Oct 2017 Promotion (Talisman Trouble)

Comments

• I have a feeling the random caches got nerfed some time after the first day, unless people were just getting lucky.

I made off like a bandit with what I spent on 18 caches, so I'm happy with that.
  • Completed everything I was hoping to with the available cache options. Just need marks to play with now and I’ll be set. I’m glad we had one of these promos.
  • Mindshell said:
    Completed everything I was hoping to with the available cache options. Just need marks to play with now and I’ll be set. I’m glad we had one of these promos.
    I'm glad someone is happy with them, for sure. Just very disappointing overall based on what I'm hearing.

• A number of big spending, long time supporters of the game have used the word "Regret" a notable number of times with regards to Talisman caches. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I bought two lots of 30 Monks talisman pieces, and if I just redeemed everything I have so far (including completing sets and trading in where possible), I think I'd be a bit under what I'd have received if I'd just spent the same amount on credits directly. I should be able to sell at least some of these for more than redeem/trade-in value, though, so I don't necessarily regret my purchases. It won't work out as a great promotion, though; if I'd been interested in credits alone rather than hoping to complete one specific talisman, I'd have definitely been better off buying last month with the ~80% bonus.

• Next time I'll wait for you guys to give the thumbs up or down before I spend money.
  • I knew that it wasn't going to be a solid promo (unless you are looking to complete specific talisman sets), but I still felt compelled to purchase. I've let others know the numbers when they ask too.

Oh well.

• Still looking for Atavian pieces if anyone wants to make more than redeem value on the pieces. I only have feathers so far.

• Feathers is the only piece I have:(
  • Cooper said:
    I don't know why I did it but I bought more caches.

Ugh. Huge regrets on every dollar spent this month. 
    Ditto.  I just said 'fuck this' and tried to trade with you.  Talismans is a great idea.  Getting 30 and you end up with 20 of the same worthless piece... to hell with that noise.

• Someone gimme/sell me a tophatlining just so I can complete the only thing I got with my awful RNG :(
  • This month's promo indirectly gets me Platinum whistle I have been waiting for close to 2 years. I won't complain anymore. 

Now someone get me grand magi. 
  • Bought 15 random caches.

Sold so far:

Whistle Top Pipe: 1,000,000 gold

Globe top: 100,000 gold

Fasteners: 90,000 gold

left horn strap: 100,000 gold

Obsidian disc runes: 300,000 gold

Still on market:

Window frame: 100,000 gold

window shutters: 100,000 gold

ozhera claw: 100,000 gold

icicle top: 200,000 gold

mongoose claw: 100,000 gold

arachnid eye: 120,000 gold

biscuitsalt: 200,000 gold

tumbleweed stem (x2) 200,000 gold

monkheadband support: 200,000 gold

At the average price of 9000 gold I've made about 175 credits so far. Assuming I sell the rest for asking price, I'd make at most 321 credits passively by just having it up on TALISMAN MARKET. For $40 I can buy 100 credits off the site, so either way I'm making a decent amount of profit.

• thats because you are grossly overpricing most of those pieces
  • Aegoth said:
    thats because you are grossly overpricing most of those pieces
    As is just about anyone attempting to sell pieces on the talisman market. Most of those pieces trade in for 10 bound credits. Hell, I'm selling pieces on talisman market for 90k(10 credits at market), and even though those pieces are far below the prices everyone else is putting up(100-300k a piece), they're still not selling
  • edited October 2017
    Aegoth said:
    thats because you are grossly overpricing most of those pieces
    Hey,  someone out there still buys them! They're just paying for the convenience of not having to actively search for people selling the pieces.

Get on mah level :lol:
  • I'm all for selling pieces for as much as you can get for them.

That being said, your expectations of what to get for those are quite high. I also can't believe someone bought a whistle piece for over 100 credits.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Dochitha said:
    This month's promo indirectly gets me Platinum whistle I have been waiting for close to 2 years.
    Cooper said:
    I also can't believe someone bought a whistle piece for over 100 credits.
    Can't you?
  • @Wicella, one of the big things we've been surprised and disappointed by is the disparity and value - Conclave was the most lucrative set to date, but the caches for that set are not really living up to that despite being the most expensive.

• Is the lily a one-time use, or does it have cooldown before reuse?  

• edited October 2017
    Caelan said:
    Is the lily a one-time use, or does it have cooldown before reuse?  

I think it has an hour cooldown? You drop it, it shatters and gives boon/hindrance, and then you can drop it again when it repops to inventory.

I've got plenty of lily pieces, but this last lily and disc piece is my bane.
  • Look.. I love gambling, and I love throwing cash at Achaea. Both are not secrets.
    (Note: I do it because I've played Achaea for over a decade and I want to continue to support it.)

But that said, this promotion went from "This could be fun!" to "FML Never buying gambling promos again without seeing drop rate math first.

Was the goal here to flood the talisman market with the pieces no one wants?

I purchased a total of 95 caches off the site. Of those:
    92 were worth < 11cr
    the remaining 3 were worth <40cr

Out of nearly 100 tries not a single sought after piece. One batch of 30 I opened produced 8 cowled dummy pieces alone!

Just saying @Makarios @Nicola maybe like black wave, talisman caches and all future gambling promotions you need to implement some form of
    "Ok you bought X now you get at least 1 good"

Otherwise the incentive to continue to buy drops
  • I'm personally not disappointed in bad luck, but just bad advertising. I'm not the only one who thought they based +40% on redeem instead of trade-in, so obviously I'm not the only one confused by it. Also getting +17% average trade-in value is even lower than the supposed 20% low (nevermind that it's like -20% if you look at redeem value). I feel like the announce post could have definitely been a bit more clear.

I also got historical pieces, which is separate from the above because outside trading pieces, you can calculate your return. I'm neutral about that, on one hand I completed the talisman I wanted to complete, on the other hand, I also got a bunch of historical pieces, so it's pretty even all around.
  • I've checked a lot in game and hoping this might help me find someone with a timezone I do not play in. Does anyone have a "whistle's top pipe" , from platinum whistle set, that they're wanting to sell?
  • Guess I'm glad I bought those shoes I wanted instead of splurging on a cache package. I'll probably eventually  cave anyway.
  • This month my extra wages are going on getting dentistry and a Canadian visa application. No regrets.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Got paid yesterday and not even tempted. There’s a few race sets I am just missing one piece out of but it just doesn’t seem worth the gamble.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Got paid yesterday and not even tempted. There’s a few race sets I am just missing one piece out of but it just doesn’t seem worth the gamble.

Holler in-game some time if you need any of these.  Maybe you have one I need for another set.  The caches this month thus far have fellated donkey testicles.

1 The bones for a shamanistic rattle     1     races      rattlebones
        1 The staff for a shamanistic rattle     1     races      rattlestaff
          catapultpieces
        1 The bolts for a collapsable catapult   1     races      catapultbolts
          whisperclothpieces
        2 Some blood spattered cloth             1     races      clothblood
        1 A piece of whispersilk                 1     races      whispersilk
          demolitionspherepieces
        2 The glass for a demolition sphere      1     races      sphereglass
        1 The fire for a demolition sphere       1     races      spherefire
        2 The runes for a demolition sphere      1     races      sphererunes
          chitinpieces
        1 The colouring for a piece of horkval c 1     races      chitincolour
          frogskinpieces
        1 The feet for a flattened frog skin     1     races      frogfeet
          sirensongpieces
        1 The glass for a bottled siren's song   1     races      sirenglass
        2 The smoke for a bottled siren's song   1     races      sirensmoke
          arachnideyepieces
        3 The lens for an arachnid eye           1     races      arachnidlens
        2 The eyeball for an arachnid eye        1     races      arachnideyeball
        3 The colouration for an arachnid's eye  1     races      arachnidcolour
          lodestonepieces
        2 The top of a dwarven lodestone         1     races      lodestonetop
        4 The left fragment of a dwarven lodesto 1     races      lodestoneleft
        3 The base of a dwarven lodestone        1     races      lodestonebase
        2 The right fragment of a dwarven lodest 1     races      lodestoneright

• Kyrra said:
    It's not.
  • Xaden said:
    This month my extra wages are going on getting dentistry and a Canadian visa application. No regrets.
    I support this. Part of me is like WTF ACHAEA. But the other part is like they can't ALWAYS have great promos or the value of things would be zero.