Stockings!

Comments

• Is it more worth it to buy 3 regular stockings or one fancy stocking?
  • As I missed the question earlier, there's no difference between platinum and gold stockings. Same prize pools!

• @Makarios @Nicola Big thumbs up to the extravagant changes, I just tested a run of 5, and overall if I traded in and redeemed out the pieces I think it'd be worth around 3300 odd in total (clearly more thru smart marketing or if you actually needed any of the items and would have otherwise paid full value).  This also doesn't include the bonus one obviously.

I also feel like if I did more Extravagants I'd be a good chance to complete some of the top items, rather than feeling like I was going to end up with a shackle or another mudbomb.

The only downside is it highlights the need to have it cycle thru pieces when it allocates them, getting 4 tank pieces and having 3 of them being the same piece is just infuriating, and 2 harness pieces, yay, but oh they're both the same.

You have been awarded with The plaque for a seared glyph talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The links for an armoured charge tank talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The flame for a seared glyph talisman piece!
      You open an extravagant stocking and find 25 credits, a Ledolian Surcoat, a fire pendant, an ink-
    stained rose thorn, 119 gold sovereigns, 171 gold sovereigns, 407 gold sovereigns, a group of 10 
    pieces of rope, a group of 11 bloodroot leaves, and a group of 13 valerian leaves inside!

You have been awarded with The frame for an armoured charge tank talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The enchantment for a stratospheric harness talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The frame for an armoured charge tank talisman piece!
      You open an extravagant stocking and find a Ledolian Surcoat, a Ledolian Surcoat, a prospector's 
    guidebook, an ink-stained rose thorn, 1042 gold sovereigns, 1046 gold sovereigns, 935 gold 
    sovereigns, and a group of 7 wood commodities inside!

You have been awarded with Some sticky mud talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The enchantment for a stratospheric harness talisman piece!
      You open an extravagant stocking and find a pair of Mayan Bracelets and a group of 12 coal pieces 
    inside!

You have been awarded with The emblem for a seared glyph talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The binding for a sticky mud bomb talisman piece!
      You open an extravagant stocking and find a Ledolian Surcoat, a Ledolian Surcoat, a Ledolian 
    Surcoat, a Ledolian Surcoat, a Ledolian Surcoat, a prospector's guidebook, 1349 gold sovereigns, 
    2074 gold sovereigns, a group of 10 steel bars, a group of 24 ginseng roots, a group of 27 bloodroot 
    leaves, and a group of 32 lobelia seeds inside!

You have been awarded with The heart of a sceptre of aqueous mastery talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The enchantment for a sceptre of aqueous mastery talisman piece!
      You open an extravagant stocking and find a fire pendant, a luxurious black top hat, 926 gold 
    sovereigns, a group of 11 steel bars, a group of 20 bloodroot leaves, and a group of 27 ginseng 
    roots inside!

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I doubt theyll ever have pieces cycle, as it makes it super easy to spam open stockings and end up with all the pieces they need nearly guaranteed. Some sort of system that make those that already exist less likely to drop though (which could already be the case for all i know) might be a good idea.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Well not really, I mean if I spam open 20 extravagants then it means I just dropped 2.5k large into the game, I think having some sort of good chance to complete the top items would be fair and reasonable in that case. 

As in my example though, the pieces will still come from a pool of like 5 or 6 different talisman items, and your still likely going to get more glyph or tank pieces (lower value) than you would harness or sceptre pieces.

I'm not talking about cycling thru the items, but if it rolls that I'm going to get a tank piece, I think its fair that it shouldnt be possible to give the same tank piece it just gave half a second ago, or that it increments a counter and moves thru that items pieces.  It means theres always balance in the game on the numbers of pieces for each set (obvious exception being people like Zulah who might go and redeem away a bunch of pieces just to tease us).

• Makarios said:
    As purchase rates go down the stocking payouts do tend to get less crazy (same with globes) as there are bonus stocking rarities at open thresholds.
    Interesting. Does that mean it is better to buy at the start of the month?

Gdi.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Tysandr said:
    Makarios said:
    As purchase rates go down the stocking payouts do tend to get less crazy (same with globes) as there are bonus stocking rarities at open thresholds.
    Interesting. Does that mean it is better to buy at the start of the month?

Gdi.

Not really. It evens out, start of the month is just a major spike so its more obvious. The same pieces are still entering the game, there are just more of them during high purchase rate periods. Basically, more pieces purchased, more good pieces. Also more bad pieces.

• You have been awarded with The heart of a sceptre of aqueous mastery talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The links for an armoured charge tank talisman piece!

You open an extravagant stocking and find 30 credits, a globe of shifting continents, a prospector's guidebook, 1605 gold sovereigns, 591 gold sovereigns, a group of 20 goldenseal roots, a group of 23 bloodroot leaves, and a group of 24 valerian leaves inside!

You have been awarded with The buckles for a stratospheric harness talisman piece!

You open an extravagant stocking and find a phial of shimmering permanent ink, a prospector's guidebook, 413 gold sovereigns, and 557 gold sovereigns inside!

You have been awarded with The buckles for a stratospheric harness talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The script for a sceptre of aqueous mastery talisman piece!

You open an extravagant stocking and find a fire pendant, an ink-stained rose thorn, 245 gold sovereigns, and 921 gold sovereigns inside!

You have been awarded with The straps for a stratospheric harness talisman piece!

You open an extravagant stocking and find a Ledolian Surcoat, a fire pendant, an ink-stained rose thorn, 1028 gold sovereigns, a group of 11 pieces of rope, and a group of 15 lobelia seeds inside!

Agree with @Seragorn good upgrade expecially with the 50% and 25%. I'm just thrilled I finished harness but the extravagants made that possible by being able to pull from a pool of useful pieces without having to wade through a hundred of the lower pieces to get there. I feel good about the return on investment now. Thanks @Makarios @Nicola

• Sorry for all the questions but I just have a few more.

1. Is it more advisable to redeem unwanted/double talisman parts, nuts, top hats, etc or attempt to sell them (if they're sellable)?
    2. How long does it take for gold/platinum stockings to get filled?
    3. Is there any page that details what these talismans do when completed? I tried using the HELP function to no avail

Thank you in advance
  • Interesting prizes Seragorn. The price to get them hurts...but interesting
  • edited December 2017
    Acton said:
    Sorry for all the questions but I just have a few more.

1. Is it more advisable to redeem unwanted/double talisman parts, nuts, top hats, etc or attempt to sell them (if they're sellable)?
    3. Is there any page that details what these talismans do when completed? I tried using the HELP function to no avail

Thank you in advance
    1. Depends on the piece. Some you can make more than twice the redeem value off selling to a player. This will also be unbound rather than bound. The highest I've ever seen a single talisman piece go for was 1700cr so anything is possible.

2. Gold on December 25th, Platinum on January 1st

3. TALISMAN SET ELEMENTAL
    then use
    TALISMAN INFO <piece>
    for more information on that piece

• edited December 2017
    Acton said:
    Sorry for all the questions but I just have a few more.

Thank you in advance
    1. For talisman pieces, redeeming is generally the worst value, though depending on the piece it may be your only/best option. High value, but low demand and availability, talismans may mean you occasionally end up with a piece that you simply can't sell and won't be able to find the pieces to complete (looking at you, Black Wave grimoire pieces!).

If you sell, you can usually get a price that's above redeem value, and the credits are also unbound (since they come from another player) so you can use them to buy pieces you do need. You generally need to have an idea of rarity and the market for each individual item. Redeem value is your base selling price, and rarity generally scales with the overall price (so also scales with redeem value). It's harder to do with some sets which don't have redeem values for pieces that actually reflect their worth (e.g. the Death set, which all redeem for 10 credits regardless of the rarity of the piece).

If you can, buying the piece(s) you need to complete a talisman and then either selling that as a full item or completing it yourself and trading in is the best way to maximise your return.

As an example, a level one crit pendant is worth 200 credits (from memory, that may not be the correct price). It has four pieces, each valued at 50 credits each. Redeem value is 50% of the piece's value, so each piece redeems for 25 credits each. Tradein value on a completed level one crit pendant is 133 credits (400/3), so each piece is worth 33.25 credits each if I can complete the set. Let's say I have half of the talisman already. If I redeem those two pieces, I get 50 credits. If I can get the other two I need, I get an additional 83 credits. As long as I can buy the two extra pieces I need for less than 83 credits (and that's usually pretty easy for low value, high availability talismans) I've made a higher return.

Of course, I may be able to sell that item for more than 133 credits. I imagine I could find a buyer for a level one crit pendant at 150-175 credits, increasing my return even more.

Top hats - and other artefacts - are bound to you. Your only options are to keep them or to trade them in. I have no idea what the market is like for the other items (nuts, etc.).

