SnB Runewarden hunting - slice or rend?

edited November 2017 in Quick Class Questions
Which is better for hunting, or which do you use? I've tried to test a bit and both seem to be doing the same damage but that was only a few hits. Maybe the difference is more obvious at higher strengths?

Also, will sketching gebo+gebu on my shield further reduce denizen damage or am I just wasting inks?

Best Answer

• Accepted Answer
    Slice is better. 

Gebo/gebu reduce physical denizen damage. 

Answers

• Thanks a bunch! :+1:
  • Jakiro said:
    Which is better for hunting, or which do you use? I've tried to test a bit and both seem to be doing the same damage but that was only a few hits. Maybe the difference is more obvious at higher strengths?

Also, will sketching gebo+gebu on my shield further reduce denizen damage or am I just wasting inks?
    If you don't mind me saving you a bit of time, respec as DWC or 2H and hammer out dragon. I think they ended up scaling SnB hunting with strength recently, which certainly helps but takes away from your ability to tank if you focus on strength.

I made dragon as an SnB, and it looks like you are at 92 and well on your way. Not sure if you have ARTE weapons though, they may sway your decision.

On the bright side, your easiest days are ahead, even if you stay SnB!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jLBDZHyCjEmlW06Mb4WITSK42CMHFW-N2k89omE4lMw/edit?usp=sharing 

• Thanks!

I have an SoA so I'm partial to changing specs cause I won't be able to use it. SnB is slow hunting, but I'm managing so far. It's amazing at taking damage though! And I can always switch to Druid when I get bored, although I don't see much difference in their hunting speed right now.

I don't have arte weapons, would that even make things faster to a point where I should consider them? On that topic, will longswords be better or should I do broadswords for hunting?

Lastly, what did you mean by 'easiest days'?
  • Many years ago, there was very few high level hunting areas, so half way to dragonhood was level 92 and a bit, but because of a lot more hunting areas, 92 -> 99 is now the easiest half towards dragonhood. You can hunt a heck of a lot more places now!
  • edited November 2017
    Oh! I'm probably way behind on those locations. I still only hunt Annwyn and Meropis. And the former seems to have gotten a harder since I was last here (I could only hunt the lake now, before I could do the Fairies Knights).

ETA: Just noticed all three of you who answered are Mhaldorian. What a helpful bunch! :P
  • 91.3 is the halfway mark experience wise, give or take a few %.

• edited November 2017
    Hunt islands! Zanzibaar, in particular. It's good gold, and it gets an experience boost because it's an outer island.
     <3 
  • I hunted Zanzibar from 84 to 99 :(
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."