivorybowstring piece(s) I need in my platinum stocking, I swear I'll go against my own word and buy $1000 in credits <e-sign>

• Got around 125 credits tradein from 5 logosmas stockings and some seftonium, nuts and tickets. Three pieces were fire pendant which I want to complete so its worth more for me. Felt like a good deal.
  • I am pretty sure I did better with the plain stockings than I did with the fancy stockings.. 

• edited January 2018
    Man...these extravagant stockings have been pretty unlucky. Except for the one where I got good pieces. A 106 and 87 credit redeem piece out of this one, ugh!

You have been awarded with The plaque for a seared glyph talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The binding for a sticky mud bomb talisman piece!
    You open an extravagant stocking and find a Ledolian Surcoat, a featureless ice figurine, a 
    prospector's guidebook, a wooden box of parts, a worn whetstone, an elegant diamond vial, an ink-
    stained rose thorn, 1275 gold sovereigns, 350 gold sovereigns, 828 gold sovereigns, 938 gold 
    sovereigns, a group of 11 pieces of rope, a group of 12 lobelia seeds, a group of 25 goldenseal 
    roots, a group of 33 valerian leaves, a group of 7 wood commodities, and a group of 8 pieces of rope 
    inside!

Two of the stockings I got less credits out of it than if I had just bought credits without a bonus :( That...feels not good at all.