2. Gold gets filled on Christmas Day, Platinum gets filled on New Year's Day, if I recall correctly.

3. TALISMAN SET ELEMENTAL will tell you which talismans are in the set. TALISMAN INFO <talisman> will tell you some information about the individual talisman. For the ones that just copy already available artefacts, look at the HELP files on artefacts.

• Redeeming completed sets is a thing? I have yet to find the syntax.. 
  • You have to complete the talisman, and then trade it in like an artefact.

Make sure to double check with people before you do this though, not every talisman can be traded in.

Always double check with people who wheel and deal in talismans before redeeming individual pieces too. We usually buy up the scrap pieces in bulk so we can either complete and sell/trade in, or trade between each other.

Those 4 airelemental lightning pieces are worth 7 credits each to you, but they might help me complete 4 talismans so I might offer 8 credits to you, etc.

• Dominius said:
    Redeeming completed sets is a thing? I have yet to find the syntax.. 
    This might seem picky, but no, that's not a thing. Trading in (not redeeming) completed talismans (i.e. individual items, not sets) is a thing. A lot of talismans (but not all, best to ask if you're unsure, as Cooper said) are considered artefacts when they're completed, and can therefore be traded in using the standard ARTEFACT command (ARTEFACT <item> TRADEIN, I think) for two-thirds of their value.
  • I just want a promotion that offers the option to avoid talisman pieces. That’s one IRE feature I’ve always hated - talismans and the equivalent in all the other games.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Ismay said:
    I just want a promotion that offers the option to avoid talisman pieces. That’s one IRE feature I’ve always hated - talismans and the equivalent in all the other games.
    There's also a 30% (40% with Iron Elite) bonus on straight credit purchases this month?
  • Ismay said:
    I just want a promotion that offers the option to avoid talisman pieces. That’s one IRE feature I’ve always hated - talismans and the equivalent in all the other games.
    There are a lot of us who offer credits if people purchase us the promo items. I (and plenty of others) have been offering 25 credits for each stocking purchased. A stocking is $4.99, would normally get you 14 credits during a 40% bonus sale (or 23 credits if you used the "cents per credit" of a 1000 credit purchase). Using the 1000 credit purchase value, getting 25 credits for $4.99 is a 66.5% bonus compared to the 40% you'd get off the website right now.

If the math is too weird, just know that at 25 credits per stocking you're getting a 66% bonus instead of 40% off the website right now.

• You have been awarded with The emblem for a seared glyph talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The glyphs for a stratospheric harness talisman piece!
    You open an extravagant stocking and find a fire pendant, a globe of shifting continents, a group of 5
    Lucrescent nuts, a group of 5 balls of seftonium, a luxurious black top hat, an ink-stained rose thorn,
    1014 gold sovereigns, a group of 10 coal pieces, a group of 18 ginseng roots, a group of 18 valerian 
    leaves, a group of 21 bloodroot leaves, a group of 23 bloodroot leaves, a group of 25 valerian leaves, 
    a group of 33 ginseng roots, a group of 6 wood commodities, and a group of 7 pieces of rope inside!
  • Just at redeem/tradein value of those things, that is 628 credits worth of items (globe valued at 25cr).

You spent $130 and got 628cr, a $130 credit purchase would get you 520 credits with the current 40% bonus. You essentially got an almost 70% bonus! That is a pretty good value.

Add that to getting a bonus stocking every 5 stockings that is worth double on average, that is a hell of a deal.

• You have been awarded with Some sticky mud talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The glyphs for a stratospheric harness talisman piece!
    You open an extravagant stocking and find a Ledolian Surcoat, a fire pendant, a prospector's guidebook
    , a group of 11 bloodroot leaves, a group of 8 coal pieces, and a group of 8 wood commodities inside!
  • That is over 1000 credits of value! 

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Puxi said:
    Here is my pull from 10 of them: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/uzS0dYmX
    @Dochitha I see three harness straps! :dizzy:
  • edited December 2017
    Decided to buy stockings instead of credits with the bonus sale going on. All logosmas stockings:

You have been awarded with The enchantment for a brooch of the tempest talisman piece!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a luxurious black top hat, 1485 gold sovereigns, a group of 18 

bloodroot leaves, and a group of 7 wood commodities inside!

You have been awarded with The clasp for a brooch of the tempest talisman piece!

