What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Sobriquet said:
    Holy fuck balls is all I can say to that shit. 

I can can see a market for Achaea branded catheters though.
    He was out of work / college and didn't have anything better to do. 

(Well, really, that's not true - there's lots better to do than play achaea for 216 hours over a two week period - which is why he no longer plays achaea and is a much healthier, happier individual)

He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Atalkez said:
    It took me more than 2 years to even get level 80, smh
    Born: Achaean date 7 Ero, year 448 at midnight would be 4/25/2007 at 19:00

Got Dragon: Real world 12/6/2015 at 0 hours would be 16th of Daedalan, year 700

8.5 years.

He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Born: Achaean date 17 Valnuary, year 409 at midnight would be 12/25/2005 at 18:00

Dragon: September, 2015 based off of forums post. 

Almost 10 years. :O

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I got dragon at character age 49 which, at the time, was pretty fast. You youngsters don't know what it's like to struggle, uphill both ways in the snow, getting up before going to bed...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Xaden said:
    Atalkez said:
    It took me more than 2 years to even get level 80, smh
    Born: Achaean date 7 Ero, year 448 at midnight would be 4/25/2007 at 19:00

Got Dragon: Real world 12/6/2015 at 0 hours would be 16th of Daedalan, year 700

8.5 years.

Except that’s from dormancy. I was playing pretty much every day lol

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Not sure when I got Dragon, some time around 2007 I think, and I started around 2004.  #101, I remember that because I missed being number 100 by a few hours. Might be something in the Gare clan? I do remember Clem did my Dragon ceremony at the theatre in Delos and it was pre dragoncraft by quite a bit. #lolatdragonjesterwithobliterate

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I probably still wouldn’t be a dragon if it wasn’t for Rageblade introduction.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Xaden said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Holy fuck balls is all I can say to that shit. 

I can can see a market for Achaea branded catheters though.
    He was out of work / college and didn't have anything better to do. 

(Well, really, that's not true - there's lots better to do than play achaea for 216 hours over a two week period - which is why he no longer plays achaea and is a much healthier, happier individual)

Heaven forbid we go outside D:
  • Sobriquet said:
    Not sure when I got Dragon, some time around 2007 I think, and I started around 2004.  #101, I remember that because I missed being number 100 by a few hours. Might be something in the Gare clan? I do remember Clem did my Dragon ceremony at the theatre in Delos and it was pre dragoncraft by quite a bit. #lolatdragonjesterwithobliterate

Yeah Dragon Jester was ridiculous! You and Manu were unkillable and that was with my Dragon Monk web/axk
  • how the hell do you find Cyrene without portals
    WALK TO CYRENE
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    I shouldn't be nervous to ask questions but do I lose newbie channel even though I never spoke on it cause asking on city talking is still being figured out and even if I do can I work up the courage to talk oh lordy. Still very fun so far.
    You have access to NEWBIE through level 30.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Come and be a part of it, Halos.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    gross  

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • You already have your breath summoned, Wyrm.
    You rip into Ulgase, the lich crone with your massive, deadly claws.
    You have scored a WORLD-SHATTERING CRITICAL hit!
    Ulgase, the lich crone says, "No, what have you done?! I cannot die! My master will avenge me."
    You have slain Ulgase, the lich crone, retrieving the corpse.
    A chipped tangerine shard appears and clatters to the ground.
    A large pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.
    You have completed the Undead Genocide resolution! Congratulations!
    You just received message #2729 from Achaea.
    You just received a group of 10 mementoes!

Never again. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Undead resolution is the easiest, I've done it every RL month since about March

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited November 2017
    meh nevermind
  • Litania said:
    Eh nevermind
    Stories like this don't help anything, and create a battle between one person/group and another. If someone is causing you grief the best thing is to completely stop interactions and either talk to someone else or just take a breather and wait it out. As someone who antagonizes themselves daily over what you spoke of before, simply continuing the negative interaction is going to impact you far worse than anything else. Sometimes having a bad day and hoping someone else will be extra comforting won't happen, and it just exasperates the situation.

You've already edited the post, so I'll leave all the information out that was involved, but I'll give advice from someone who is struggling from such a dark place: Try to get help as best you can, don't look at it as a crutch to get sympathy, because many a time people are going through similar things and aren't going to stop and try to take on your situation as well as theirs. Friends and family are going to help, but you have to calm down and re-evaluate as best you can. I can give a lot more advice but it best to toss me an inbox to speak about it private.

• Since you want to address this topic: I am basically brand new to this game. I just play some newbs, starting being active again to spin the wheel. Saying I should advocate for myself is bullshit - for context, I tried to join Mhaldor (on another newb). I'm not having the best day. It turned into Aegoth basically trying to incite suicide. I have no history or reputation in this game - you guys can decide how you want your communities run, but I personally find suicidal encouragement pretty lame.  I'm not looking for a crutch or sympathy. I know nobody here. 
  • edited November 2017
    To preface: I'm not telling you that you should go away or anything.

The best advice anybody can give a new player would be to stay the fuck away from forums / OOC clans, and just play the game how you want to play it. No matter what you do, you're probably going to annoy somebody in some way or another, anyway.
  • Good advice, I'll take it in the next game I play. :)
  • Yep, that'd be my alt. Unhinged, great to know.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    From my understanding, you went directly to OOC tells (with no marks to indicate so) with Aegoth, while he remained IC the entire time, starting off with "man fuck this" and went on to complain about the IC conversation you had with Taryius regarding joining Mhaldor (re: he cannot induct you, because you have to talk to the Ambassador. Mechanics from him being in leadership give him the command to induct you, but it's not his job or even something he's ever done.)

I'm sorry whatever in your real life is painful and you are struggling, but whether a "newb" or not (the character is older than mine is, even,  but I understand a long time away can render you basically as a newbie), you have to follow the process each city sets out for people to join. If you wanted to join the city instantly to start playing, it would have been better to make a newbie, as you could have joined the city out of the tutorial (which would have been helpful in teaching you to play again). Once you learned enough, you could continue on that newbie, or go back to the older character and start picking out what you want to do on them, instead.

It seems you're resolved to quit Achaea nonetheless, but should you ever choose to return, I hope this helps somewhat.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby