The Elemental (and Yggdrasil) Retrospective!

12346»

Comments

• >:( No one asked you crystal boy! 

Really though, how are you and others finding the other elemental quests? I've heard some pretty big raves about the general feel and what you get to do from the other three. 
  • Complaints about length aside, I actually enjoy Water's atmosphere and I'm pretty sure it gets more interesting than chamber pots and serving food.

If nothing else, I'm having fun making Eli fume and want to redecorate the Alcazar with the body parts of all the named mobs. Except Archoura. He is bae.
  • Also, the WSALUTE emote is so silly that I'm going to start using it mockingly at people.
  • I liked fire a lot overall, though it had some issues with presenting a strong narrative, I think. In certain places, I was a little unsure -why- I was doing the things I was doing, or at least why they were relevant to what I'd been doing in the ranks before.

Really, I think my biggest issue has been that there are no denizens who you can just ask questions to about the plane. Fire comes off a lot as "generic militant group" in some places, and while I think there's more going on there if you read between the lines, I haven't managed to find a single denizen willing to talk to me or explain who certain people are groups are. Overall though, it was a fun quest line with a lot of flavor, particularly in the most challenging bits, and I like the plane itself quite a bit.
  • One thing I do find hilarious about the water plane? 

Vasilios, the blacksmith starts choking as he inhales water.
    Vasilios, the blacksmith eats a prickly pear.
    Vasilios, the blacksmith eats the plant and immediately his skin begins exuding tiny bubbles that form an air pocket around him.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Someone needs to teach the Water Plane how to do pear upkeep with serverside curing.
  • @Telendrieth tbh I think Kriex has a higher chance with Earth than anyone else. Hes dwarf, from Targ, and has a blessing from Garash growing inside him.

Would be pretty interesting to see if that mark alters/modifies his EL description.  I still have yet to hear from admin about what it actually does other than ambient messages. He tried having a convo with the Emissary but got no response so who knows
  • Coalesce let's you leave Earth Plane too kthxbye

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • @Kriex It's some pretty cool stuff though. I really hope you keep running with it. That's the type of exceptionally rare thing I think a lot of players hope happens to them from an event. Kudos man. :) 

(though I'mma still call you crystal boy)
  • If only I can get someone to title me that...haha
  • I got my take: Elemental Lord is another lesserform class that has superior racial stats that doesn't consume a class slot and doesn't take lessons to learn. It's good deal.
  • Aralaya said:
    Coalesce let's you leave Earth Plane too kthxbye
    Are you sure?
    Dochitha said:
    Aralaya said:
    Coalesce let's you leave Earth Plane too kthxbye
    Are you sure?
    It was a request, not a statement of fact.
  • So, something that makes no gorram sense to me, and only really pushes an issue.. why in the blazes is there a rep requirement to defect for the water faction in particular? After 50 quests in and hitting rank two, I'm honestly about done with the general atmosphere of the plane. When considering defection, I'm suddenly "too loved" by the water plane, and have to turn around and work my way down to loathed if I want to leave. How the hell can a faction that treats you like garbage be "fanatical" about your presence. So it leaves you either choosing to continue slogging hoping it gets better, continuing slogging just to get out, or just washing your hands of the elemental stuff in general. Decay of rep is an option, (assuming stopping questing does cause it to decay, I don't rightly know) but it'd only get you to neutral.

Is there a real reason for the rep req for defection? Can you guys think of a reason why it may be beneficial? The closest thing I can think of is as sort of a buffer against "Impulse" leaving.

(Apologies if this sounds like bitching, I'm just.. frustrated with some recent IG things)
  • edited December 2017
    Makes it to easy to quit and go to another faction.

Just kill some water elementals, it will go down really quick.

Or you can kill the Guardian, then it tanks to 0 instantly (I did this and I wasn’t even defecting lol)

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I may give that a try, I appreciate the insight Atalkez. 
  • edited December 2017
    Wsalute - You rotate your left hand three times and raise it to your head in an elaborate salute.

Please tell me I am not the only one that thought of this when this was happening!

https://m.popkey.co/577e29/mE96z.gif
  • Torrent said:
    Wsalute - You rotate your left hand three times and raise it to your head in an elaborate salute.

Please tell me I am not the only one that thought of this when this was happening!

This just made me so much happier with my choice of allegiance

• Torrent said:

Seems more Hulk Hogan than Beyonce, to be honest.
  • Antonius said:
    Torrent said:

Seems more Hulk Hogan than Beyonce, to be honest.
    Haha.. only if it is followed up by one of the weakest leg drops of all time. 

• It was definitely inspired by an amazing character, that character is neither Beyonce nor Hulk Hogan. Brits should get it though!
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Nicola said:
    It was definitely inspired by an amazing character, that character is neither Beyonce nor Hulk Hogan. Brits should get it though!
    I am not Brit but  I am curious now!

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I’m not a Brit technically and I got it.

Also not far off watching Season 2 of that on Netflix.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I know it, I've seen it, but I just can't put my finger on exactly which one it is.
  • Whoa what
  • Oh hahaha, @Nicola you smeghead.