OOC Raves

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia

Once I got them home I realised I didn’t have a vase tall enough so I had to trim them down to fit.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Happy birthday Kyrraaaaaaaaaa-a-a-aa-ahhhh

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    edited November 2017
    Klendathu said:
    Happy birthday Kyrraaaaaaaaaa-a-a-aa-ahhhh
    My birthday is in May though.

As there's some speculation on where these are from, I'll share. There's a pair of two incredibly brilliant students that are sisters, and I've been very fond of them since I started working at the school. The flowers were a thank you from them for being very welcoming and supportive, especially in the lead up to exams.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• @Klendathu : you should start your own thread and post a happy birthday message each day until her real burthday
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Tahquil said:
    @Klendathu : you should start your own thread and post a happy birthday message each day until her real burthday
    That's a plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I see you are a man of culture as well!

• Amazing, gorgeous, wonderful, brilliantly intelligent, kind, generous yummy people. Specifically one person. They know who they are. <3
  • Tysandr said:
    Just finished The Punisher S01. Would recommend.
    Three episodes in, enjoying it so far

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Tysandr said:
    This so much

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited November 2017
    Atalkez said:
    Tysandr said:
    This so much

• Tysandr said:
    Watched first episode yesterday morning. Loading last episode right now, it is good.
  • Rekhyr said:
    Tysandr said:
    Watched first episode yesterday morning. Loading last episode right now, it is good.
    Loved what Frank did with the mirror in the last episode. Utterly loved it.
  • edited December 2017
    Devran said:
    Loved what Frank did with the mirror in the last episode. Utterly loved it.
    You could feel it all... well made scene
  • Spoiler tags, people, spoiler tags! FFS

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Four episodes off being finished with The Punisher. I'm loving it so much.

• edited December 2017
    Sobriquet said:
    Spoiler tags, people, spoiler tags! FFS

If there was anything in my post that gave anything away, I'd agree with you. But there isn't. Calm down.
  • Made $3200 Sunday, $600 today, Wednesday I have $7750 coming, and then Thursday I have $2500.  Truly a good week for me!

• Caelan said:
    Made $3200 Sunday, $600 today, Wednesday I have $7750 coming, and then Thursday I have $2500.  Truly a good week for me!
    Drug dealer confirmed! Spend it all on stockings :D
  • Caelan said:
    Made $3200 Sunday, $600 today, Wednesday I have $7750 coming, and then Thursday I have $2500.  Truly a good week for me!
    You need help? Dang

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited December 2017
    I would but there's no ivorybowstring  pieces in stockings or talisman pieces so F that.

Pretty psyched about it actually.  Won't happen again likely but.. really good week.  Plus my IRA went up a couple thousand over night. And I got word they are finally posting the Probation and Parole contract which I'm all set for, just need to apply.  Awesome.  Now I wait for the other shoe to fall.....

Plus, in a year I'll likely be setting up my own computer forensics gig, supplemented with repairs and maybe some apps.  Sa-weet.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Work dinner tonight was so great even though I was dateless. 

• edited December 2017
    Sobriquet said:

The webcam element was a great visual impact tool and seemed to make quite the impression, although clearly you need to find the line between looking to scare and and looking to educate.

Reminded me why I got into IT Security in the first place!

I got to do something similar on the forensic side.  Showed the kids how I can track everything they've done on their network (all the log files for events, router logs, server logs, etc), online (searches [whether typed manually or redirected, etc], stored files, cloud services,etc)  and then accessing unallocated space and the registry to show them nothing is really ever gone, even if they think putting it on a thumb drive and deleting it works. Nothing quite so fancy as yours but I think this kind of education is vitally important (yours and mine) to teach kids how they are easily monitored, tracked, and hacked online and not - as well as just how much information their digital devices keep about them.  Especially cell phones (deleted messages, skype conversations, where they have been with the phone even with the GPS off, what networks they've connected to, the works).

I really don't think you can scare them enough!  

edit: Speaking of which, on top of my great week thus far, I found out my contract is being extended almost indefinitely.  I'll be getting another one with a different department, AND a raise.  What an amazing week thus far.  I only hope the 'downside' of this upswing is the fact I got kinda jack-shit on my 5 grand stockings. :D

• I'd be really keen to delve deeper into the forensics side of things and have looked at the EC Council Forensics course, although moreso because if I passed the exam I'd automatically renew my CEH.

• edited December 2017
    Sobriquet said:
    I'd be really keen to delve deeper into the forensics side of things and have looked at the EC Council Forensics course, although moreso because if I passed the exam I'd automatically renew my CEH.
    https://www.forensicmag.com/ 

Has a few decent articles.  It's not very in-depth (kind of like a Newsweek for forensics) but it gives a good idea. The group at MIT? that figured out how to guess your phone passcode using just the gyroscopes (sensors public to any app) and the event for when you try to log in.. brilliant!