Mechanical Boxes

Can we either make these at least somewhat decent, or remove them altogether?

Sorry but 4 ginseng, even on a free spin, is absolute garbage. The box I got just now was a 2/1 box, that didn't even give me anything except a "consolation" message.

I'd rather not even get a free spin, than get a "dead" spin like these boxes turn into. 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.

Comments

• I know devs/admin aren't keen on releasing statistics, but can you please at least show us there's a chance anyone has even won anything major out of these? Cuz right now everyone seems to agree from the last promo to this one, it's a shitty thing to gain and no one has ever seen anyone else actually win anything pointed on the dials. :/
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Or at least let us trade 'em in for 66% tradein value :innocent:

Huh. Neat.
  • Kythra said:
    I know devs/admin aren't keen on releasing statistics, but can you please at least show us there's a chance anyone has even won anything major out of these? Cuz right now everyone seems to agree from the last promo to this one, it's a shitty thing to gain and no one has ever seen anyone else actually win anything pointed on the dials. :/
    I did manage to line up 3 cookie jars (or something like that) and got a globe talisman piece out of it, so it is possible to get something decent. Issue is that the chances of that seem to be so damn small, it may as well be negligible.

• I got the 2-1 like Atalkez and got a consolation "go fk yourself" from the box, and nothing else. Kinda frustrating when sometimes I have to really postpone RL things to hit the hour per day and that's what I get.
  • On the flip side, this is free. The only cost is remembering to log in and going AFK on a ship for an 1hr

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    On the flip side, this is free. The only cost is remembering to log in and going AFK on a ship for an 1hr
    The mechanical boxes also sell for 25 credits in Delos. Do the free ones from the wheel need to be better? Probably not. It would be nice, but not essential. The ones you're actually paying credits for definitely need to be better though.
  • Agreed

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Antonius said:
    Sobriquet said:
    On the flip side, this is free. The only cost is remembering to log in and going AFK on a ship for an 1hr
    The mechanical boxes also sell for 25 credits in Delos. Do the free ones from the wheel need to be better? Probably not. It would be nice, but not essential. The ones you're actually paying credits for definitely need to be better though.
    The boxes in Delos are the same as the wheel ones.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Antonius said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Yes, thank you, I know. They don't HAVE to be though.
  • Oh no! I just got another mechanical box, and what do you know, another fail!
  • Ahmet said:
    Antonius said:
    Sobriquet said:
    I bought one once to see what they were/did before this promotion.

I noped right out of ever buying another.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• I'd rather the boxes just be removed. I'd take critical hits, xp, and pretty much anything else over them.
  • So far I have gotten 3 mechanical boxes where always two items matched. Apparently there is a consolation prize if that happens a fourth time. I'll post what it is here once I get it.
  • Dominius said:
    So far I have gotten 3 mechanical boxes where always two items matched. Apparently there is a consolation prize if that happens a fourth time. I'll post what it is here once I get it.
    If you match two symbols, you get a quarter box. Once you get four quarter boxes, you get... another mechanical box!
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    free spin box
    As you spin the dial on the front of a mechanical box, the sound of clockwork gears emanate from within...
    The dial comes to rest, arrow pointing at a platinum whistle!
    The box now shows 3 platinum whistles!
    With a satisfying click, a mechanical box fades away, leaving a talisman piece behind.
    You have been awarded with backpack thread talisman piece!

okay

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • I was curious. I've bought out the boxes in the ARtifact shop twice (at least 250 credits worth) and had several boxes from the wheel so far.

I got a talisman piece ONCE. It was Bait bucket Bottom which I sold to someone for like 30 credits.

They are absolute garbage.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    You may as well swop the boxes out for mementoes. just sayin :/

• Just got my first one of these. They're shit. 
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.