Combat Logs

Comments

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Miriew makes a strangled meowing noise and quickly shuts up, blushing.
    You make a strangled meowing noise and quickly shut up in embarrassment.
    Really?? In the middle of combat?

You Eleusians have taken this "catgirls" business too far.
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/wbGgNIQY

This is what I deal with on a daily basis. Sigh.

• https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/OKj3hrlR

Fight between Vender and I. I realize I am really messy with some things. The blind loop was svo not having blind in a def group I was running. I got that fixed already.

Any tips or ideas would be wonderful.
  • edited October 2017
    Armali said:
    1) If they're not parrying head (as common sense dictates), one or two prec hits to the head after you've gotten some fractures everywhere will seriously set them behind.

2) Mages basically can ignore clumsiness, doesn't hurt them at all. Lethargy is more of a killer. If you want to slow him down, I'd suggest trying to upkeep at least one arm fracture on him at all times. You don't need to go ham on him like you did towards the end, since arm fractures do really little on their own to progress your offense, they just hinder. Just being able to upkeep the affliction is good enough.

3) At one point, you devastate arms with 1 arm fracture. That's a really bizarre thing to do, and would need explanation.

4) Devastate isn't affected by stance, so you should not stance and burn your battlefury like you did. This is especially important for leg devastates, because you need your battlefury for upset, to prone them. 

5) Very little point applying curare on a devastate. Should apply an ep venom, like epseth or epteth (obviously the opposite of the limbs you're devastating).

6) You need to put stand/recover footing in front of all your relevant offensive actions. Furthermore, you can use recover footing off balance as long as your balance usage was a Weaponmastery attack. Not doing this screwed you over on your first leg devastate.

7) After your first leg devastate and the failed impale/disembowel, you try to devastate arms again. Why?

8) At another point, you devastate with only 2 leg fractures. Got to be more on point with that.

9) I don't see any limb counters on your prompt, but it's possible you moved it to another point of your GUI. Nonetheless, you should start practicing limb counting in 2h. It's what elevates the class.

3) I was trying to slow him down, been awhile since I fought a magi. I thought broken arms stopped their attacks. The dev did give me 2 crippled arms though, but not as long as I wanted.

6) Yeah going over the log I saw that happen, though am wondering why svo or serverside didn't have me stand to begin with.

7) Was a misclick on a keybind.

8) Again more of a hinderance to help myself catch up curing/sipping health than anything

9) Havn't really worked on the counting aspect of it yet. I still need to try out using a hammer
  • edited October 2017
    Regarding limb damage, if you restoration-break a leg while building fractures, upset and prone him. It's enough to get in one precision overhand past parry :)
     <3 
  • edited October 2017
    3) && 8) For that intended purpose, devastating is pointless.

Devastating arms -- most classes only need one unbroken arm to attack. That means, unless you envenom epseth and they have a prio of legs over arms, you will not hinder them for even a second. You devastate, they apply to arms, they go on their merry way. If they do prio legs over arms, then you might buy yourself a second. MIGHT, because if they're already off balance from attacking for more than 1s, you haven't slowed them down at all.

Devastating legs -- most classes don't even need legs to attack, so I don't know why you would think this would buy you any time at all. You don't upset with the leg devastate, so he's not even prone, which would be the only case where he might be slowed down, by at most, a second.

6) There's a slight delay to serverside to simulate lag. Notice that you queue up everything, which makes it happen as you regain balance. Because of serverside lag, you will never really stand up in time. You need to put stand as part of your aliases. Even better, you should trigger prone status to recover footing as a 2h knight.

9) You do limb damage with a sword too, keep in mind. You don't strictly need to swap to hammer. If you do, hammer offers very little hinder vs. sword, so you should be ready to get your prep, then bounce and reset if you're fighting anything with a momentum component. Also, try not to get enemied to Hashan until you get warhammer proficiency.
  • surprise darts into coordinated sentinel lock. Why am I using gouge when I seal the lock.... weird..

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/S-b3pPbi
  • Rangor said:
    surprise darts into coordinated sentinel lock. Why am I using gouge when I seal the lock.... weird..

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/S-b3pPbi
    Sentinel powah. I gotta fix my lemming resummoning, it not working for some reason :(

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/0XTa-ON1

• edited October 2017
    @Kayle I was going to expand on Armali's points but then saw the NFL references in the log.. 

Although, what she says is spot on. Always upset on a leg devastate, always count limb breaks as well as fractures to break and upset to slow them down (I often get a Brain in there too to drop their health, then switch to precision to build some fractures but that's purely situational). Also look at other venom combos, I was told to use Curare for pretty much everything given the slow balance of 2H but have had much better success switching it up, most notably sticking nausea to bypass the head parry.

