Seeking some Serpent wisdom, especially with Artefacts

2»

Comments

• If your credits are from retirement, they're all going to be bound so you won't be able to use them to purchase talisman pieces at all. If they'll be unbound you can buy one, but all 4 pieces will probably run you something like 700-800cr total. 

The thing about the cape is that, credit for credit, it is by far the best PvE tanking artifact you can buy, assuming you're able to keep it charged. Getting +50% health is huge for tankiness because all of your healing abilities scale with how much health you have, which means that it's not only more health, it's more healing on top of it. 

On the other hand, it is 99.99% useless in PvP; about the only time it matters is if you are jumped while hunting. It is technically possible to pre-charge it and then jump somebody else immediately, but this is pretty damn impractical and a super super super niche case.

As such, I find myself hard-pressed to say that you should spend ~10% of your total credit budget on one of these.
  • edited December 2017
    Nazihk said:
    If your credits are from retirement, they're all going to be bound so you won't be able to use them to purchase talisman pieces at all. If they'll be unbound you can buy one, but all 4 pieces will probably run you something like 700-800cr total. 

The thing about the cape is that, credit for credit, it is by far the best PvE tanking artifact you can buy, assuming you're able to keep it charged. Getting +50% health is huge for tankiness because all of your healing abilities scale with how much health you have, which means that it's not only more health, it's more healing on top of it. 

On the other hand, it is 99.99% useless in PvP; about the only time it matters is if you are jumped while hunting. It is technically possible to pre-charge it and then jump somebody else immediately, but this is pretty damn impractical and a super super super niche case.

As such, I find myself hard-pressed to say that you should spend ~10% of your total credit budget on one of these.
    Thanks for the insight Nazihk! I plan to purchase the lot at the end of the month so they will all be unbound. I have the same reservations about keeping it charged. What are the specifics around how long it stays charged and whatnot? I'll likely be doing a heck of a lot more hunting than PK at first so I'll make the 800-900credits up eventually.
  • Tujaques said:
    Nazihk said:
    If your credits are from retirement, they're all going to be bound so you won't be able to use them to purchase talisman pieces at all. If they'll be unbound you can buy one, but all 4 pieces will probably run you something like 700-800cr total. 

Thanks for the insight Nazihk! I plan to purchase the lot at the end of the month so they will all be unbound. I have the same reservations about keeping it charged. What are the specifics around how long it stays charged and whatnot? I'll likely be doing a heck of a lot more hunting than PK at first so I'll make the 800-900credits up eventually.
    I would venture to say they will be more expensive than 700-800. I personally bought mine at 950 credits. 
  • Every time you kill a denizen (not counting really weak denizens or those loyal to players), your max health increases by a bit (don't remember exactly how much) to a max of +50%. After 4 minutes of not killing anything, the bonus disappears.
  • Sena said:
    Every time you kill a denizen (not counting really weak denizens or those loyal to players), your max health increases by a bit (don't remember exactly how much) to a max of +50%. After 4 minutes of not killing anything, the bonus disappears.
    So theoretically you could pair that up with some wings to move between areas before the time limit is up thus taking fully advantage of the bonus for as long as possible? Sounds helpful provided it isn't too costly to obtain.
  • Dairon said:

I would venture to say they will be more expensive than 700-800. I personally bought mine at 950 credits. 
    Still as long as it isn't overly expensive, it would be a great addition to hunting for someone so squishy.
  • Tujaques said:
    So theoretically you could pair that up with some wings to move between areas before the time limit is up thus taking fully advantage of the bonus for as long as possible? Sounds helpful provided it isn't too costly to obtain.
    Any form of fast travel (wings, vibrating stick, class abilities, pierce the veil, etc.) or even just autowalking can get you most anywhere on the same continent within 2-3 minutes. Aside from travelling between Sapience/Meropis/islands (and even those have some fast travel methods available), the main issue is having to check multiple bashing areas because they're already bashed out.

As for the price, like I said the cape's price varies a lot depending on recent availability. If you're patient enough (willing to wait a few months) you might be able to complete one for around 600, or it could be 1200+ if they haven't been available for a while and not many people are still selling them. I'd say 1200 is still very cost-effective compared to other defensive bashing artefacts though.
  • Sena said:
    Tujaques said:
    Any form of fast travel (wings, vibrating stick, class abilities, pierce the veil, etc.) or even just autowalking can get you most anywhere on the same continent within 2-3 minutes. Aside from travelling between Sapience/Meropis/islands (and even those have some fast travel methods available), the main issue is having to check multiple bashing areas because they're already bashed out.

As for the price, like I said the cape's price varies a lot depending on recent availability. If you're patient enough (willing to wait a few months) you might be able to complete one for around 600, or it could be 1200+ if they haven't been available for a while and not many people are still selling them. I'd say 1200 is still very cost-effective compared to other defensive bashing artefacts though.
    Aaaaah, I didn't consider that part. Good to know. I guess I'll have to shop around and see before doing anything. May just save a surplus just in case.
  • edited December 2017
    Sena said:
     I'd say 1200 is still very cost-effective compared to other defensive bashing artefacts though.
    It really is, yeah. No question.

My concern is that he has a credit budget of 7500, so a 1200cr cape means spending 16% of his total credit budget on a purely PvE artifact. Since his artifact selections show an emphasis on PvP, that may not be a great idea.

The cape is fantastic. I have one myself and love it. I just want to point out that it's a PvE only artifact and that you should definitely take that into consideration when you're deciding how much you're willing to spend on one.
  • Nazihk said:
    Sena said:
     I'd say 1200 is still very cost-effective compared to other defensive bashing artefacts though.
    It really is, yeah. No question.

My concern is that he has a credit budget of 7500, so a 1200cr cape means spending 16% of his total credit budget on a purely PvE artifact. Since his artifact selections show an emphasis on PvP, that may not be a great idea.

The cape is fantastic. I have one myself and love it. I just want to point out that it's a PvE only artifact and that you should definitely take that into consideration when you're deciding how much you're willing to spend on one.
    I definitely appreciate the insight with how I'm leaning towards PvP which is definitely true in the long term. However I have a while to go before I get there just level wise let alone combat experience wise, how long exactly I'm not sure. In the mean time I'm going to be bashing my way to dragon as much as I possibly can. 16% is definitely a large share but for the overall benefit I would receive from it as long as the price is right is might definitely be worth it in the end just to help with the overall grinding aspect in my eyes.

I just have to consider the fact that while I'd love to stock up on offensive arties for PvP ahead of time it would probably be better to stock up on stat and bashing arties beforehand as most of those can be used across different classes. That way if I get to a point where I decide I want to be a Jester, or something else I'm not taking a huge loss. That makes the 16% a bit more palpable. Especially considering the current promotion for credit purchases.
  • You plan ahead, 7500 credits best spent on stuffs that gets you ahead. You won't end with 7500 credits, you end with more credits than that. Speed and ability to earn more credits does change your entire experience with Achaea. Plan ahead, let credits earn more credits. Defer spending that won't help you get more credits... PvP's requirement for credit is deep, of course you can stay okay without (not saying you have to get arties at all), but if you enjoy getting more arties, it's crazy how many you can get with multiclass now, that may at one point interest you. So I will always put ability to generate credit ahead when making spending decisions. Just my pov.

Now facts: If I level again, like it or not I have to make 600 credits. If Xaden levels, like it or not, he has to make what...2000 credits? If Penwize level, god knows how many credits he will make through that level...

I love hunting so I am biased, but hunting is a great way to push the game forward. Hence I will recommend striking a balance between hunt and PvP, don't just throw all into PvP and face end game.
  • Dochitha said:
    I love hunting so I am biased, but hunting is a great way to push the game forward. Hence I will recommend striking a balance between hunt and PvP, don't just throw all into PvP and face end game.
    That’s definitely great advice. I’ll likely end up starting out with some bashing artefacts and go from there depending on how that goes.

Also just a quick question. I’m still not quite clear on the Morphing aspect of the L3 weapons. What does this allow them to morph into, other L3 weapons? 
  • Normal L3 weapons can't morph in any way, morphing weapons are a special thing that are occasionally available through auctions, you can't purchase them normally. They can turn into any L3 weapon, excluding bows.
  • Sena said:
    Normal L3 weapons can't morph in any way, morphing weapons are a special thing that are occasionally available through auctions, you can't purchase them normally. They can turn into any L3 weapon, excluding bows.
    Makes much more sense. Kept looking for information on them after seeing them mentioned so often. Thank you Sena!
  • Sena said:
    Normal L3 weapons can't morph in any way, morphing weapons are a special thing that are occasionally available through auctions, you can't purchase them normally. They can turn into any L3 weapon, excluding bows.
    They actually can only turn into melee weapons. Here's the full list:

Longsword, scimitar, broadsword, shortsword, rapier, battleaxe, bastard, warhammer, morningstar, spear, trident, halberd, flail, whip, lash, dirk, mace, blackjack, knuckles, scythe, staff.

• Right, I forgot there were javelins and daggers as ranged weapons in addition to bows.
  • edited December 2017
    Well, since I’m going hunting arties first I figure I might as well ask. How much better is the L2 set (Belt, Bracelet, Sip Ring, Crit Pendant) than the L1 set? It’s about an 1850 credit difference so I’m curious if anyone has played around with it. As a squishy serpent I’m assuming the extra help from the L2 doesn’t hurt at all but would that 1850 be better spent on other stuff? Such as adding in boots? I’m sure it may just come down to preference I guess.
  • Answered my own question. I can start with Level 1 and upgrade each piece as I see fit. Just figured I’d post it here in case anyone in the future were to read it.