The Education of Suffering

edited September 2012 in The Scarlattan Theatre
Vigo's first sermon. Thank you to all who attended.

Comments

• Sorry I missed the very beginning.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    I'll give you the same critique I gave IC, while the content was sound and well put together, it is hard to be convincing when talking about suffering when your character is still a teenager despite how "true" you believe the truths are. You certainly have a @Flair for tje dramatic with all that whip cracking.
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Sounds like a well-taught young Mhaldorian to me. 
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Yeah, while I love the work you've put it, I hope you're going to RP being from a strict Mhaldorian family, to explain all this experience. :)

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Vayne said:

I'll give you the same critique I gave IC, while the content was sound and well put together, it is hard to be convincing when talking about suffering when your character is still a teenager despite how "true" you believe the truths are. You certainly have a @Flair for tje dramatic with all that whip cracking.

I figured being born into slavery and experiencing Suffering every waking minute of his early life was a better start than most. :) But I see where you're coming from. Read Vigo's background sometime if you get a moment.

And Katzchen, I never even thought of that. I don't know that I've met any Mhaldorian families yet, though I've noticed some of the matching surnames around town.
  • And responding @Vayne again, I was trying to show more of how it doesn't so much matter where you are now, but the path your dedication and faith can take you down.
  • Vigo said:
     I don't know that I've met any Mhaldorian families yet, though I've noticed some of the matching surnames around town.
    Well, if you know of Katzchen, you know of the Xanatovs. Sure, we're not all Mhaldorians, but I'd say a good majority of those awake are. Honestly, if I could have, I would have tried to move to Mhaldor because I really actually like that side of Trilliana's family.
    meh

• <3@Trilliana

obligatory <3@Katzchen for awesome RP with my alt
  • Vasool said:
    <3@Trilliana

<3

wait YOUR ALT!? Why do I not know about this!? *pouts* oh well <3
    meh

• NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    I'm all for the Xanatovs returning to our Mhaldorian heritage.
  • Vigo said:
     I don't know that I've met any Mhaldorian families yet, though I've noticed some of the matching surnames around town.
    Dracotalus, Coldraven, Lichlord, and Vastel were the original Mhaldorian families. Pretty sure there are one or two more Mhaldorian surnames that came later, but I can't remember them right now. Also, I'm not sure but I think De Soulis is Shayatin-specific.

More directly on topic, I liked the sermon a lot. I don't think that the youth or inexperience of your character was a problem at all, especially considering the sermon's content.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."

• Nizaris said:

Saw Xorxan quit, the oathbreaker way. A hunting we shall go.

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited September 2012
    Trilliana said:
    Vasool said:
    <3@Trilliana

<3

Don't worry, I don't know who it is either.

Xanatovs have been a bit of a joke lately, with Koty, and her smothering about all that's said over the family clan. Then to see Xorxan encourage it, ugh. 

• Katzchen said:
    Trilliana said:
    Vasool said:
    <3@Trilliana

<3

Don't worry, I don't know who it is either.

Xanatovs have been a bit of a joke lately, with Koty, and her smothering about all that's said over the family clan. Then to see Xorxan encourage it, ugh. 

Yeah, Koty's Koty. She's always been that way. But other than her, the Xanatovs are awesome. 
    meh

• Nizaris said:
    I wouldn't last a day as a Mhaldorian, I'm too nice, and I can be affectionate which would get me killed :/ A lot. 
    meh

• Public displays of affection are against the law in Mhaldor. (Love this law) So probably kicked out if you kept it up.

• Katzchen said:
    Public displays of affection are against the law in Mhaldor. (Love this law) So probably kicked out if you kept it up.
    Exactly why I wouldn't last a day!
    meh

We actually love our slaves that's why we make them suffer. It's for their own good. Shera was originally a cuddly sort of char, she just channeled a different way of showing her affections in Mhaldor.

