The Music Thread

Comments

• edited November 2017
    Was linked this song a few weeks ago, and have been trying to find it again since. So catchy <3

•       

• +1 for sampling Simon Says

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• goes well with this room

Intimate terrace overlooking the river.
    The sun shines down warmly from the cloudless sky, standing at the apex of its arc through the heavens. Pleasant breezes drift constantly across this quiet terrace, which affords a sweeping view  of the Silverveil River. A low wall surrounds the entire rooftop, wide enough to sit upon; along all  sides except that facing the water stand potted palms and fragrant jasmine trees which ensure the  privacy of any guests dining here. At the east corner, an iron staircase spirals downward,  descending to the main room of the restaurant. Samel quietly stands nearby, ready to serve. A runic  totem is planted solidly in the ground. Hanging upon the wall is a menu framed in silver filigree. A  phantom spider lurks in the shadows, the outline of its hulking frame scarcely discernible. Candles flicker upon a romantic table for two.
    You see a single exit leading down.

spread positivity
  • KriemhildeKriemhilde California, US

just the same as every face; another hole in the human race
  •                    
  • Alyxeri said:

Says I can only Awesome it once. I CALL BULLSHIT

• Caelan said:
    Alyxeri said:

It's a great PK song.
  • Alyxeri said:
    Caelan said:
    Alyxeri said:

It's a great PK song.
    I definitely came to FFDP late.  They arrived around the same time as shittier bands like Avenged Sevenfold that just made me hate rock for a while.   But when they re-did Bad Company and it got on the radio, I really started liking them.   Bad Company, by Bad Company, off the Bad Company album is one of my favorite songs of all time and they did it 'el husticio'

• edited November 2017

As an options seller, this song Only Time/Theta is so beautiful  :'(

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • edited November 2017

https://genius.com/374794

in an ironic way, gets me pumped about playing a god-fearing crusader 
    spread positivity
  • edited November 2017

big bank take lil bank, anything goes. legal or illegal, however you make your cash flow
    spread positivity
    edited November 2017

Oh hell yes, spooky rap is cool 

I've had a great time collaborating with this guy. He's pretty cool. 
  • edited November 2017
    Shirszae said:

Super belated find on my part, but this has long been one of my favourite songs!

Here's how I would translate the lyrics:

Quasimodo (hunchback, bellringer, Frollo's foster son):

Beautiful is a word that seems to have been invented for her.
    When she puts her body on display like a bird spreading its wings to fly,
    then I can feel the maw of hell opening under my feet.

I've cast my eyes under her gypsy dress, what use do I have now to pray to Our Lady?
    Whoever throws the first stone at her, this one does not deserve to walk this earth.
    Oh, Lucifer, please let me, even only once, slide my fingers into the hair of Esmeralda.

Frollo (archdeacon of Notre Dame):

Beautiful! Did the devil made itself flesh inside of her? To turn my eyes away from our Eternal Lord?
    Did he put this carnal desire inside of my being to prevent me from gazing upon the heavens?

She carries inside her the Original sin, does desiring her make me a criminal?
    She, whom we took for a whore, the cheapest of girls, suddenly seems to carry the cross of mankind.
    Oh, Our Lady, please let me, even only once, push the gates of the garden of Esmeralda.

Phoebus (captain of the guards, Esmeralda's love interest, engaged to Fleur-de-Lys):

Beautiful, despite these big, black, bewitching eyes, would the lady still be a maiden?
    When her movements make me see mounts (implied mons) and marvels under her rainbow-coloured skirt,

my beloved allow me to be unfaithful before even taking you to the altar.
    Whichever man would avert its gaze from her by fear of being turned into a salt statue?
    Oh, Fleur-de-Lys, I am not a man of faith. I will go pick the love flower of Esmeralda.

Quasimodo, Frollo, Phoebus:

I've cast my eyes under her gypsy dress, what use do I have now to pray to Our Lady?
    Whoever throws the first stone at her, this one does not deserve to walk this earth.
    Oh, Lucifer, please let me, even only once, slide my fingers into the hair of Esmeralda.

This is pretty powerful as well 

• Erry time I go on a ship.

• Relevant to current events.

• been feelin' this lately

spread positivity

• How it feels when you have a dozen dragons roaming across the Dardanic plains.

• I don't like many instrumental songs, but I think I just added another to the list.

edited December 2017

aggrotech is fun 
  • Water elementals represent

spread positivity
  • edited December 2017
    parental discretion advised

spread positivity
  • edited December 2017
    Got shown this, love it. Maynard is truly great.

• been fighting too many air lords

spread positivity
  • edited February 2018
    This man truly has a great voice <3 even if the video itself is kinda creepy.

eta: Another amazing song by them. Alan Wake is still the best 'horror' game I've played by far. <3

• Probably one of my favourite songs.
  •