The ongoing Yggdrasil event

Comments

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    you MONSTER :open_mouth:

• [Gutted]
    [22 Rage]
    He has 14% health remaining.
    [AFF]  Sensitivity
    Dozens of bladed legs flare wide before slicing closed around and into your body as a Dreadpilar
    shakes itself back and forth to rend at your flesh.
    6h 7501m 97%e 89%w   [8.3%]   (-8916h, 99.9%)  [sen] 01:20:00.283

But I got my revenge!

[Whipped]
    Thrashing wildly, a Dreadpilar expires as ichor and internal organs explode from within its cracked
    shell, splattering across you and your surroundings with equal vigour.                      
    [RIP RIP RIP]
    A length of stuff tumbles out of the corpse of a Dreadpilar.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited December 2017
    Having now learned that rats and bees are interesting creatures to kill again, at least until you walk into a room full of them and get one shotted lol.  I like it, good event!
  • Saeva said:
    The sea of blood looks amazing!!!

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/yZViFR9h
    Whatever you do, don't drink the Kool-Aid!

• I assume I missed something last night then as I was walking all over the tree and couldn't seem to get out anywhere. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Sobriquet said:
    I assume I missed something last night then as I was walking all over the tree and couldn't seem to get out anywhere. 
    Announce 4846: Stand at the flame of Yggdrasil and EMBRACE FLAME (when alive) to reach the trunk and the various worlds it leads to.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Yes, I did that and got inside / into the tree. I just couldn't find any way out into other areas. 

It's kind of ambiguous and weird. Basically every path you walk leads you back to the/a 'flame' room, but depending on which route you take, you can embrace flame to reach a different world.
    It doesn't work if you try to embrace flame while entering the centre room directly.

• So is there more to come with this whole thing? I had heard this was the biggest the release in IRE history or something, and it really isn't all THAT cool, at least so far.
  • it's pretty cool mate, just cause it's not your cup of tea doesn't mean otherwise.
  • Elsam said:
    So is there more to come with this whole thing? I had heard this was the biggest the release in IRE history or something, and it really isn't all THAT cool, at least so far.
    See UPCOMING - Phase 2 is happening in a few hours...and isn't the last...
    "If you build it, they will come."
  • They said there's more coming, so... Part II tonight!
  • Awesome! I was gonna say this was def not the biggest release in IRE history. xD
  • Elsam said:
    Awesome! I was gonna say this was def not the biggest release in IRE history. xD
    I think that would be arguable, even with what has been released so far. I haven't tallied up rooms (probably not going to either), but the number of rooms you can access through the Flame is comparable to the number that was originally on Meropis. Plus uh, it is planar travel, and we're going to an area that has never before been seen.

The quests in these areas are in depth and complicated, the mobs are unique and attack differently, etc.

Not to mention the whole world was tricked (thanks to @Kiet who wanted to make sure he got all the credit when the event started) into releasing a mega powerful demon that is Slith level powerful.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    The whole thing, from the ritual and the elements reacting (the Mistral reacting with consternation specially struck in my head) to it raining blood and Pazuzu being freed and the drums was all pretty awesome and atmospheric.Add some appropriate music on loop and it was pretty damn epic.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

I really liked the bit where Pazuzu's just kinda going off the rails and the trolls are persistently playing the drums. It was like 'ooooooh'.

Lots of people hate the movie but I really like the soundtrack >_>

• pff, be thankful I gave you new bashing areas instead of trying to blame me
  • Cooper said:
    Elsam said:
    Awesome! I was gonna say this was def not the biggest release in IRE history. xD

Not to mention the whole world was tricked (thanks to @Kiet who wanted to make sure he got all the credit when the event started) into releasing a mega powerful demon that is Slith level powerful.

Let us be sure to never let him live this down or it be forgotten :)
  • The tree is infuriating, trying to negotiate my way around is annoying af.  

