Stockings!

Comments

• So, after spending entirely too much money buying stockings I now have 29 boxes of parts and 25 ice figurines. That's more of either than I'm likely to ever use, is there anything else I can do with either of them, like trading them in? Or can they be sold?
  • You can trade in boxes of parts for 5 cr each, and you can sell the use of your ice figurine to other players, but they have to give you the item to customize so it'll usually have to just be nondecay or appearance.
  • Kiet said:
    You can trade in boxes of parts for 5 cr each, and you can sell the use of your ice figurine to other players, but they have to give you the item to customize so it'll usually have to just be nondecay or appearance.
    This is probably a stupid question, but how exactly do you trade in the boxes? I've tried ARTEFACT BOX TRADEIN and REDEEM BOX and neither seem to work.
  • PROMO TRADEIN BOX CONFIRM
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Make cheques payable to...
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• So, what is the consensus on extravagant stockings? Thinking of picking up a few.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• It's mid-morning in Achaea.
    The phase of the moon is that of the Waxing Gibbous.

In your world, it is 2017/12/25 04:01:13 GMT.
    See HELP GMT for an explanation of GMT.
    6835h, 5833m, 25920e, 21960w exvcbkh 28.1- 22:01:17.173(+20m, 0.3%) 
    ID       Type                      Location                            Status  
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    356438   Logosmas platinum         Above the fields near a bridge      Empty
    356543   Logosmas golden           Above the fields near a bridge      Empty
    356739   Logosmas golden           Above the fields near a bridge      Empty
    356769   Logosmas platinum         Above the fields near a bridge      Empty
    552100   Logosmas platinum         Above the fields near a bridge      Empty
    552106   Logosmas golden           Above the fields near a bridge      Empty
    552110   Logosmas golden           Above the fields near a bridge      Empty
    552114   Logosmas platinum         Above the fields near a bridge      Empty
    556724   Logosmas platinum         Above the fields near a bridge      Empty
    556725   Logosmas golden           Above the fields near a bridge      Empty
    Uh.. weren't these supposed to fill today?  :#
  • Corentin said:
    It's mid-morning in Achaea.
    The phase of the moon is that of the Waxing Gibbous.

In your world, it is 2017/12/25 04:01:13 GMT.
    See HELP GMT for an explanation of GMT.
    6835h, 5833m, 25920e, 21960w exvcbkh 28.1- 22:01:17.173(+20m, 0.3%) 
    ID       Type                      Location                            Status  
    356438   Logosmas platinum         Above the fields near a bridge      Empty
    356543   Logosmas golden           Above the fields near a bridge      Empty
    356739   Logosmas golden           Above the fields near a bridge      Empty
    356769   Logosmas platinum         Above the fields near a bridge      Empty
    552100   Logosmas platinum         Above the fields near a bridge      Empty
    552106   Logosmas golden           Above the fields near a bridge      Empty
    552110   Logosmas golden           Above the fields near a bridge      Empty
    552114   Logosmas platinum         Above the fields near a bridge      Empty
    556724   Logosmas platinum         Above the fields near a bridge      Empty
    556725   Logosmas golden           Above the fields near a bridge      Empty
    Uh.. weren't these supposed to fill today?  :#
    Looks like you made ol' saint Nicola's naughty list. 
  • [8:37 PM] Puxi: @Nicola When do gold stockings fill?
    [8:38 PM] Nicola: Sometime before the end of the day so that people who buy today will have a chance to hang theirs and get them filled before Jan 1st
  • ∘ You have been awarded with The binding for a planar mote talisman piece!
    ∘ You have been awarded with The binding for a planar mote talisman piece!
    ∘ You have been awarded with The binding for a planar mote talisman piece!
    ∘ You open an extravagant stocking and find 1 mayan crown, a fire pendant, a globe of shifting continents, an ink-stained rose thorn, 1521 gold sovereigns, 1567 gold sovereigns, 2032 gold sovereigns, a group of 21 lobelia seeds, and a group of 6 steel bars inside!