You open a logosmas stocking and find 10 Humgii betting tickets, 1803 gold sovereigns, and a group 

of 29 lobelia seeds inside!

You have been awarded with Some tears of the sea talisman piece!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 balls of seftonium, a luxurious black top hat, 

1232 gold sovereigns, 1488 gold sovereigns, a group of 11 wood commodities, and a group of 24 

lobelia seeds inside!

You have been awarded with The lightning for an Air Elemental talisman piece!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 Lucrescent nuts, a group of 5 Lucrescent nuts, a 

group of 5 balls of seftonium, 1917 gold sovereigns, 537 gold sovereigns, a group of 10 coal pieces, 

a group of 10 steel bars, a group of 13 coal pieces, and a group of 28 goldenseal roots inside!

You have been awarded with The essence for an Air Elemental talisman piece!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 balls of seftonium, a luxurious black top hat, 

998 gold sovereigns, a group of 10 coal pieces, a group of 10 wood commodities, a group of 16 

goldenseal roots, a group of 16 valerian leaves, and a group of 8 coal pieces inside!

You have been awarded with The chain for a fire pendant talisman piece!

You open a logosmas stocking and find 10 Humgii betting tickets, a group of 5 balls of seftonium, a 

group of 5 balls of seftonium, 1776 gold sovereigns, 492 gold sovereigns, a group of 13 steel bars, 

a group of 17 lobelia seeds, a group of 18 bloodroot leaves, a group of 18 ginseng roots, a group of 

8 wood commodities, and a group of 9 coal pieces inside!

You have been awarded with The gem for a brooch of the tempest talisman piece!

You open a logosmas stocking and find 10 Humgii betting tickets, a group of 26 valerian leaves, and 

a group of 8 steel bars inside!

You have been awarded with The enchantment for a brooch of the tempest talisman piece!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 Lucrescent nuts, a group of 5 balls of seftonium, 

a wooden box of parts, 1258 gold sovereigns, 1401 gold sovereigns, 1969 gold sovereigns, a group of 

13 coal pieces, a group of 13 wood commodities, a group of 27 lobelia seeds, a group of 31 valerian 

leaves, a group of 6 steel bars, and a group of 7 pieces of rope inside!

You have been awarded with The binding for an Air Elemental talisman piece!

You open a logosmas stocking and find 10 Humgii betting tickets, a group of 5 Lucrescent nuts, 1026 

gold sovereigns, 1497 gold sovereigns, 2038 gold sovereigns, 484 gold sovereigns, and a group of 7 

wood commodities inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 balls of seftonium, a wooden box of parts, a 

wooden box of parts, 1282 gold sovereigns, 175 gold sovereigns, a group of 16 bloodroot leaves, a 

group of 26 valerian leaves, a group of 7 steel bars, a group of 8 coal pieces, and a group of 8 

coal pieces inside!

You have been awarded with The binding for an Air Elemental talisman piece!

You open a logosmas stocking and find 10 Humgii betting tickets, a group of 5 Lucrescent nuts, 2031 

gold sovereigns, 546 gold sovereigns, a group of 24 lobelia seeds, a group of 6 coal pieces, and a 

group of 7 pieces of rope inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a luxurious black top hat, a wooden box of parts, 1584 gold 

sovereigns, a group of 25 goldenseal roots, a group of 30 goldenseal roots, and a group of 8 wood 

commodities inside!

You have been awarded with The flame for a fire pendant talisman piece!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a featureless ice figurine, a group of 7 coal pieces, and a 

group of 7 steel bars inside!

You have been awarded with The setting for a fire pendant talisman piece!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a featureless ice figurine, 2020 gold sovereigns, a group of 

10 wood commodities, and a group of 8 steel bars inside!

• Seeing people buying 10 extravagant really drives home how broke I am. D:
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    edited December 2017
    Solnir said:
    Seeing people buying 10 extravagant really drives home how broke I am. D:
    Depends, some people just buy things regardless of cost.  I rather spend $1300 on a lot of other things.  Of course the reality is half of americans have a hard time coming up with $400 which is scary.
  • I ended up selling a bunch of rare PUBG and H1Z1 items so I had some extra cash  in my PayPal. Obviously, what Achilles said is true too... I just choose to spend it on Achaea instead of blowing it on something else :)
  • Wasn't trying to take a shot at you, @Puxi, hope it didn't come off as that. Nowadays I just have trouble justifying IRE Elite, so seeing $1300 worth of promo items in one go made me queasy. :P