• Sobriquet said:
    The tree is infuriating, trying to negotiate my way around is annoying af.  
    Config mapshow helps a lot

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • It is easy once you understand the overall flow of it. 

• -honours pazuzu

Black Pazuzu, the Prince of Woe
    He was born before the War of Humanity.
    His infamy is eternal.
    He was Crown Prince of the Inferno in the days of Ayar.
    His might is inconceivable to mortal ken.
    His discovery became the eternal shame of the Wanderer.
    Enheduanna's virtue and sanity were his price for war.
    He bound the Imperator beyond time for an eternity.
    By his word did the Black Wave come to pass.
    To his corruption have fallen kings and empires uncounted.
    His path through history has cut a bloody trail.
    He seeks a greater throne.
    He remembers those that scorned his name.

Yeah ok...it's on bish....
  • HataruHataru Midwest USA
    Asmodron said:
    Hataru said:
    Cooper said:
    Hataru called the Taug thing on day one of the event. I laughed then. Now I am eating my foot.
    Yeah screw you Cooper. Calling meetings 3 hours into an event and laughing at ideas >:(

LAUGHING AT MY WEALTH OF INFINITE KNOWLEDGE. Everyone talking in that meeting and I was god damn right. GOD DAMN RIGHT I SAY. VENGEANCE IS MINE.

What on earth even made you think or hinted towards it being Taug at the very start of the event :/
    The fact that I have well over 200 books at my disposal, 15 years of logs, and experience with events >.>

Basically what it comes down to is that there was so little information on Agatheis (he was never one of the more actively played divine) that I made a list of every possibility, looked back through the orb visions too (since it was confirmed some happened "off camera") and I basically was like "2-3 of these orbs things are probs relevant, idk, conduits, me and Ysela talked about elements, and oh Taug's an asshole we should talk to him" in our Council meeting lol what Taug's involvement came down to was the tie to elements. It was definitely my most reaching guess of everything and the one I am, by far, most surprised I was on track with.

In @Cooper's defense for his folly of not believing my INFINITE WISDOM, he predicted some of the world tree stuff pretty damn accurate. And me and @Aegoth chatted about how it was likely planes. 
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • I hate to be a person complaining about how one of these events is going (especially because overall, this has all been awesome), but this current part is pretty frustrating. In an hour or so of hunting with a group, with multiple greater elementals killed, not a single orb dropped. Especially since most of the time is spent looking for elementals that are supposedly swarming the place, and not actually fighting, it ends up feeling pretty slow. I tried bugging it (since I hadn't even heard of a single one dropping) and got this as a response:

Message #17604      Sent by Achaea
    2017/12/04/1:45 Your bug report (detail: alright, so, obviously this could be luck or entirely 
    intended, but the conduits have claimed that greater elementals should be dropping cores somewhat 
    reliably (as opposed to lessers, where it might be rare). Thus far, however, no one has seen a 
    single one drop) - has been removed because it is not a bug (usually meaning that this is the way 
    things are intended to be). Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or misunderstanding 
    that may be involved. The following notes were included: At least half a dozen have dropped and been 
    used appropriately.

If this is the intended rate (six over all hunters over the course of an hour or so), then I've gotta say, this is pretty underwhelming, especially with the random deaths that'll hit you in the area.
  • Spawns should be a bit more regular now and not into houses  or any silliness like that which was making an impact. In the 30 minutes since the bug deletion (going by your post), plenty more have dropped; keep in mind the Grasslands are not the only place housing elementals.
    "If you build it, they will come."
  • It sounds like some of my confusion may be that after the envoys said that we should be killing them on the prime, and not on the tree, it's sounding like the tree is one of the most reliable places to get drops.
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/AYv9vows

Can I throw a penalty flag for unnecessary roughness?

• Atalkez said:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/AYv9vows

Can I throw a penalty flag for unnecessary roughness?
    This is what they did with your flag: https://streamable.com/xw4ta
  • Someone explain to me what's happening now? 

Had to go to bed before the latest upcoming cos : Work night.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.