function loadInventory()
    	if string.char(getMudletHomeDir():byte()) == "/" then 
    		_sep = "/"
    	else 
    		_sep = "\\"
    	end -- if

shop_inventory = getMudletHomeDir() .. _sep .. "shop_inventory.lua"

if (io.exists(shop_inventory)) then
    		table.load(shop_inventory, inventoryList)
    	end -- if
    end -- func
    registerAnonymousEventHandler("sysLoadEvent", "loadInventory")

Is there a reason people still do the / or \\ shenanigans for windows/linux? It isn't really necessary as far as I know. I'd like to chalk it up to most people not knowing it isn't, but if there is a reason to still do it I'd love to learn why!
  • Rangor said:
    Merewyn said:
    can someone break this down for the completely code-illiterate me? Am I meant to just c/p all this into a single script, then create aliases that call on these functions? 
    Yep!
    Can you provide an example of just one of the aliases calling one of the functions? The breakdown of this is amazing and I want to try and play/create something.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Prythe said:
    Rangor said:
    Merewyn said:
    can someone break this down for the completely code-illiterate me? Am I meant to just c/p all this into a single script, then create aliases that call on these functions? 
    Yep!
    Can you provide an example of just one of the aliases calling one of the functions? The breakdown of this is amazing and I want to try and play/create something.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZmOtUFCwRGusWwYUQtKsKaPufQbZ6kve

See if you can download that, should include the scripts and aliases I use for managing my shop. Someone else supplied me with the shopdropandroll script once upon a time for auto pricing. 
  • You guys are awesome! 
  • Rangor said:
    Prythe said:
    Rangor said:
    Merewyn said:
    Yep!
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZmOtUFCwRGusWwYUQtKsKaPufQbZ6kve

See if you can download that, should include the scripts and aliases I use for managing my shop. Someone else supplied me with the shopdropandroll script once upon a time for auto pricing. 
    Thank you so much.

I think I might have a larger issue. 

I had a script which was working then suddenly the command returned nothing. 

Same thing here - I entered the alias you set up, and nothing:

System doesn't even tell me that it does not understand - just does nothing.

Is there a setting which tells Mudlet - Hey, we're doing Lua stuff here! which I might have accidently turned off?

Thank you again!

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Have you enabled gmcp? Also of you click the errors button in your aliases/triggers/scripts it usually tells you what went wrong, even if it's hard to understand what it's saying.
  • Just downloaded this awesomesauce script! Anything that helps me keep track of 2 shops is worthy of worship. Anyways, I can't seem to get the update inventory and compare inventory aliases to do anything. GMCP is on. Any ideas?

I've also gone through the shipList script, and changed the listing to fit my own inventory.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Ismay said:
    Just downloaded this awesomesauce script! Anything that helps me keep track of 2 shops is worthy of worship. Anyways, I can't seem to get the update inventory and compare inventory aliases to do anything. GMCP is on. Any ideas?

I've also gone through the shipList script, and changed the listing to fit my own inventory.
    There's a room number ID in there for my version. Someone else posted a fix that would make it worn for multiple shops. Which one are you using?
  • Your version. I made one for each shop.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Ismay said:
    Your version. I made one for each shop.
    in Shopdropandroll did you see.. ?

shopnumber = 35034 --replace with the storeroom room number

Should be to just go into the shop, hit suinv, leave shop, buy something, enter shop and hit scinv. click errors and see what goes wrong if it still doesn't work :)
  • Holy poop on a stick. Finally understand how it works! This thing is wonderful. Thank you!!

Thanks!