If you could delete one skill, what would it be?

13»

Comments

• I would remove absolve/cath and other % based instas.
  • Mind-reading skills by Monks or Priests. It can make social situations uncomfortable or downright creepy.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    The only mind-reading ability that bothers me is monk. I am quite fine with everything else since you have reasonable ways of ensuring your privacy. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Retardation, don't remove it, make it take effort to keep alive. Or stop all LoS into ret. Yes you dragomstream. 
  • Pit of Golgotha
  • Telepathy in areas with no natural exits (event areas)
    Aeon in teams
    "Common" talismans with unique, non flavour abilities tied to them
  • Dragonform
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Peak said:
    Dragonform
    If that ain't me.

Until a week ago.
  • I am almost never in favor of deleting a skill.

skills that are imbalanced should be adjusted, not deleted.

in Imperian, we adjusted or downright removed a lot of the big offenders that are listed in this thread..

aeon, retardation, cataclysm etc and i feel the game suffered because we homogenized and everything came down to pure numbers over tactics and team composition.

part of the reason I play IRE over other games is because how powerful and game changing certain abilities are in certain situations. I like that CC roles can be in higher demand than pure DPS and vital to winning a fight. I like how not everything boils down into giant melees.

but in keeping with the spirit of the thread, I'd delete the conjuration skill knife sigils.
    spread positivity
  • Vender said:
    I am almost never in favor of deleting a skill.

in Imperian, we adjusted or downright removed a lot of the big offenders that are listed in this thread..

aeon, retardation, cataclysm etc and i feel the game suffered because we homogenized and everything came down to pure numbers over tactics and team composition.

part of the reason I play IRE over other games is because how powerful and game changing certain abilities are in certain situations. I like that CC roles can be in higher demand than pure DPS and vital to winning a fight. I like how not everything boils down into giant melees.

but in keeping with the spirit of the thread, I'd delete the conjuration skill knife sigils.

I played Aetolia briefly where it seems like every fight is just a direct melee rush and that was exactly my reaction. It felt really lacking and I'd get really bored if combat was overly simplified.
  • Farrah said:
    I played Aetolia briefly where it seems like every fight is just a direct melee rush and that was exactly my reaction. It felt really lacking and I'd get really bored if combat was overly simplified.
    If only that was the only reason Aetolia combat sucks. :tired_face:
  • Vender said:
    I am almost never in favor of deleting a skill.

Imperian and Aetolia both suffer from a combat environment where the majority of their professions are factional. As such, they're almost impossible to fucking balance because skills like retardation and cataclysm are hellishly hard to balance when they're faction-locked. 
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Or buckawns. Either way.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten