The Elemental (and Yggdrasil) Retrospective!

Comments

• Quests you have completed in the Coterie of Clouds:
    ID    Quest Name                    Area                     Completions
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    602   Guard Deployment              The Coterie of Clouds              3
    626   Recruitment Posters           The Coterie of Clouds              2
    661   Whipping Votes                The Coterie of Clouds              3
    662   Elemental Bounty              The Coterie of Clouds              3
    663   An Important Assassination    The Coterie of Clouds              3
    664   Kidnapping the Earth Vault childrenThe Coterie of Clouds              3
    666   Kill the Scout                The Coterie of Clouds              3
    669   A Lecture in Ioje             The Coterie of Clouds              3
    672   Finalise an Accord            The Coterie of Clouds              3
    676   Proposal                      The Coterie of Clouds              4
    677   Ultimatum                     The Coterie of Clouds              4
    679   Wishes, Eyes, and Ears        The Coterie of Clouds              3
    680   Negotiations                  The Coterie of Clouds              1
    683   Feed Rovalamm                 The Coterie of Clouds              3
    You have completed 14/25 quests in this area.

You are an Advisor in the Air Elemental faction.

I... don't even know what to say....
  • Lol, lightweights....

ID Quest Name Area Completions

534 Change the Royal Beds The Alcazar 5

535 Empty the Chamber Pots The Alcazar 4

536 Sweep the Spring Vents The Alcazar 6

537 Open the Spring Vents The Alcazar 6

538 Elemental Bounty The Alcazar 3

540 Deploy the Alcazar Guards The Alcazar 3

542 Hunt Like a Noble The Alcazar 1

547 Fetch Fish for Dinner The Alcazar 6

548 Mop the Kitchens! The Alcazar 6

549 Feed the Cetan The Alcazar 6

550 Serve the Meals The Alcazar 6

551 Salute Training The Alcazar 3

You have completed 12/26 quests in this area.

You are a Peasant in the Water Elemental faction.
  • Quests you have completed in The Alcazar:
    ID    Quest Name                    Area                     Completions
    534   Change the Royal Beds         The Alcazar                        3
    535   Empty the Chamber Pots        The Alcazar                        2
    536   Sweep the Spring Vents        The Alcazar                        3
    537   Open the Spring Vents         The Alcazar                        3
    538   Elemental Bounty              The Alcazar                        2
    540   Deploy the Alcazar Guards     The Alcazar                        2
    542   Hunt Like a Noble             The Alcazar                        2
    544   Elocution Lessons             The Alcazar                        1
    545   Dress the Part                The Alcazar                        1
    546   Etiquette                     The Alcazar                        1
    547   Fetch Fish for Dinner         The Alcazar                        2
    548   Mop the Kitchens!             The Alcazar                        2
    550   Serve the Meals               The Alcazar                        2
    551   Salute Training               The Alcazar                        2
    541   Scouts                        The Alcazar                        1
    539   Deploy the Spy                The Alcazar                        1
    You have completed 16/26 quests in this area.

You are a Nobleman in the Water Elemental faction.

• You've made your point, admins.

Mhaldor totally did a thing in line with their RP, had no idea there were going to be consequences, and got massively screwed.

Someone's finally proven that Primes can be trusted, can we drop the bullshit malus already?
  • Not all primes CAN be trusted. One Cyrenian reaching noteworthy status doesn't mean Mhaldor should suddenly be absolved of everything that happened.

Just embrace it, you did something cool, sometimes those things carry consequences. 
  • Would be nice to carry a nice hefty bonus for the other 3 factions for being a dick to water though!
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Weren't all four Emissaries aggro to Mhaldor after Asahana destroyed your amphora?

They might not be friends, but they agree that trying to pervert an Elemental realm is an abhorrent action.

I know some of us were hoping the consequence for Mhaldor's action was that you all got insta-gibbed the second you entered any Elemental Plane :joy:
  • edited December 2017
    Compare Veldrin and Lhex's numbers above. I'm in the same boat as Lhex, albeit he just quit Mhaldor so I imagine he'll have EL as soon as he convinces the world to go hunt him a Dreadpilar.

Everyone saying "You did a cool thing and got a city accolade, suck up pissing off a faction" is missing the point: Nobody knew those were in play. Eli didn't even have a say in the matter because that's how Mhaldor works: Hop in the ship, we're hunting leviathans.

Would I trade the cool event and accolade? No.

Would I have picked something other than Water if I had known that I could have become an EL in two separate factions in the same amount of time? Maybe.

If the time for EL was measured in weeks, this wouldn't be as frustrating. Right now, it's in hours.
  • I'm sure if Mhaldor purified the water and apologized, the malus might be reduced!
  • Keorin said:
    I'm sure if Mhaldor purified the water and apologized, the malus might be reduced!
    I'll just continue to pee in it :>
  • Cooper said:
    You can easily pick a different faction to join!

Anyone who expected this to be easy after what happened should probably rethink things.

I expected EL to take at least a month (real life month) of time, not a few days.
    Personally, I'm actually slightly disappointed that the forms are so quick to gain. I feel like it won't be too long before the hard parts of the quests are common enough knowledge that it won't be much of an achievement at all.
  • Elisella said:
    Compare Veldrin and Lhex's numbers above. I'm in the same boat as Lhex, albeit he just quit Mhaldor so I imagine he'll have EL as soon as he convinces the world to go hunt him a Dreadpilar.

Everyone saying "You did a cool thing and got a city accolade, suck up pissing off a faction" is missing the point: Nobody knew those were in play. Eli didn't even have a say in the matter because that's how Mhaldor works: Hop in the ship, we're hunting leviathans.

Would I have picked something other than Water if I had known that I could have become an EL in two separate factions in the same amount of time? Maybe.

If the time for EL was measured in weeks, this wouldn't be as frustrating. Right now, it's in hours.
    It was posted by Nicola on forums that there was a malus, and we also talked about it in game very shortly after it came out, and has been posted after that.

You are free to switch to another faction if you'd like, but bitching about it while ignoring it is in your power to change isn't going to change anyone's minds about things.

• Torinn said:
    Can fire Lords turn into the sun?
    No
  • Cooper said:
    Elisella said:

It was posted by Nicola on forums that there was a malus, and we also talked about it in game very shortly after it came out, and has been posted after that.

You are free to switch to another faction if you'd like, but bitching about it while ignoring it is in your power to change isn't going to change anyone's minds about things.
    I've been firelord for a few days now, to a point where I'm over it (will play more later after Sartan lets us do so), while our wateries are still rank 1. Doesn't hurt to point out that a malus is fine, but being put far enough behind that completely dropping the faction that someone wanted simply because it isn't worth the effort is fine feedback, and may actually change people's minds.
  • Water is definitely frustrating for Mhaldorians, but ultimately it'll just make it that much cooler to actually get Water Lord anyway! If that doesn't float your boat, then yeah, switching factions is easier and not too much effort. Some of our current Lords swapped from other factions.
  • Atalkez said:
    I’m surprised the Water plane even allowed Mhaldorians to try.
    Strictly speaking, we don't know if they do, do we? Mhaldorians could be locked in endless servitude, for all we know. It'd be pretty fitting for the plane!
  • It's not just Mhaldor (or I'm doing something wrong, or Veldrin is just doing something really right). I'm still stuck at Peasant with more quests than that repeated. Being stuck at the first rank keeps me away from half of those, though :(

• I am hoping the work Cyrene put into helping water before Mhaldor peed in the pool at least helps mitigate the malus somewhat.
  • I am hoping something in the code doesn't make it so that I have to start all over without the malus. 

That'd really suck.
  • Elisella said:
    You've made your point, admins.

Mhaldor totally did a thing in line with their RP, had no idea there were going to be consequences, and got massively screwed.

Someone's finally proven that Primes can be trusted, can we drop the bullshit malus already?
    If you honestly believe that Mhaldor would get away scott free after attempting something that massive...you're deluding yourself.

I also dont believe the claim of ignorance. Mhaldor was hunting sea monsters for days and pushing for water core collection. I think it falls more on the citizen themself if they didnt ask what's going on and what they should do. Heck even people outside Mhaldor knew what Mhaldor was up to. If you were/are against it, you could easily have been vocal about it or simply quit if you felt strongly enough. You choose to support your city by remaining.

Issam said:
    It's not just Mhaldor (or I'm doing something wrong, or Veldrin is just doing something really right). I'm still stuck at Peasant with more quests than that repeated. Being stuck at the first rank keeps me away from half of those, though :(
    Shirzsae got water form only a few hours ago. Clearly it works. Inquire with admin if you're bugged
  • My fucking god, Ystehr, I hate you. And whoever programmed your quest.
  • edited December 2017
    I'm really getting salty at the lack of quests from the Ear and the Palm for fire.  I've been stuck on Colonel for three days, and have only had one quest given to me each day.  Nobody else in the entire encampment has anything.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Asmodron said:

I also dont believe the claim of ignorance. Mhaldor was hunting sea monsters for days and pushing for water core collection. I think it falls more on the citizen themself if they didnt ask what's going on and what they should do. Heck even people outside Mhaldor knew what Mhaldor was up to. If you were/are against it, you could easily have been vocal about it or simply quit if you felt strongly enough. You choose to support your city by remaining.

• How does it work?
  • edited December 2017
    People are allowed to both like Mhaldor and be frustrated with the things being Mhaldorian entails sometimes, you know. That doesn't mean they should quit or should've complained harder, lol--that's an attitude that kind of makes it clear you've never played a Mhaldorian seriously yet you're trying to tell a current Mhaldorian how to.

No one in Mhaldor hasn't had a moment where they're frustrated like Elisella at something being Evil cost us. It's a pretty valid reaction, even if ICly of course it should be difficult for us to advance in water. Sometimes people just wanna vent a bit.

As it is, it'll take a while to get Water Lord as a Mhaldorian, yeah. You can switch to another element or you can just take it as a marathon rather than a sprint. It'll be a really cool accomplishment to be a Mhaldorian Water Lord, for both RP and the mechanical side of sticking to it.

Also amused that after the fact everyone 'always knew' what we were doing.
  • Kiet said:
    People are allowed to both like Mhaldor and be frustrated with the things being Mhaldorian entails sometimes, you know. That doesn't mean they should quit or should've complained harder, lol--that's an attitude that kind of makes it clear you've never played a Mhaldorian seriously yet you're trying to tell a current Mhaldorian how to.

No one in Mhaldor hasn't had a moment where they're frustrated like Elisella at something being Evil cost us. It's a pretty valid reaction, even if ICly of course it should be difficult for us to advance in water. Sometimes people just wanna vent a bit.

As it is, it'll take a while to get Water Lord as a Mhaldorian, yeah. You can switch to another element or you can just take it as a marathon rather than a sprint. It'll be a really cool accomplishment to be a Mhaldorian Water Lord, for both RP and the mechanical side of sticking to it.

Also amused that after the fact everyone 'always knew' what we were doing.
    Difference between frustrated/upset with something...and complaining that mhaldor has been screwed and the admin should drop the 'bullshit malus', even though their actions brought them there. That screams of entitlement.

The suggestion to quit is simple: If you feel so strongly in support of water and against what Mhaldor did..then why sit there and tantrum? Either take charge or accept it.

And yes...had you been (or recalled) at the second meeting of the cities, it was stated that Mhaldor is attempting to bind the conduit by will. There were also several hints thay clearly suggested Mhaldor was up to something. Most in Hashan were made aware of this early on as well.
  • edited December 2017
    It's common to have a conflict between 'this makes RP sense' and 'this makes the game less fun.' Mhaldor has to juggle this sometimes, obviously, and people have different limits for what's acceptable. People that only play in cities with literally no restrictions at all aren't likely to fully grasp that, and that's fine. But try to be a bit more empathetic given that fact. At least don't give terrible suggestions like 'you, as a slave (because I'm pretty sure she was a slave back then), should've prevented it all!'

I'll tell you that, even now, most people don't know fully grasp what we did or were doing. I was at the meeting, and if you think being there at all filled you in on it you're deluded.