As for family, Vasool and Vadi are Xanatovs but I think Shera's from Mayapple's side. As much as I want to have more evil Xanatovs, Shera's keeping her dormant mommy's last name.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Xer thinks similarly to Sherazad, at least, the love part. Mhaldor doesn't hate the world (well, not inherently), just its weakness. Otherwise, one could say that Mhaldor loves the world so much it tries to advance all of mortal sentience (it's the First Truth after all).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Xer said:
    Xer thinks similarly to Sherazad, at least, the love part. Mhaldor doesn't hate the world (well, not inherently), just its weakness. Otherwise, one could say that Mhaldor loves the world so much it tries to advance all of mortal sentience (it's the First Truth after all).
    Precisely what I tried to drive home. Don't feel bad when you see a slave flogged, beheaded, and titled something besides "Hope's Dream, --- , Wandering Flower". It's for their own good.
  • Everything I do, I do because I hate you all.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • edited September 2012

• Sherazad said:
    We actually love our slaves that's why we make them suffer. It's for their own good. Shera was originally a cuddly sort of char, she just channeled a different way of showing her affections in Mhaldor.

As for family, Vasool and Vadi are Xanatovs but I think Shera's from Mayapple's side. As much as I want to have more evil Xanatovs, Shera's keeping her dormant mommy's last name.
    Yep, Vasool and Vadi haven't really been around lately though. 

• To keep on topic, loved your go at a sermon, Vigo.

@Katzchen Vasool was my main for a long time, but eventually I got burned out on Achaea. I quit for a few RL years. Recently, I logged back in and started reading the old Maldaathi news that came during my dormancy and @Xenomorph's RP from the news posts just blew me away. It reminded me of everything I loved about playing Achaea, and lit a new fire. So, I rolled a new alt, new city, new philosophies and started again.

I could have got back into Vas, but I wanted to experience something different. I'm liking the new direction so far. Someday I'll pick up Vas again, but in the meantime, I'm throwing my lot in with you guys. I love the RP coming out of Mhaldor from what little I can glean.

Sorry for the derail Vigo, did I mention I loved your sermon?
  • @Vasool I understand, did the exact same thing making Katz, only nobody really knew my alt, I was dormant for so long, and not really very driven when I did play her.

Vasool is pretty epic whoever he plays as. That said, I wish I can see a real newb develop into an Evil character, I mean, the transition would be amazing. 

Shera started going into Mhaldor but wasn't typically Mhaldorian. She didn't really have any connections so she started as no one significant. I think what made it easier to embrace Evil is that she chose something with solid beliefs and left her alt-ish, carefree lifestyle.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited September 2012

Sherazad said:
    Vasool is pretty epic whoever he plays as. That said, I wish I can see a real newb develop into an Evil character, I mean, the transition would be amazing. 

Shera started going into Mhaldor but wasn't typically Mhaldorian. She didn't really have any connections so she started as no one significant. I think what made it easier to embrace Evil is that she chose something with solid beliefs and left her alt-ish, carefree lifestyle.
      Katz started off a Hashani merchant bard, who was a dedicated non combatant who couldn't dream of hurting anyone, a bookworm with an irritating know it all attitude, a lot of snarky humour, and a heavy dose of flirty charm. She also had a taste for writing terrible love poems.

Biiig change to the dedicated Maldaathi Knight she is now. And it was mostly driven by her experiences, I had fun seeing where things lead. Yes, that's a lot of change from 18 to 34, but I play way too much. :P

I think her history is public, if you want to read it. I need to update with what's happened since she joined Mhaldor, I should be able to gather up enough to fill another chapter by now.

I wasn't a 'real newb' to achaea, but I'd been out of playing it for about 6 years, and hadn't been all that serious before that. Plus I was 15-17 then. So, newb enough I reckon. 

• @Hhaos remember when she was an 18 year old pauper, and you tried to talk her into going infernal, and I said I couldn't be that evil. Lol.

@Katzchen: Yeah, your development was pretty awesome considering your origins. xD I wish Tvistor was around to know her Maldaathi aunt? more.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Jiraishin said:
    Dracotalus, Coldraven, Lichlord, and Vastel were the original Mhaldorian families. Pretty sure there are one or two more Mhaldorian surnames that came later, but I can't remember them right now. Also, I'm not sure but I think De Soulis is Shayatin-specific.

Aristata. NEVER forget the Aristata family. :)
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π