Quick Questions

Comments

• Devran said:
    Trey said:
    Antonius said:
    A one third reduction to willpower costs is not worth 4000 credits.
    Value is subjective. It's worth 4000cr if he's willing to pay that. Besides, it even applies to stuff like tokens of Charybdis and shrine stuff.
    I'm going back from Runewarden to Occultist and wanted it for that reason, but if there are people out there that I'd be competing against for the pieces who are willing to drop 1000cr a piece, I might just give it up.

Were you serious @Dochitha ?
    I am serious. Please msg me. 
  • How come Phileo won't match Krizal and I up? We're both in the queue, we haven't faced each other all season and we're the closest in ranking. This is the second day that we're both in the queue and it won't match us up. What gives?
    spread positivity
  • Have to have three in the queue, not two, before it starts matching.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Anyone know what the Soulfire Crucible redeems for?
  • Nothing.

• Cooper said:
    Nothing.
    I thought so. I know Death pieces are a flat 10cr each but couldn't remember if the completed artifact had a credit value.
  • Atalkez said:
    Have to have three in the queue, not two, before it starts matching.
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/SPg8c2L6

There's three of us in the queue and it's not matching us up. What gives?
    spread positivity
  • Vender said:
    Atalkez said:
    Have to have three in the queue, not two, before it starts matching.
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/SPg8c2L6

There's three of us in the queue and it's not matching us up. What gives?
    Hrm not sure.

@Makarios

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I have a number of questions regarding Security / Housing on ships.

1. Is there any artefact / object for a ship that prevents entry to the cabin to anyone other than those with captain perms?

If not, I want to put a door on the cabin, nothing more clever than that. HELP CABINS states:
    Can Cabins Have Doors?
    ----------------------
    Yes, cabins can have doors, if and ONLY if a cabin expansion (a private or org-owned house) is added to the cabin. You must create the house first and then you will be able to add a door on any room of that house in the normal way.

2. Will HOUSING CREATE create an addition room within the cabin?
    3. Can the OUT from the Cabin to the rest of the ship have a door, or will the door appear at the IN from within the cabin to the newly created room?
    4. Can the 'house' be created elsewhere in the ship, eg from the hold to create a Smugglers' Hold?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    No.
    Yes, it will be an additional room to the IN.
    Not that I know of, but never checked. The door will definitely be to the IN from the cabin though.
    No.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Melodie said:
    No.
    Yes, it will be an additional room to the IN.
    Not that I know of, but never checked. The door will definitely be to the IN from the cabin though.
    No.
    TYVM. Will create the new room and then find out the answer to 3 myself, although I suspect it will be No :)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited October 2017
    You can't put a door on the entry that separates the cabin to the deck. That specific cabin room is not a player housing room. Also, I did ask admin about this, but that was some time ago but I don't imagine the answer has changed.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, I should have been more clear: You definitely can'you do number 3 as a mortal. Whether the admins would be up for it, I dunno, but it'd be surprising if they said yes.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • How do I repair this broken figurine?

I'm losing my mind trying stuff:

I cannot fathom the meaning of "stick".
    This paragon's destiny lies with another.
    I'm sorry, I don't know what "assemble" does.
    You must be at least Mythical in Jewellery in order to repair jewellery.
    I cannot fathom the meaning of "figurine".This small piece of sandstone is polished on one side. It has jagged edges, as though it has been broken off of something larger.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 14 ounce(s).
    A fragment of sandstone is unaffected by your efforts.
    Syntax:
      PLACE <furniture-item> NEAR <furniture-item>
      PLACE <furniture-item> NEAR NOTHING
    That is not a talisman.
    Try as you might, you cannot open a fragment of sandstone to get any spreadable fluid from it.
    Syntax:
      PLACE <furniture-item> NEAR <furniture-item>
      PLACE <furniture-item> NEAR NOTHING
    That is not the sort of thing that can be grouped.
    That is not the sort of thing that can be grouped.
    I'm sorry, I don't know what "pieces" does.
    I cannot fathom the meaning of "assemble".
    I know of no skill called 'repair'.
    I know of no skill called 'jeweler'. 
    Nothing can be seen here by that name. 
    I do not recognise anything called that here.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Was the issue of people infinitely sapiencing others addressed? Or is it still impossible to manage?
    Huh. Neat.
  • Okay, so since I can't tell if the item is incredibly misleading or not.

