GUI showoff thread #3

I like showing off, and my ui is so malleable I need a video:

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Comments

• How..?
  • Dairon said:
    How..?
    He wrote/is writing his own client.

• There's something in that big black void on the left on my Paladin profile, but I haven't decided what to put there on my Depthswalker one yet.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Aralaya said:

There's something in that big black void on the left on my Paladin profile, but I haven't decided what to put there on my Depthswalker one yet.

What I have in generally the same space. health and mana are just set off assess/contemplate and updated on moss eats as well. The rest is just aff %s and whether or not I have shadow. 
  • @Kogan
    percents requires an aff tracker.
    I tried to make one of those.
    I am now even closer to insanity, no fuckin thank you :(

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    That one is really elegant and pretty

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited October 2017
    Aralaya said:
    @Kogan
    percents requires an aff tracker.
    I tried to make one of those.
    I am now even closer to insanity, no fuckin thank you :(
    Well madness and retribution are easy ones. You know when you give them. And there is a 3rd person line when both are cured. So they're either 100% or 0%.

^(\w+) gives a sigh of relief\.$ <- retribution cured

^Lucidity returns to the eyes of (\w+)\.$ <- madness cured.

So if these happen between prompts where they eat plumbum or cuprum/tree you know its 0%. If you know they have it and you don't see those. You know its 100%. Alternatively if you don't care for tracking then these are still solid highlights to throw in.
  • Top left is for my pet so it doesn't spam my chat. Catches enters/exits, says to pet, & emotes to pet. Below that you have what I shared earlier, my current targets, and which of those targets are in my room currently. Chatbox at bottom. Map with a few buttons for quick travels/zoom buttons to get around it being within a container. And then the mp3 stuff Ive been working on under that. Still some space to use in bottom right I haven't decided on yet, along with me being able to move things around to create a little more on the left side.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    TIL you can use who <dir> to see past icewalls.  :o

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    TIL you can use who <dir> to see past icewalls.  :o
    Given the reason it was implemented, that's probably not supposed to be the case.
  • Tysandr's thing is super cool, but I couldn't pay attention with the blatant use of Mac Chrome distracting me! :P

• Kayle said:
    Finally got around to learning Geyser. And because of that I redid my whole UI. Spent about two days on it between all the coding from
    The misalignment on your ranks column is really triggering.
  • Give your Mudlet buttons a nicer look with setAppStyleSheet()
  • With a lot of help from the forums I have this GUI going. Apart from the YATCO chat panel I wrote everything myself (and even that panel uses my gmcp router rather than the triggers that it came with).

Left side is balance and rage trackers. The room miniconsole highlights my target and cycles through the targets on a hotkey:

Next on my GUI scripting agenda is animated timers on the balance and rage labels. The gauges have this nasty habit of displaying as full when their current value is zero which is getting in my way. I still have some space to work with, I think a limb counter, defense tracker, and target humour/affliction tracker will fill the emptiness when they're finished. I'd also like to find space for a calendar/clock widget somewhere and maybe an experience bar.

I also need to write up some of my own combat scripts and wean myself of the kconfig basher

can the text entry bar be moved? It is tempting to put the entry field where my vitals bars are, and my vitals gauges beneath it.

• AHHHHHH SINGLE PROMPT.
  • Hideous.
  • Single prompt is horrible and if you like it then you are horrible too.
  • Who would willingly use single prompt

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • ouch, right in the heart

• Don't let the people that are being assholes discourage you from continuing to learn and master your craft. Good job, buddy.
  • You're very thin-skinned if you consider people assholes just because they express a dislike of single prompt.

There's a number of good reasons not to use it, and like... No good reason to use it.
  • The thin-skinned bit is ironic. I wasn't actually talking about you.
  • I use single prompt.  I think I'm pretty good.  Having to read every other line would give me an aneurysm.  I also display the single prompt in a place i watch and also have additional UI elements to display its contents easier than trying to read the prompt.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Torinn said:
    Having to read every other line would give me an aneurysm. 
    Causality has been difficult to prove thus far.

Reaction GIF contemplating
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Maybe this is not the right thread, but the opinions are so strong that I feel I need to know. What are these reasons, why is single prompt so bad?

I do just about anything I can to slow down the scrolling to minimize my chances of missing something important. The balance and rage indicators and the chat panel were also part of that effort, to get as much noise out of the scroll window as I could. I suppose I could ditch the prompt completely now that I have the vitals gauges and balance labels, but I got so used to seeing it.

• Most people like normal prompt to see changes in health/mana/etc in numbers, and for timestamps. It also makes looking over logs MUCH easier because we can see that these X lines came in simultaneously (between prompts) or for determining specifics about a certain section of a fight, between two timestamps for instance.