From that log:

1. Upset on leg Devastate
    2. Look at sticking nausea
    3. Count limb breaks and upset, then follow with a hit that counts bearing in mind being prone stops parry
    4. Learn which classes are hindered by clumsi or lethargy and make sure those fractures are stacked accordingly.
    5. Highlight everything you possibly can
    6. Arm devastates are also situational for me. Worked well for Vivi when I tried infernal but have found little use for them as a Runie. There is trade off between sticking the lethargy relapse and breaking both arms. It might slow them down, but unless you've also broken the legs they aren't going to stick around for long. 
    7. Put stand in every alias. I learned this again the hard way yesterday, I'd forgotten to put stand in my impale alias and it cost me. Also use recover footing where you can. 
    Edit - Also look at putting continuation at the start of your finisher, prevents a delay if you are paralysed and off herb balance

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • @Rangor @Alyxeri

Was a good lock on me, absolutely. Want to slightly defend myself by saying we were wrapping up (Xaden was recalling rites when you guys came in) because we assumed no one was coming after dusting, but you guys coordinated really well.
    I still don't get how sentinel hasn't been nerfed though. :(

• Solnir said:

@Rangor @Alyxeri

Was a good lock on me, absolutely. Want to slightly defend myself by saying we were wrapping up (Xaden was recalling rites when you guys came in) because we assumed no one was coming after dusting, but you guys coordinated really well.

Took a bit since I was busy finishing up work on that NDB, was dusted by the time I could switch back to my normal profile... Rangor said you guys were still in EI, so ran in.

Dart trap op, could probably do with changes honestly. It's a little too powerful in groups. Sentinel on its own is relatively manageable once you've learned its glaring weaknesses. Two sentinels can lock pretty quickly, but I don't think it's quicker than other pairings with on-demand impatience (certainly might be more reliable, though, in the right circumstances)
  • Should see how well Sentinel/Dwc or Dwc/apostate pairs up. That lock speed is crazy.  bard/Dwc or dragon/Dwc are also quite potent. Did I say how good Dwc is in lock combinations?
  • I miss you, Rangor, and I'm sure @Alrena does, too. Let's have a date sometime. 
  • Alyxeri said:
    Solnir said:

@Rangor @Alyxeri

Took a bit since I was busy finishing up work on that NDB, was dusted by the time I could switch back to my normal profile... Rangor said you guys were still in EI, so ran in.

Dart trap op, could probably do with changes honestly. It's a little too powerful in groups. Sentinel on its own is relatively manageable once you've learned its glaring weaknesses. Two sentinels can lock pretty quickly, but I don't think it's quicker than other pairings with on-demand impatience (certainly might be more reliable, though, in the right circumstances)

I can manage one sentinel! It's when I have to fight sentinel + <whatever> that it sucks. :( Seems nearly anything pairs well with sentinel.
  • Apostate/Sent would be the shiz.
    #ICanDream
  • I am terrified every single time I fight a Sentinel, whether it is alone or in groups. Scary shit.

• A good druid is worse :( thankfully there's only like 2 who know how to play it.
  • Eleusis has all the good stuffs I do want. Hate factions gating. Grrrr...
  • here is a combat log of a raid defense

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/kYSpMOMP

after i lead a successful skirmish of 6 against ashtan and an unsuccessful raid.. ashtan came to play in targossas.

i wanted to break what seemingly is a growing vicious cycle of guards, font, retardation, LoS so our plan was to gather and portal straight to them to melee. right before we were ready to go to them, they came to us.

good to see ashtan a bit more active
    spread positivity
  • sorry for the double post but i digged up the log of one of the fights i had from kayle

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/MjyGDGFg
    spread positivity
  • That blind loop from svo made me cry for so long ha
  • edited October 2017
    That's why if you really want to cure scorch, you should make SVO not keepup blind/deafness until it's cured... Doing so means you're probably gonna get spam transfixed by a smart magi, however.
  • it started off as svo not having it as a defense but it was on my keepup and serverside was curing it, and it just looped the whole fight. couldnt figure out why until I checked everything.
  • Vender said:
    here is a combat log of a raid defense

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/kYSpMOMP

after i lead a successful skirmish of 6 against ashtan and an unsuccessful raid.. ashtan came to play in targossas.

i wanted to break what seemingly is a growing vicious cycle of guards, font, retardation, LoS so our plan was to gather and portal straight to them to melee. right before we were ready to go to them, they came to us.

good to see ashtan a bit more active
    Cen smoothly swims in. <-- Get this man some waterwalking!
  • If you think Seragorn death xp is good, wait till you get to taste Penwize's.