IRE Demographics Survey

Hey everyone! I'm in the middle of a statistics class right now, and was assigned a fairly open-ended project to create and draw conclusions from a survey. Since I've always been curious about what types of people make up our community, I thought this might be a good opportunity to learn more about the demographics of our playerbase beyond what forum polls generally allow for. All responses are completely anonymous, and if there's a question you'd prefer not to answer, you can just leave it blank. Any and all responses would be a huge help!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YC9CDH6

Comments

• Done!   

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Done. Would be interested to see the results when you're finished!

• Agree with Antidas.
  • Yeh, that one answer from the guy who is 165yrs old... ;)

also done. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Done :)  
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• @Illaren hope you post the results! I was sad when I got to the "How much have you spent total..."
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Done! Also very curious of results.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Also done and also curious!
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Done                  

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• DUN    

• Done. Interesting choices of questions.
  • That last question threw me
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Namesake Cheshire Cat!!!!
  • Tysandr said:
    That last question threw me
    I expected more of the survey to be questions like the last one.

I didn't feel like calculating even an estimate of how much I've spent on Achaea so I just put something along the lines of "Too much."
  • Yep I'm done too :)

• Antonius said:
    Tysandr said:
    That last question threw me
    I expected more of the survey to be questions like the last one.

I didn't feel like calculating even an estimate of how much I've spent on Achaea so I just put something along the lines of "Too much."
    Luckily for me, almost all of my spending came from one month, which I heard about for many months after when my wife saw the bank statement. So it was easy to do the math.
  • Solnir said:
    Luckily for me, almost all of my spending came from one month, which I heard about for many months after when my wife saw the bank statement. So it was easy to do the math.

HAHA..  Brings back so many memories.

• Completed!
  • Done! I don't honestly know the value spent, so I just gave the retire value. Some of it was purchased, other bits were accrued through marketing. 

Also: Lettuce, Guacamole, Bacon, Tomato. 
  • Bacon is clearly the best.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Thank you guys for all the responses, up to 86 now! In retrospect there are a few questions I wish I had added, but ah well. And I can definitely post some results when I'm done for the curious.
  • Whee! All done.

• All done! :love:
  • Just hit 100 responses, which is the limit for Surveymonkey without a subscription. If anyone else wants to take it, I created an identical one, so here's the new link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/N6BVTYP

• Let’s see some data from the first set!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I'm interested to see the findings!
  • Okay, I'm not going to do too much with the data yet, since I'm still getting some responses and don't want to end up redoing it all in another day or two. But for a few quick numbers:

Average age: 29.1
    Average money spent: 3172
    Median money spent: 1000
    Average hrs/week: 21.5
    Player gender: 67.1% male, 32.3% female, .6% other
    Character gender: 59.8% male, 39.5% female, .6% other
    27.9% of players are LGBT
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Really? That's surprising. I always thought Achaea's male/female pop was pretty 50 50.

Then again, maybe a good section of the females avoid the forums.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Illaren said:
    Okay, I'm not going to do too much with the data yet, since I'm still getting some responses and don't want to end up redoing it all in another day or two. But for a few quick numbers:

Average age: 29.1
    Average money spent: 3172
    Median money spent: 1000
    Average hrs/week: 21.5
    Player gender: 67.1% male, 32.3% female, .6% other
    Character gender: 59.8% male, 39.5% female, .6% other
    27.9% of players are LGBT
    I helped with the player vs character gender discrepancy! I'm a hero!

also nearly 28% of those 100 are LGBT, that's rather impressive IMO! 
  • Melodie said:
    Really? That's surprising. I always thought Achaea's male/female pop was pretty 50 50.

Then again, maybe a good section of the females avoid the forums.
    That was my thought, upon seeing the numbers. I'd also guess there's a decent margin of error, since the sample size is gonna be pretty small overall.