The ongoing Yggdrasil event

Comments

• Jacen said:
    Try to exaggerate my point a little more. There's a huge gap between no investment versus hiring a new coder and effecting the biggest release Achaea's ever seen. I just find it interesting that the flagship's biggest release ever came (probably) within a year of their newest project's release.

• Nicola said:

Makarios and I have pretty much nothing at all to do with the other IRE projects
    Good, because we're keeping you two! >:( 

I feel a bit conflicted on the new areas. On one hand they are absolutely amazing and I love how each one is different and is actually stupidly fun to explore. I just feel slightly conflicted because my personal view on dragons is that (outside of ascension) they are the pinnacle of mortal kind. While it is refreshing to see rats be something dangerous again, seeing dragons dying to two rats or someone's housecat just really rubs me wrong. Could you imagine these planes finally being connected to ours and from their perspective a bunch of massive dragons start walking into animal pens and getting murdered by their livestock. "Dear.. the lizards are here again.. should we do something? They keep dying to our goats." "No no Martha, let the little geckos have their fun, we're saving coin on feed."

All in all though, I'm pretty stoked about the event. I can't wait to see where we go from here! I just hope Catastrophe part three isn't on a weekend. :( 

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited December 2017
    But Dragons already can die to a lot of things anyway. Even to non-dragons. Also, we are talking about extraplanar rats. Those things are on a completely different league than normal rats, and you can't really compare them like they are the same thing.

Or at least thats the explanation I've come up with.

Personally, I am just completely taken in and fascinated with everything so far. Its been awesome. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    But Dragons already can die to a lot of things anyway. Even to non-dragons. Also, we are talking about extraplanar rats. Those things are on a completely different league than normal rats, and you can't really compare them like they are the same thing.

Or at least thats the explanation I've come up with.

Personally, I am just completely taken in and fascinated with everything so far. Its been awesome. 
    I tried telling folks the damn rats were leveling up right along with the rest of us. First it was Logosian rats, now these extra-planar menaces!
  • Dragons should not be dying to individual rats, they are very weak. I killed 4 at once in lesserform with a raja slaver hitting me.

• Buff the rats, they suck.

• I dunno who Ratatosk is, but Rat of Ratatosk sounds way cooler than Huge Rat, though I do understand there being some reluctance in revealing lore for a nameless denizen directly in its appearance. A compromise might be in its deathsight, eg. A huge rat dealt lethal toxin to X on Ratatosk's behalf, or even just in protection of the world tree.
  • edited December 2017
    HELP RATATOSK - it isn't a particular secret or anything (except how to get to him...)

Will consider the deathsight suggestion.
    "If you build it, they will come."
  • Fair enough, but it still sounded cooler and more dangerous even without knowing that's there. :D
  • I'm not particularly artied and I can bash them as a serp, so idk wtf kind of dragon would struggle with like less than 5
  • In regards to people dying to the rats.. let's not give the rats to much credit for being dragon slaying badasses when the results could as easily be explained by those dragons making mistakes or not paying attention. We've all heard of those people that go out of their way to get killed by butterflies.
  • It happens when you get recklessness from loki and your system doesn't handle it. Or you run out of immunity.
  • I got ganked by 8 of them in lesser form when I was trying to get to Ioje to help Atalkez with something. Didn't go well :(

• Recklessness is a big culprit I bet.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Ictinus said:
    The rats are agents of Ratatosk - the Guardian of the World Tree - and are supposed to be formidable.  They aren't by any means the same rats that wander around cities. Danger, and a feeling of "stranger in a strange land" is one of the big elements we've tried to convey with the entire Yggdrasil project.
    Giant killer rats?  Soooo... you were goimg for New York City? :-)

• I'd also like to add to those that ever feel there is a 'dull' or 'nothing happening' during an event:

Simply involve your character in what's happening and try to find different routes or options. It really can be quite rewarding, even more so if an admin takes notice and decides to play along.

As an example, most of Hashan does not trust these 'emissaries' and has been looking for other options. Only before yesterday did we actually grab a team together, make up a plan, and look into attempting to take out Jeramun. Did we fail? Yes. Was it fun? Hell yes.

Use the palette given and make more than one pretty picture is all im saying.
  • Thank you for the nightmares
  • Ratatosk is supposed to be a squirrel.

If you're going to change it completely, at least change the name, too.

:(
  • that looks pretty squirrel like to me.
  • Yeah, looks squirrel to me. Tail almost looks bushy.
  • I can't wait to see a squirrel IRL now.
  • Armali said:
    Yeah, looks squirrel to me. Tail almost looks bushy.

In a very spiky, ball of death sort of way.
  • Farrah said:
    Armali said:
    Yeah, looks squirrel to me. Tail almost looks bushy.

In a very spiky, ball of death sort of way.

Which of course is the best way.
    "If you build it, they will come."
  • @Nicola : Who drew that, btw?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]