Ads

Comments

• Could just make the ad a snippet of CainRage and see how many people click out of curiosity.
  • Haha, I do think you could do something with people's rage snippets, actually, and all of the e-peen measuring that's gone on over the years?  Just consider the forums like a gold-mine of ad material...

• Iocun said:
    Blujixapug said some very interesting things.
    Yeah, I think one of the biggest challenges is setting it apart from all those "fun for about two hours" games. Yet, just calling it "addictive" or similar just makes it sound even more like those.

I like your slogans there. Perhaps most so the second, because it tells us that we're actually talking about an RPG, while the first and third make it sound more like a city-building strategy game.

Perhaps a touch of the second of these slogans, but with more emphasis on the fact that those things are actually totally different ways of playing the game (respectively goals), and not just "classes".

"Grow into a feared fighter, wealthy merchant, emperor of a whole state. Or remain insignificant."

Hrm, perhaps a bit long.

"Grow powerful, respected, feared. Or don't."

"Will you be a peaceful philosopher? Skilled assassin? Simple peasant?."
    "Thief? Bodyguard? Dictator of a player city? Your choice."
    "Rich merchant? Street artist? Experienced hunter? Tough warrior?."
    Yeah, I specifically wanted to focus on the things Achaea does that MMOs don't. Achaea's political scene is fairly unique - to be honest I haven't played many MMOs, but while I know EVE, WoW, and others have guilds, and Tera does some interesting things with guilds, I don't believe they have player cities/orgs with governments or political process similar to Achaea. EVE has "politics", but from the stories I've read it's more like hacking other guilds' forums to read their PMs, marketing yourself on SomethingAwful/reddit, or defrauding people of isk through elaborate shenanigans, than electoral campaigning.

Marketing Achaea as WoW - as a MMORPG - seems futile, as I suspect most people would only be interested because they assumed it was graphical, and only maintain interest until they discovered it wasn't.
  • More addicting than TvTropes will ever hope to be.
  • edited January 2013
    Achaea, where being slimy is just a part of life.

When words are not enough, use more words.

Old school MUDDing at its half-frog, half-man best.

• Just do a scroll of Tanris getting a ridiculous killstreak on deathsight, and then the following:

"A text game so good, even blind people play it."
  • I would play if I saw the gag copy, tbh.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• "A text game that even frogmen play!"

"More half-naked sirens than an art gallery."

Also, I want to write something about literally turning into a dragon, and teaming up with a group of other dragons to take down an even bigger dragon, but I just can't make it short enough. D:

More seriously (though, I think humor in advertising is a good thing!), I think it'd be better (more accurate?) to compare it to D&D or pen and paper than to WoW or other MMOs. Like D&D, the experience you get can vary an awful lot; you can play it for the combat, for the roleplaying, for the epic stories, to explore worlds that aren't your own, or to just engage in ridiculous shenanigans. In fact, I still say it should just have multiple messages in corny 90s style GIF ad fashion, and just go through all the cool things you can do!

If you really wanted to describe it in one short slogan, maybe something like "Play it your way, live it ours" or "You bring the adventurer, we'll bring the adventure," or maybe "A whole world of adventure; really, a whole world."

• "System requirements: monitor, keyboard""

"The greatest story ever written: come join in!"

"Seeing is believing; writing is creating"

"Write your own destiny!"

"To err is human; to zap, divine"
    (Or, "To err is human; to destroy with lightning, frog")

I've focussed more on the fact that it's text-based.  I don't think there's much point in dragging people in with expectations of amazing particle effects et cetera.

That said...

"Graphics options: 12pt, Courier New"

"Anti-aliasing: for the smoothest characters you've ever seen!" 
    (See what I did there?)

"Fireworks: the best particle effects you'll ever read."
  • Adet said:
    "System requirements: monitor, keyboard""
    I'd like to see you run a mud client on only that!
  • "As many ways to live as to die."
  • Stop watching Bilbo: Slay your own dragons... Or become one.
  • Iocun said:
    Adet said:
    "System requirements: monitor, keyboard""
    I'd like to see you run a mud client on only that!
    True...

"High-quality gaming on your Raspberry Pi - why not?"
  • AkiaAkia phoenix, az
    The only place where blind people will kick your ass, join now!

• edited January 2013
    Destroy your enemies, p.s. fuck you Aardwolf

The best part about this thread is that we were given free reign to say fuck since Sarapis used it. He's an asshat.

Only YOU can prevent asshats, join Achaea now!

We want you...to become a Dragon! Devour your enemies whole!

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    It'd help to know where these ads are going. Are these just going to replace the TMS ads or are these going on MMO sites?

• edited January 2013

"Look at your MUD, now look at mine."
    "The MUD your MUD wants to be when it grows up."
    "Chuck Norris once played Achaea... and lost."
    "Can you beat Penwize to level 150?"
    "One epic tale. Unlimited stories."
    "Change a world with words."
    "One click. One thousand memories."
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    One that emphasizes the polytheistic flavor. "Worship Gods and be strengthened by Their favour". Or sometin.

• "One, continuous story that has been playing out since 1997 - where the players choose their fate."
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • Will think up some gold when I get home. This is my jam.
  • Where imagination comes to life

A dangerous world of politics and bloodshed

We have poker with a side of role-play!

A world where the story never ends...

I can't think of many.
    Dragonknight tells you, "SAIBEL SAIBEL BO BAIBEL FE FI FO FABLE."
  • Forge your own destiny in a player controlled world.
  • "Can't sleep? This game will definitely NOT help."

I don't know.. I'll think of more later

Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • edited January 2013
    Cooper said:
    Destroy your enemies, p.s. fuck you Aardwolf

The best part about this thread is that we were given free reign to say fuck since Sarapis used it. He's an asshat.

Only YOU can prevent asshats, join Achaea now!

We want you...to become a Dragon! Devour your enemies whole!
    @Cooper: We could play on the whole homophones debate, changing your last to:

"We want you too! Become a Dragon! Devour your enemy's hole!"
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
This discussion has been closed.