Simple Ideas

Comments

• I already IDEA'd this one but I thought I would share the suggestion. Currently in inside observatories you cannot LOOK STARS and I'm guessing you would not be able to observe phenomenal related to the skies or other worldly events. I'd like it if observatories were special in case of being able to have outside room events and functions like LOOK STARS but stay indoors. 
    spread positivity
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Could do the same thing for seafaring too ;)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited October 2017
    Torinn said:
    Say <dir> <text>

People can knock on doors, for instance.  How do you figure out who is on the other side?  You want to ask who it is but YELLing talks to everyone in the area.  Adding a direction to the say will SAY to the adjacent room specified as well as the room you're in.
    To touch on this and semi necro it. WHO <direction> does work, and this used to work through doors. That is until I bugged it because you could spot people in stockrooms even though their door was closed and they had a gem and it just didn't make sense you'd see them through a door. However,   WHO <direction> does work through icewalls as a nice tip.
  • Any chance that CLASS STATUS can be updated to give information about every one of our classes and the skill-rank of each or at the least the option to check a specific class we have (CLASS STATUS <slot numver>)? Currently it seems to only give us information about our currently selected class and the skill-rank of each of its skills...which we can already see easily with AB.  Here is what the current version looks like:

Class Slot: 2
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Class:                   Serpent                 (full member)

Lesson modifier:         144%

Class skills:            Venom                   (Transcendent)
                                 Hypnosis                (Transcendent)
                                 Subterfuge              (Transcendent)

Switching cooldown:      ready
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rather than having to switch to the latest class to see how far along we are in it...could it please just be added to the list? I'd rather not blow my Switching CD to check and then get stuck in it :/

Ty

• TalamondTalamond Atop his throne of books
    For the vial refilling part of the tutorial, can the number of sips be increased from ten? Is there any reason why it's that low?
  • I think a great idea would be to stop giving all the new denizens a one-shot kill mechanic. Merry Christmas.

• A bit shocked this isnt a thing already but...could we receive the reason given behind a bounty when it is accepted? Or heck at least the reason given when it is completed?

It seems better than scratching your head wondering why you have some random individual out there that has claimed a bounty on you...and you have no clue why.
  • I would like an actual list of things you can bounty for, too, and a limit on how long a bounty can remain on the board.

Also a clarification if you can be bountied for things you did while you already had an active bounty up. 

• I'm glad you guys record dates and offenses now! I definitely complained about that several times.

I was also annoyed after coming back from a RL year or two of dormancy to have cities still have bounties up too. Definitely should be a reasonable cap to them.

• Cooper said:
    I'm glad you guys record dates and offenses now! I definitely complained about that several times.

I was also annoyed after coming back from a RL year or two of dormancy to have cities still have bounties up too. Definitely should be a reasonable cap to them.
    I agree here. Dormant/Retiring could automatically nullify the bounty. I suggest our MoS go through them every so often to remove dormant and/or retired players for that reason. No need to bog up the bounty board with bounties that can't actually be completed.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    A help list for bounty offenses could be useful, but I really don't want to get into MoS having to deal with people who want to lawyer their way through a situation. IMO, bounties should be very similar to enemy status, in that a city can put a bounty on you for nearly any reason (within IG reason) - as long as there is an attributable offense that garners it.

I honestly dont agree to that last bit...

I know players should use 'common sense' when they are given the reigns to such a powerful mechanic as making someone PKable...but we all know from Achaea's history that isnt often the case.

I've been asking around different cities for their bounty protocols and I admit i'm a bit shocked by reasons to bounty and counting offenses.

I'd honestly prefer if Bounties were set to a list of 3-4 offenses that you can pick from, while all other little tidbits can just be handled by Assassins/Marks and contracts (Lord knows they're starving...).
  • Asmodron said:
    Atalkez said:
    A help list for bounty offenses could be useful, but I really don't want to get into MoS having to deal with people who want to lawyer their way through a situation. IMO, bounties should be very similar to enemy status, in that a city can put a bounty on you for nearly any reason (within IG reason) - as long as there is an attributable offense that garners it.

