Returning after a long time gone

I played Achaea for a while back in 2008-2009, and I was very pleasantly surprsied to find that it's still active!

Unfortunately I have no idea what I am doing now.  That was a long time ago and I am sorta wandering aimlessly.  My character is pretty decently levelled and seems to have a wicked amount of learning done.  I've likely purchased credits in the past, and so I don't just want to start over.

So are there tips on what I should be doing to get reaquainted?   I seem to be naked, mostly poor (I've been doing some ratting to get gold) and I have a large stack of bonus lessons available that I dunno what to do with at the moment.  

Also, I am a bit confused about the tradeskills thing.  I thought, hey, if I'm naked, why don't I learn tailoring?  The Wiki says I get a tradeskill at 30th level (and I'm 42) but I can't seem to learn it without a permit when I go ask Amarisse to learn it.

Comments

• edited December 2017
    Someone can make you clothes cheap, and there are people in game that will help you with anything you need. (It's just a matter of finding the right people.) As a matter of fact, if you're not enemied to Eleusis, I'd be more than happy to help you get reacquainted. There's also a Newbie channel, which you may or may not be able to talk on, but if you can you could ask questions there - it's even an ooc allowed channel. Actually... It wouldn't be a bad idea to make an alt (temporarily) just to run through the tutorial and learn things.

There are so many new things to explain, I don't know how to list them all here, although someone else probably could.

Most trade skills are free (have a look at HELP TRADESKILLS), but tailoring, cooking, and jewellery each require a 200 credit permit.
  • I've gotten up on my feet, thank you though for the offer!   Sadly I can't talk on the Newbie channel

Is there a Discord server or somesuch for Achaea?  Or an OOC channel? 
  • Most cities have an OOC clan, so if you're in a city you can ask a citymate. And there is an Achaea discord, here's the link: https://discordapp.com/invite/qqVUuBC 
  • Oh excellent, thank you!
  • If you have the time, would also recommend you read through the Announce posts since you last played. Even if you just skim most of them, you will probably pick up more than a few good pointers on current skills, useful commands, etc.