Loki's Tear amulet: 250 credits - venom_yield
    - For those who have learned the Toxicology skill, the amulet will allow the owner, whilst worn, to produce 50% more venom

Is this a 50% increase.  As in, each batch I make is, essentially worth 1.5  (so I make 2 batched, but actually get 3).  Or is it just a 50% chance to make an extra batch for each batch (or god forbid, is it a 50% chance for the entire hydration/boiling for it to acquire more).

One of these will make me very upset, because holy shit is that misleading as all hell and you can't count on it for literally anything.  The other will make me less upset and more just "God fucking damnit"
  • Is there a way to bring message # back to 1?
    spread positivity
  • TalamondTalamond Atop his throne of books
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    I believe the "50%" is outdated; Loki's Tear doubles the batches you get out of however many ingredients you put in:
    * Loki's tear will now always double the output of a toxicology boiling/hydrate.

• Annoying, but at least it isn't what I had initially thought, and feared.

Time to reorganize the spreadsheet.  Thanks @Krypton

• How do you trade-in artefact powers?
  • Should be the same as regular artefacts 

ARTEFACT <artefact> TRADEIN  

But I believe it destroys the item it's on.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• You have to designate the power, and it doesn’t destroy the item it’s on (100% sure of this, but my necklace has multiple powers. It may be untrue if it’s the only power).

For instance:

ARTEFACT MANA_REGEN TRADEIN
  • edited October 2017
    Trading in or transferring the last power on an item will destroy it. This also seems to only check for artefact powers, and doesn't take into account artefact abilities that are inherent to the item (ones that don't list as powers and can't be transferred, such as wings). When I transferred the brooch of the tempest power from my Atavian wings to my Chenubian wings it destroyed the Atavian ones.
  • Antonius said:
    Trading in or transferring the last power on an item will destroy it. This also seems to only check for artefact powers, and doesn't take into account artefact abilities that are inherent to the item (ones that don't list as powers and can't be transferred, such as wings). When I transferred the brooch of the tempest power from my Atavian wings to my Chenubian wings it destroyed the Atavian ones.
    I hope you got your credits back for the Atavian ones. 

Thanks everyone! 
  • Dairon said:
    Antonius said:
    I hope you got your credits back for the Atavian ones. 

Thanks everyone! 
    Yeah, Makarios (as always) got me sorted out quickly. I was planning to trade them in anyway so he just gave me the credits.
  • Freeze ground, I assume, is the same 66% proc rate as other room hinder mechanics, is that correct?

What's the difference between freeze and deepfreeze? I know one is targeted, the other is enemies in the room. Does anyone have details of balance times, what does and does not strip caloric etc?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Frozen ground doesn't throw you off balance. I'm not sure about the proc' rate but you can spam the direction at no cost until you get out.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Freeze ground doesn't knock your balance.

I don't know freeze is, but most single target cold attacks only do 1 level of freeze.

Deepfreeze hits all enemies and does 2 levels of freeze.

strip caloric -> shivering -> frozen

• Freeze ground doesn't knock you off balance if you try to move regularly, but it can also stop leap/mountjump, which will result in the regular balance loss for those abilities. It's most useful inside retardation or in combination with walls/block which prevent just spamming regular movement.

Freeze is targetted, much faster, and does a single level of freeze (either strip caloric, shivering or frozen, depending on their current state). Deepfreeze is all enemies in the room, does two levels of freeze, but has a much longer equilibrium cost (I think somewhere in the region of 4 seconds?).