-
    I've been asking around different cities for their bounty protocols and I admit i'm a bit shocked by reasons to bounty and counting offenses.
    -
    He's not wrong; theoretically they can bounty for whatever they want, so long as they're able to justify it.

You are, however, not allowed to count offences. One bounty at a time, if they commit crimes while they already have a bounty active, then tough luck. You're not allowed to bounty them again for something they did while already bountied.
  • Alyxeri said:
    Asmodron said:
    Atalkez said:

-
    -
    He's not wrong; theoretically they can bounty for whatever they want, so long as they're able to justify it.

You are, however, not allowed to count offences. One bounty at a time, if they commit crimes while they already have a bounty active, then tough luck. You're not allowed to bounty them again for something they did while already bountied.
    I would love some admin confirmation that counting offences is against the rules, cause I've had it happen quite a few times by certain parties.

@Nicola
    @Makarios

• ^ agreed with the above.

While asking around about bounty protocols in different cities, for certain situations they do indeed count
  • I’ve never heard that being illegal, and it being illegal is actually very illogical. Doing something to get a bounty shouldn’t give you immunity from your actions during that span, that makes no sense whatsoever.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    I’ve never heard that being illegal, and it being illegal is actually very illogical. Doing something to get a bounty shouldn’t give you immunity from your actions during that span, that makes no sense whatsoever.
    It doesn't give you immunity. They're still perfectly free to kill you when you're doing the thing that warrants the bounty.

If you complete a bounty WHILE they're in the middle of doing something that can be bountied, that is another story.
  • edited December 2017
    It’s absolutely immunity. If someone is raiding but they already have a bounty up, that’s a free raid they got to have without dealing with a contract/bounty.

Its the same concept as a Mark. If you hire on a guy for stealing from you, and he does it the next day, no one is saying you can’t hire on him again for the new offense.

Stop playing PK lawyer. You do some shit that you know is a bounty offense, deal with the bounty when it gets put up.

• edited December 2017
    It's not the same concept. If it was the same concept, then you'd be able to have more than 1 bounty in the first place.

Almost as dumb as ye olde days of cause counting, because that's exactly what action counting for bounties is.
  • edited December 2017
    As I said, I don’t recall anything that states you can’t keep track of offenses and bounty as appropriate.

You're right it is. Proficy gets away with it nearly every day, Mark system works with it, why would bounties be any different when it’s coming from an actual city to begin with?

• Increasing bounty amount for repeated offenses would be good.  Even those who aren't top combatants can get a large bounty if they do stuff constantly
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited December 2017
    How about we make this simple and just make it where you can PLACE BOUNTY ON X FOR <CHARGE #>. Charge # gets deleted then delete bounty with it. There's been a few times someone almost got pked after being unenemied because we forgot to drop bounty. Then maybe people will be more clear in their charge notes too >:(. After bounty completion show person the charge name or note. I dont care which. As for the no counting bounties it happens sometimes by mistake. An example. Person raids and has bounty already. Person claims because they're being raided by person. Completes bounty and it disappears. Raid over and raid charges get logged. MoS logs in and bounty goes up again for new raid charge. 

Edit: Or give me a configurable auto bounty system that takes into account if someone has a bounty currently that throws up bounties for certain charges that are specified.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I don't see why settling your enemy status should automatically exempt you from the bounty that's on your head, assuming the fees both before and after the bounty are the same (which I'm pretty sure is the case for most cities). There's still cause for the bounty.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited December 2017
    Ahmet said:
    I don't see why settling your enemy status should automatically exempt you from the bounty that's on your head, assuming the fees both before and after the bounty are the same (which I'm pretty sure is the case for most cities). There's still cause for the bounty.
    It doesn't have to. I'd leave it up to the city, but Edena at least likes to clean them up when unenemying. If I had a bounty, got unenemied, and got jumped/killed over bounty I wouldn't be upset about the bounty at all.
  • A city can only place one bounty at a time.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I know. I mean if you add one after its completed because someone did something while the bounty was on the board but nobody took it
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I don’t see an issue with that, personally!