∘ You have been awarded with The aura for a planar mote talisman piece!
    ∘ You have been awarded with Some wood for a branch of Yggdrasil talisman piece!
    ∘ You open an extravagant stocking and find a Ledolian Surcoat, a Ledolian Surcoat, a phial of shimmering permanent ink, a prospector's guidebook, an elegant diamond vial, 1345 gold sovereigns, a group of 10 wood commodities, a group of 11 goldenseal roots, a group of 16 bloodroot leaves, and a group of 24 goldenseal roots inside!

∘ You have been awarded with Some wood for a branch of Yggdrasil talisman piece!
    ∘ You have been awarded with The flame for a planar mote talisman piece!
    ∘ You have been awarded with The curse for a cryer's bell talisman piece!
    ∘ You open an extravagant stocking and find a featureless ice figurine, a prospector's guidebook, a wooden box of parts, an ink-stained rose thorn, an ink-stained rose thorn, 1147 gold sovereigns, 2044 gold sovereigns, 270 gold sovereigns, 412 gold sovereigns, a group of 14 valerian leaves, a group of 19 ginseng roots, and a group of 30 valerian leaves inside!

∘ You have been awarded with The scales from some snake skin talisman piece!
    ∘ You have been awarded with The flame for a planar mote talisman piece!
    ∘ You have been awarded with The aura for a planar mote talisman piece!
    ∘ You open an extravagant stocking and find a globe of shifting continents, a globe of shifting continents, a luxurious black top hat, a prospector's guidebook, an ink-stained rose thorn, 1958 gold sovereigns, a group of 10 pieces of rope, a group of 11 steel bars, a group of 11 steel bars, a group of 18 bloodroot leaves, and a group of 24 bloodroot leaves inside!

∘ You have been awarded with Some enchanted fishing line talisman piece!
    ∘ You have been awarded with An iron hook talisman piece!
    ∘ You have been awarded with The enchantment for a planar mote talisman piece!
    ∘ You open an extravagant stocking and find a Ledolian Surcoat, a globe of shifting continents, a prospector's guidebook, an ornately carved ivory pipe, 1568 gold sovereigns, 546 gold sovereigns, a group of 11 valerian leaves, a group of 14 lobelia seeds, and a group of 20 valerian leaves inside!

∘ The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 12 credits!
    ∘ As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 2925 gold sovereigns, a group of 11 bloodroot leaves, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!

∘ The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a featureless ice figurine!
    ∘ As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3465 gold sovereigns, a group of 26 sileris berries, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!

∘ You have been awarded with a talisman cache!
    ∘ The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 11 credits!
    ∘ As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 2115 gold sovereigns, a group of 24 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 coal pieces, and an oaken vial!

∘ The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 30 credits!
    ∘ You have been awarded with a talisman cache!
    ∘ As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 585 gold sovereigns, a group of 34 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 coal pieces, and an oaken vial!

Not impressed.

• What seems to be a completed mote (533 credits), another four mote pieces (400), four Yggdrasil branch pieces (648), snakeskin piece (125), bell piece (200), fire pendant (133), globe (12), phial (66), guidebook (133), vial (26), figurine (25), guidebook (133), box of parts (5), globe (figurine = 25), globe (11), top hat (16), guidebook (133), globe (30), guidebook (133), pipe (33).

Assuming you sell the figurines at 25 credits, that gives you 2,820 credits, plus surcoats and ink-stained rose thorns which may have tradein values I don't know, a few caches (you didn't say what opening those gave) and a Mayan crown. I'd estimate that's probably about 3000 credits total, for the price of ~2240, so about a 33% bonus. That's a lot more if you use the full, rather than trade-in, value of everything.

That's without factoring in whatever you get in the gold/platinum stocking for buying five.

• @650 usd / 28.5 per or even 29 per

I would get 2241 cr

at 1.4 bonus with Iron Elite, I would get 3138 cr with a straight buy.

Cf 2900 with pulling random things

• Opened two regular gold stockings:
    You have been awarded with The binding for an Air Elemental talisman piece!
    You open a logosmas golden stocking and find a group of 5 balls of seftonium, a wooden box of parts,
    a wooden box of parts, a worn whetstone, 1291 gold sovereigns, 1424 gold sovereigns, 1871 gold 
    sovereigns, 1927 gold sovereigns, 499 gold sovereigns, 712 gold sovereigns, a group of 10 pieces of 
    rope, a group of 26 ginseng roots, and a group of 31 goldenseal roots inside!

You have been awarded with The flame for a fire pendant talisman piece!
    You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 1 mayan crown, 1289 gold sovereigns, 1541 gold
    sovereigns, and a group of 7 coal pieces inside!

Then, the coup de grace: two golden extravagant stockings:

You have been awarded with The emblem for a seared glyph talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The binding for a sticky mud bomb talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The script for a sceptre of aqueous mastery talisman piece!
    You open an extravagant golden stocking and find a Gem of Transmutation and 1868 gold sovereigns
    inside!

You have been awarded with The tendrils for a seared glyph talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The binding for a sticky mud bomb talisman piece!
    You open an extravagant golden stocking and find 25 credits, a Ledolian Surcoat, a prospector's
    guidebook, an icicle whistle, 1147 gold sovereigns, 1796 gold sovereigns, 359 gold sovereigns, a 
    group of 13 bloodroot leaves, a group of 15 goldenseal roots, and a group of 16 valerian leaves 
    inside!
    You find a landstrider's visor buried under the other presents!

Your eyes bug out as you boggle in amazement.
    You shout, "Lord Prospero! Oh, Garden! I give my thanks for this beautiful Logosmas gift!"

Wellp, I'll be back to seafaring when I'm not a holiday potato. :heart:

• One regular gold stocking:

You have been awarded with The enchantment for a stratospheric harness talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The flame for an armoured charge tank talisman piece!
    You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 30 credits, a group of 5 balls of seftonium, a prospector's guidebook, a wooden box of parts, an elegant diamond vial, 1294 gold sovereigns, 464 gold sovereigns, a group of 10 pieces of rope, a group of 11 steel bars, a group of 12 steel bars, a group of 13 steel bars, a group of 23 ginseng roots, a group of 27 goldenseal roots, a group of 29 goldenseal roots, a group of 32 goldenseal roots, and a group of 6 wood commodities inside!
  • Geez. I opened about 25 golden stockings and didn't find a single rare talisman piece, and didn't get any double talisman drops.

• Krypton said:
    promo tradein <nut>
    Does this work with figurines as well?
  • Don't think so

• Corentin said:
    Krypton said:
    promo tradein <nut>
    Does this work with figurines as well?
    No, unfortunately not.
  • Were gold stockings suppose to drop 2 pieces? I thought they were
  • Yeah I thought gold stockings were supposed to drop double, but none of mine did either.

ANNOUNCE NEWS #4844 says:

Additionally, for every 5 stockings of each type you purchase, you'll receive either a gold or
    platinum stocking of that tier! So if you purchase 5 fancy stockings, you'll get a gold (or
    platinum) fancy stocking. These special versions contain double the reward value as the regular
    versions!

This suggests that it's only "double the reward value" but if that's the case shouldn't we also not have received tier-one talisman drops from gold stockings?

I got a bunch of dreadpilar figurine pieces, which were definitely tier-one talisman drops.  I don't think the talisman drops from stockings were doubled in value, which is very disappointing compared to what I was expecting.

• I dunno how they judged value, and it's a bit hard to tell since the general RNG of talisman pieces either, but by and large my gold also did not feel like double value.

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
  • You have been awarded with The legs for a dreadpilar figurine talisman piece!
    You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 30 credits, a luxurious black top hat, 1375 gold sovereigns, 230 gold sovereigns, a group of 11 pieces of rope, a group of 25 valerian leaves, a group of 7 wood commodities, and a group of 8 coal pieces inside!

You have been awarded with The wax for a tablet talisman piece!
    You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 1 mayan crown, a group of 32 valerian leaves, and a group of 33 bloodroot leaves inside!

• I’ll look back once I get home.... but I’m sure my golden stockings gave me my usual Output, not double.
  • my golds were disappointing as well :(.
  • The talismans felt like normal drops, but the other rewards definitely felt doubled.

But even if they were normal value, it is still a free stocking for every five your purchased on an already incredible credit sale.

Thats another 20% boost on top of what stockings are already giving. Sure is hard to please everyone though :/
  • The differences in regular and gold stockings that I found:

Humgii tickets - 20 instead of 10
    Credits - 25-30 credits added to pool
    Mayan Crowns were in the pool, but weren't before
    Nuts/Seftonium/Wood Boxes/Top Hats seemed less common

Overall they definitely did not feel "double" the value, though on average they feel higher. Out of the 22 I opened, 8 I valued at 30 credits or under. Crowns = 25-30, they don't sell at 50-75 like they used to. I also have more ice figurines than I can ever use (40 total), and more top hats than anyone should reasonably have (48).

I think opening for elemental would have been smarter for me, since I had more pieces of that already and the pieces are in higher demand.

Has anyone opened a lot of regular gold stockings for the elemental talisman set? I'm curious if we are supposed to get 1 or 2 talisman pieces.

You have been awarded with The head of a dreadpilar figurine talisman piece!
    You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 10 Humgii betting tickets, 25 credits

You have been awarded with The plates for a dreadpilar figurine talisman piece!
    You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 25 credits, a luxurious black top hat

You have been awarded with The legs of a Squargon talisman piece!
    You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 10 Humgii betting tickets, a worn whetstone

You have been awarded with The body of a Squargon talisman piece!
    You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 20 Humgii betting tickets

You have been awarded with The legs of a Squargon talisman piece!
    You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 25 credits, a group of 5 balls of seftonium

You have been awarded with The granite for a Tash'la shaping tome talisman piece!
    You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 25 credits, a group of 5 Lucrescent nuts

You have been awarded with The stylus for a wax tablet talisman piece!
    You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 25 credits, a luxurious black top hat

You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 10 Humgii betting tickets, 25 credits

You have been awarded with The legs for a dreadpilar figurine talisman piece!
    You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 1 mayan crown

You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 30 credits, a luxurious black top hat

You have been awarded with The body for a dreadpilar figurine talisman piece!
    You open a logosmas golden stocking and find a featureless ice figurine, a group of 5 balls of
    seftonium, a worn whetstone

You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 25 credits, a featureless ice figurine

You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 25 credits, a featureless ice figurine

You have been awarded with The twine for a wax tablet talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The clay for a Tash'la shaping tome talisman piece!
    You open a logosmas golden stocking and find a fire pendant

You have been awarded with The head of a dreadpilar figurine talisman piece!
    You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 30 credits, a group of 5 Lucrescent nuts, a wooden box
    of parts

You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 30 credits, a luxurious black top hat

• I was also a bit underwhelmed by the golden stockings. 5 stockings - 1 had a globe which produced an artifact voucher, 1 had 25 credits, 1 had a phial of permanent ink, 1 had a pipe and the last one had nothing special. Also got a few whet stones which are pretty much useless to me and figurines which I have more than I'll ever need. No extra talisman pieces at all. I didn't get any humgii tickets, which I actually quite enjoyed :-1:
  • I almost wonder if they accidentally broke golden stockings when they changed stockings to open for either yggdrasil or elemental.  They definitely aren't double value if their talisman rewards are the same as normal, which all evidence points toward.

@Nicola or @Makarios, mind having a look?  This doesn't seem right, and is very different than the announce post suggests.
  • This feels like last year all over again, where everyone interpreted 'double value' as meaning they get 2x the candycanes from their gold/plats. 

It was never stated that we'd get double talisman pieces, and the other goods look to average at least 50cr in value whereas in regular stockings you'd pull around 25cr in value before any talisman pieces. (With higher rolls of 50cr for figurines)

With all the golds it looks like you get around two prizes, with the pool expanded. IE. 30cr and a tophat versus just a tophat.

I don't think anyone is getting jipped, its a gambling promo and the value seems pretty consistent before taking in personal value. (Someone with no need for proficiency gets no value from a whetstone, but its still costs 100 lessons. Those of us with 50 figurines aren't gonna get the same value from it, but its still 50cr.)

Stockings were still a massive, massive creditsale and golds/plats only add on to that.