Coming back and activity

I have been trying to come back to the game after a few years of dormacy. I have tried some alts and read up alot on forums, so Im somewhat up to date on combat and classes. I used to PK alot and thats what I want to start again. I will not be able to put in more than around 10 hours a week (family, work etc) and live in europe. Is it possible to get into PK with that little time per week? It seems from logs that most raids are when its night here in europe. Is there any city that is active around 18-22 GMT? From what I've seen so far its far less activity than I remeber. The classes I'm interested in are alchemist, shaman, depthswalker or occultist but I can also consider other classes if you guys have better suggestions! I have around 5k credits, and will start a new character.

Comments

• Absolutely get into PK. Lots of us in Europe do so and the level you want to participate is totally up to you. With Mark, Dauntless, bounties it gives you a lot of options. Raids too for most cities (Cyrene not do much, Hashan less than Targ / Mhaldor).

lots of options open to you. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Tried Mhaldor and Targossas and will check out Hashan and the Shaman class next. Mhaldor was almost empty and quiet while Targossas had more people online but still very quiet, I guess people are using other channels than hnt/ct.
  • Mhaldor city channel is intentionally quiet, but once you get known and chat to people the place opens up for you.

Hashan will seem a lot chattier but in reality is probably the "quieter" city as we do less structured rp things (Raiding, murdering for losing to Vika in a rampage, Sarapin  in sacrifices etc)

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Targossas is generally quiet while uncitizened but once you join, it opens up big time! I'm sure that's almost everywhere though--/say is generally used for more roleplay options, where there are plenty, but long conversation is led on ct.
  • edited November 2017
    Don’t listen to the forums. Pick the city you like the most based solely on what you can find out in game. Literally all the cities and village are not the picture painted on the forums. In order to understand where you are in the game, you have to just be there. If you find the class/city/house shit you want to try, try it. If you like the flavor, keep at it for a few days. If you don’t like it, figure out what to tweak.

Dont expect to play in a city for a couple hours and make a judgment on it. Stay there and experience it for a couple days. I can speak to Targossas for an example:

I’m a teacher and work M-F, 8-4 EST, and don’t even log in every night. No matter when I log in, I can find stuff to do and enjoy. I can literally always find RP if I’m willing to initiate it. And as for PK, I guess I’m lucky. There’s always at least one person who’s bored and willing to be like “hey let’s go poke something,” even if it means we’d get roller stomped. A lot of Targ fighting is one or two people going off and doing it. Once death sight gets lit up either way, people are like HOLY SHIT YEA LETS GET IN ON THAT FOR THE BLOODSWOOTRRNNNNNN.

Sometimes I stay up until 3am on the weekends and play with a slightly different crew. It’s a mix of people who are getting ready to jet or just starting to play for the day. On days I have off and play 8-4, there’s a crew that’s consistent and really, amazingly welcoming.

I like Targ because of this. If I poke someone, they will react in kind. Both for RP and PK.

Edit: and don’t listen to me because obviously I am also just another forums lurker who only advocates for my side fk u Mhaldor
  • Pick the city you like the most
    Very this. All cities have a decent amount of people, and all cities have kind of "ghost town" times, when the few people who are around aren't talking on CT. And give it some time, cause once I made an alt in another city and I didn't really like it at first, but it grew on me and now I really enjoy it. Sometimes a city can be quiet until you make some friends / people get to know you, and the conversation starts flowing. I've had that happen.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Edit: and don’t listen to me because obviously I am also just another forums lurker who only advocates for my side fk u Mhaldor
    I thought we were friends.  :'(
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    I thought we were friends.  :'(
    No u
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby