What happened to Mhaldor?

Comments

• The only reason Manu or Rameus wouldn't have done the exact same thing here is because they wouldn't get a full doll/puppet to grief you with later. 

Nobody needs to prove themselves by killing you in a style you prefer, not to mention artied veiled serpents can avoid death almost forever if they don't feel like fighting.
  • I hear Cyrene is nice this time of year
  • Alrena is one of the top-most Apostate fighters in Achaea. She reads people well from her experience as a combatant. She knows that an artied-veil serpent with little history of combat is probably gonna run and evade like crazy. Any CL given that assessment knows it is better off getting guards on someone with that particular style than chase them all over the city.

That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • The most pressing question; why does Tiamat even think he's relevant to modern Achaea?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Git rekt, @Tiamat. Thanks for giving me something to laugh about. Helped my headache go away.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I think it was handled pretty fittingly. You essentially walked up to the a leader of Mhaldor and conveyed how unworthy you think they are, in an attempt to goad them into a fight. In return, they cleverly conveyed how unworthy they think you are by just gesturing and having you dispatched, as if you were not worth the time nor effort to bother with themselves.

Maybe this was a case of confusing "old Mhaldor" for "old Maldaathi" instead, which doesn't really have any bearing in regards to expectations in such times.

• edited October 2017
    Tiamat already admitted to playing drunk, so lol to him. I haven't been playing and that's because my brain has gone back to nutso futso so I don't want to ruin Minifie by jumping all over the place because I'm using the game to give myself value. Playing drunk is... Yeah... I'd rather stay to drunk cuphead thanks :D.

However, stop with the "good old days" shenanigans. For anything "Good" you can remember, I can give you something equally bad. Games evolve, and as they evolve they bring new things, good and bad, but they bring EXPLORATION and ADVENTURE as well. Rose tinted goggles are fine for story time, but not for actually making logical decisions on how to improve a game. 

• I had to.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Your signature is broken, what do you even know?
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Who doesn't disable forum signatures? That's like mandatory step 2 after signing up. It's 2017
  • Sidonia said:
    Who doesn't disable forum signatures? That's like mandatory step 2 after signing up. It's 2017
    I leave them enabled, but strip images from them.
  • edited October 2017
    Kiet said:
    I, uh... Alrena can probably beat most people 1on1 in the first place. Keorin's right that she's a terrible example to use for that.
    Im going to have to play devil's advocate here and ask: Why didnt she then? It would have been far more interesting and illustrated the point far better.

And lets not say it is 'because she wasn't bothered'. In my entire achaean experience, that excuse has been tossed around like candy at halloween, just to try and get out of conflict. Not stating she couldnt, but simply it is a poor excuse to use.

Ive never been a fan of declaring someone an enemy on the spot just to have them instantly killed. A personal opinion. It all just seems like such a wasted opportunity for a far better interaction.

Carry on though
  • edited October 2017
    If you are top dog, why bother getting your hands dirty? If you go poke shit at a mafia don he's not going to kill you himself. He'll just have his lackies do it.
  • Asmodron said:

Im going to have to play devil's advocate here and ask: Why didnt she then? It would have been far more interesting and illustrated the point far better.
    No, it doesn't do that at all.

When you take some pissant dollar-store thug seriously enough to accept an idiotic challenge like that, you're granting them respect above their station by acknowledging them as worthy of your attention.

The proper response is to either slap them out of the way with guards or to just utterly ignore them, because that kind of scum is beneath your notice.
  • Asmodron said:
    Kiet said:
    I, uh... Alrena can probably beat most people 1on1 in the first place. Keorin's right that she's a terrible example to use for that.

And lets not say it is 'because she wasn't bothered'. In my entire achaean experience, that excuse has been tossed around like candy at halloween, just to try and get out of conflict. Not stating she couldnt, but simply it is a poor excuse to use.

Ive never been a fan of declaring someone an enemy on the spot just to have them instantly killed. A personal opinion. It all just seems like such a wasted opportunity for a far better interaction.

Carry on though
    If Alrena wants to suffocate a scrub under her boot she'll do it. She didn't want to this time, and still crushed the wretched worm. It's definitely the option I would have picked too, since Tiamat could follow it up and feel her full force out of the city and then run when he gets crushed.
  • Except that it is Mhaldor, not a common shop, not a mafia family (close I admit). Mhaldor prides itself on discipline and strength, and the idea of disciplining a loud mouth (who was apparently a disgrace to her family?) seemed more appropriate for their culture rather than pressing a button. Im simply saying I can see what people mean by it not seeming very mhaldor-esque.

Some stated that Tiamat would have evaded/ran. Frankly the moment he did is when I would expect the enemying. Him having ran from the challenge he began, with a high ranking member no less, seems like a far better reason to enemy rather than "He called me weak and I demonstrated I am not by ordering guards" (not insulting, just summarising what happened).

Again it feels like such a wasted opportunity for something better coming from Mhaldor.
  • You spend all your life earning rank/privilege by working hard > someone recently unenemied comes to be a loudmouth and obnoxious > bad to use the rank and privilege you've earned to get rid of a pest? 

I'm not sure what it is you want, unless you mean every Mhaldorian should always want to get their hands dirty. In which case- you've never played in Mhaldor, have you? 
  • edited October 2017
    Reyson said:
    You spend all your life earning rank/privilege by working hard > someone recently unenemied comes to be a loudmouth and obnoxious > bad to use the rank and privilege you've earned to get rid of a pest? 

I'm not sure what it is you want, unless you mean every Mhaldorian should always want to get their hands dirty. In which case- you've never played in Mhaldor, have you? 
    This seems to have struck something with you. My point was that in my opinion I'd have expected something far more interesting from a disgraced lichlord appearing before another and claiming they dont deserve to wear their sigil, as well as claiming they are weak. An accusation of weakness is a far stronger concept to consider in mhaldor, a city that prides itself on dispelling weakness from the body. Pressing a button and ordering guards to kill is, again in my opinion, such a wasted opportunity, especially since apparently she is very skilled at combat.

You can take it as you wish but since it seems it is being received as a personal attack, I will simply restate it isnt.

Edit: fixed spelling
  • I'm not offended, in the least. I just don't really understand the argument you're trying to make. 

You seem to mistake pride with answering everything someone you very much consider a non-entity in personal fashion. I don't think Tiamat commands a lot of respect in Alrena's eyes, and just like you won't fistfight everyone who says something rude in the real world, why would you bother with someone who's opinion really doesn't matter, in Achaea? 

I don't really get what 'opportunity' is wasted. Tiamat's gonna come around and be polite and deferential? As a person who regularly pvp's, I can tell you that 99% of the time, the only interaction you'll get from someone by pking them is some OOC tell about how your class is broken or something. This idea that if you kill someone, magically, they're going to think you're super great and get involved with you is bizarrely, phenomenally misguided. 

To whit: how many times have you been killed, personally, by someone you were insulting a moment before, that then turned into meaningful, ongoing interaction? Or with you in the killing role, let's count them both as the same thing. 
  • My only problem with the instant enemy / guard smash is that you only get to do it to that person once :(
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Asmodron said:
    Except that it is Mhaldor, not a common shop, not a mafia family (close I admit). Mhaldor prides itself on discipline and strength, and the idea of disciplining a loud mouth (who was apparently a disgrace to her family?) seemed more appropriate for their culture rather than pressing a button. Im simply saying I can see what people mean by it not seeming very mhaldor-esque.

Some stated that Tiamat would have evaded/ran. Frankly the moment he did is when I would expect the enemying. Him having ran from the challenge he began, with a high ranking member no less, seems like a far better reason to enemy rather than "He called me weak and I demonstrated I am not by ordering guards" (not insulting, just summarising what happened).

Again it feels like such a wasted opportunity for something better coming from Mhaldor.
    She's proven herself, Tiamat may have been given the okay to leave, but he is still beneath his Citizens. She did not want his filth on her, so let the common warriors of the Isle take out the trash. It's Mhaldorian Evil, every way you cut it. You have to separate "evil" from "Mhaldorian Evil". Alrena had nothing to gain from this, She has proven her strength to the city. 

Besides, Tiamat got double cucked by evil: He was embarrassed and shown to be so weak that even the common infantry of the city crushed him. I understand being devil's advocate, I do it a lot, but in this case Alrena has done Mhaldor evil incredibly well.
  • CenCen
    edited October 2017
    Reyson said:

To whit: how many times have you been killed, personally, by someone you were insulting a moment before, that then turned into meaningful, ongoing interaction? Or with you in the killing role, let's count them both as the same thing. 
    Literally all the time. I've made so many interesting friends by dying at their feet. I think it's a mistake to think that PK can't be a part of meaningful relationships or storylines. However, it does require a relentless positivity in the face of death that seems to be missing in this case.
  • edited October 2017
    Asmodron said:
    Except that it is Mhaldor, not a common shop, not a mafia family (close I admit). Mhaldor prides itself on discipline and strength, and the idea of disciplining a loud mouth (who was apparently a disgrace to her family?) seemed more appropriate for their culture rather than pressing a button. Im simply saying I can see what people mean by it not seeming very mhaldor-esque.
    But the best real-world equivalent to Discipline And Strength All Day Every Day is an intensely militaristic society, and those societies tend to give the state a death-grip on the monopoly of violence. Do you think Caesar or Pol Pot or Mussolini fought off every person who dared speak to them in a disrespectful manner one-on-one in an honorable fight? Or do you think they had their subordinates take care of the problem for them?

tl;dr

• Why is this even being brought up again? It was hilarious and that should be all the justification we need.
This discussion has been closed.