Favorite Achaean Names

edited December 2017 in North of Thera
With all these poor unfortunate souls who have parents that give them names such as Gobstopper, Whistleblower, and Sketchyland, I thought it an interesting idea to give props to some of the best Achaean names. Most of these just sound awesome when I pronounce them in my mind!

Oblive
Klendathu
Antidas
Elipise
Atalkez
Miriew
Sobriquet
Verrucht
Szanthax
Accipiter
Morthif
Blithe
Deuclion
Cobault
Rameus
Mezghar
Durzaan
Zulah

What are some of your favorites?
Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

Comments

• edited December 2017
    Dragonknight
    Rocktamer
    Mindshell
    ladydeath
  • edited December 2017
    Draqoom

and I guess @Caladbolg

• Sartan
  • Tysandr
    Sobriquet
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• The Ydahchsjbdksoul person!
     <3 
  • Ydachikachishiroul
  • There are a lot of names I really enjoy. Here are just a few off the top of my head: 

Sobriquet
    Tekumza
    Proficy
    Kasa
    Ginovianna (Just damn fun to say)
    Hataru
    Finchy
    Avianca
    Gnaash
    Krypton
    Vika

Funny story about @Sobriquet and his name. I used to have him confused with some player who was an absolute a-hole to me when I started playing. I'm friends with his IC father, Taril, in real life. So one day we were just talking about Achaea as we did, and Sobriquet got mentioned. When I mentioned how much I disliked the guy, Taril got pretty confused and we rather quickly realized what was afoot. So apologies about the quiet dislike of your character some like.. half a decade ago Sob. <3
  • I like Dunn, and lecturing people about his difference with Dun, the valley and the barony.
     <3 
  • Vardoulacha
    Skarash
    Szanthax
    Estach
    Orklanishkal
    Blujixapug
    Seragorn
    Tenebrous
    Skye

• edited December 2017
    You like my name?

:3 

On a real note though, I enjoy most people's names. It's when it's some off the wall mess that's like 12 characters long and a jumble of vowels that make it almost impossible to try to target without having to default to the first 3-4 letters that I despise and hate.

I've admittedly always been keen of Zulah's name. It just fits, man. Mf could be named Zulah irl and I feel like it would work. 
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited December 2017
    Erhon said:
    Vardoulacha
    Skarash
    Szanthax
    Estach
    Orklanishkal
    Blujixapug
    Seragorn
    Tenebrous
    Skye

I miss Vardoulacha and Tyrsson.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Karai, Pontus, Pharaus, Lanar, Sothantos, Iocun

Matsuhama was the coolest god name. 
  • Aralaya said:
    Ankhareoutef
    Where is the dislike button? Every time during raids!
  • Taryius said:
    Aralaya said:
    Ankhareoutef
    Where is the dislike button? Every time during raids!
    I was very happy when he moved from Eleusis to Targ and I didn't have to target him any more.
  • That's what tab targetting is for, people.

t ank<tab>
  • Tab complete is how you end up with half your team killing you in a raid because the other person's name was Arisomething or whatever but Ara is first q.q

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Aralaya said:
    Tab complete is how you end up with half your team killing you in a raid because the other person's name was Arisomething or whatever but Ara is first q.q
    Also how you end up with things like: (Party): Xaden says, "Target prop." when he wants people to target Proficy.
  • edited December 2017
    You don't use tab targeting for names that are easy to spell, you use it for names that are stupid and that you never remember how to spell.

"Aralaya" is short and easy, so there's no need to put it in your tab targeting.

"Ankharaotef" or whatever is long and fucking impossible, so you put it in tab targeting and then just do ankh<tab>.
  • the solution is to just get really good at typing ankhareoutef

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Dont know about player names...but, off the top of my head, these are some mob names I always loved:

Lachesis
    Belladona
    Enheduanna
    Sycaerunax
    Pa'lau
    Dusk

I always loved these God names too:

Aurora
    Twilight
    Pandemonium
    Valnurana
    Apollyon
    Mithraea
    Pentharian
    Khalas
  • Blujixapug! How I forgot about Blujixapug, I'll never know. He's definitely ranked up there in the top 10.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Antonius said:
    Aralaya said:
    Tab complete is how you end up with half your team killing you in a raid because the other person's name was Arisomething or whatever but Ara is first q.q
    Also how you end up with things like: (Party): Xaden says, "Target prop." when he wants people to target Proficy.
    Protecting and Already are my two most regular ones :(
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Why on earth would you have those words in tab targeting? 

• The anthem changes, protecting you from magical damage.

You are wielding that already.

I'm working on it, ok!
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Tysandr said:
    Tysandr
    Sobriquet
    I loved Sobriquet because I did not know it was a real word. I consider myself to have a decent vocabulary (I was reading dictionaries at age 10/11 (ran out of things to read at home)), and somehow I came across the word in an editorial after I transitioned from Imperian to Achaea.

Then I googled the word.

Very good, Mr. Sobriquet, very good.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Tysandr said:
    Tysandr said:
    Tysandr
    Sobriquet
    I loved Sobriquet because I did not know it was a real word. I consider myself to have a decent vocabulary (I was reading dictionaries at age 10/11 (ran out of things to read at home)), and somehow I came across the word in an editorial after I transitioned from Imperian to Achaea.

Then I googled the word.

Very good, Mr. Sobriquet, very good.
    holy balls it is :open_mouth:

You learn something new everyday.
  • Luggs
    Shirszae
    Eliana
    Tianondria
    Xaden
  • Dumah because feck yeah blood omen series!
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Itkovian Otanthalian

Oh wait..