What have you designed today?

Comments

• What have I designed today? I've designed a tapestry for the Y750 crafting contest and I am gonna kill it. just lemme revise a little

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    ... the blade's glassy surface swallows what little light passes through its blackened translucence. ...

If it's swallowed, it's not passing through :o

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    Appearance: a monstrous cephalopod figurehead
    Dropped: Tentacles splayed, a monstrous cephalopod figurehead erupts from the deck.
    Examined: Tentacles splayed forward in violent eruption from the deck, this monstrous cephalopod appears as if attacking the ship from beneath. Carved from interlocking pieces of mahogany and cherrywood, damage to the figurehead shows it has weathered the effects of underwater exposure and decay with remarkable resilience. A shimmering nimbus surrounds the sculpture, light reflected from the accumulation of salt in the myriad of cracks that crisscross its form. The octopus' single, malevolent-looking eye, picked out in burnished brass and onyx, glares menacingly towards the horizon.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited October 2017
    Appearance: a gargantuan dragonbone warhammer
    Dropped: A mammoth warhammer lies here, chunks of flesh clinging to bone.
    Examined: Forged from the bones of a great Dragon, this warhammer is a horrific testament to violence. Its handle is a giant femur, chunks of tissue still clinging to its shock white surface, with a hide wrapping providing grip against the smooth bone. Long tendrils of sinew and fibre wind around its length, wrapping tightly around the Dragon skull to secure it in place. This skull acts as the head of the warhammer, a draconic visage of macabre devastation. Bony protrusions jut from its brow and crown, jagged spikes to pierce and impale, and saw-like teeth thrust forward from its jaw. Two large rubies are set into its eye sockets, a crimson gaze that is as unsettling as it is priceless.

Thanks to @Ehene

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Thanks to @Shirszae for the proof-reads, and @Jei for the inspiration.
    This is 1/8 parts to Natliya's home. Built it yesterday, after refining a really silly stream-of-consciousness write-up.
    Entirely lit by a panoramic view of the surrounding Cyrenese countryside, this room is walled with glass on seven of its eight tall, vaulted sides, coming together in a brilliant, multifaceted, crystalline dome. The entrance is a hinged matte, grey, stone door with two humble lanterns on either side, wrought iron affixed to the same, smooth granite cut of the wall. Throughout the entire room lay a thick blanket of purest white sand, meticulously raked into concentric circles, many of which are overlapping the other; but nowhere can be spotted a grain out of place, the patterns varying in diameter from three inches diameter, to nearly two feet. Leading to the centre of the room, several marble stepping stones are set firmly into the earth, each cut into a flawed, misshapen pentagon. Around the path and scattered through the garden are various lush examples of ferns and other vegetation, watered by a stream which trickles near soundlessly in the background, entering from the northern ground, and departing into the ground to the west. At the focus of the garden is one large, flat octagon of quartz, upon which set two ornate, leather cushioned, walnut chairs with a kawhe table between. 

I don't like long goodbyes.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Cyrenese is the language, adjective is Cyrenian.
  • I'm working on my house. This is my favorite room so far:

A large trophy room
    The rough fur of a fell werewolf rests upon the floor of this room, now a mere rug, with several large trophies scattered around it. Mounted on the wall, a warthog head glares at all intruders, its three large tusks each stained red at the tip. To the left, the enormous frog-like body of a sinister glubber stands motionless, the top of its head nearly touching the ceiling. Just below the warthog head and to the right, a tentacled polyp sits surrounded by its own tentacles, razor-sharp teeth glinting eerily in the light.
  • @lyvia

Only issue I see with that room is the use of 'left' and 'right'. Depending on orientation of the person in the room, that could change. It's slightly better if that room only has one entrance/exit, because then you can assume their standing in the doorway looking in, most of the time. Would recommend using something like

Against the western wall, the enormous frog-like body of a sinister glubber stands motionless, the top of its head nearly touching the ceiling. Opposite the glubber, a tentacled polyp sits surrounded by its own tentacles, razor-sharp teeth glinting eerily in the light.

Or something.

I like it. However, aside from Solnir's comment above about orientation, the only thing that rankles with me is the polyp: One of the tentacles is redundant... a tentacled polyp sits surrounded by its own tentacles

• Maybe it's an occultist! You don't know!
  • There's actually a monster in game called a tentacled polyp? For a sec I thought someone had a colonoscopy gone horribly horribly wrong
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Polyps in Grukai Swamp on Meropis.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Klendathu said:
    I like it. However, aside from Solnir's comment above about orientation, the only thing that rankles with me is the polyp: One of the tentacles is redundant... a tentacled polyp sits surrounded by its own tentacles
    Maybe "Surrounded by its own appendages" or something similar would be better. 

Solnir said:

@lyvia

Only issue I see with that room is the use of 'left' and 'right'. Depending on orientation of the person in the room, that could change. It's slightly better if that room only has one entrance/exit, because then you can assume their standing in the doorway looking in, most of the time. Would recommend using something like

Against the western wall, the enormous frog-like body of a sinister glubber stands motionless, the top of its head nearly touching the ceiling. Opposite the glubber, a tentacled polyp sits surrounded by its own tentacles, razor-sharp teeth glinting eerily in the light.

Or something.

I see your point. It was supposed to portray that the other trophies are to the left/right of the warthog head, but I can probably word it better!
  • an umbral suit of shifting full plate

Forged from blackened steel and crocodile hide, this suit of full plate armour is both imposing and 
    protective. A shade clings to the armour, darkening the already blackened steel. In the light, the 
    umbral hue seems to roil and undulate like shadows dancing around a flickering flame and across the 
    cuirass, a thick coat of oily polish creates a beautiful conflict between undulating shadow and 
    shimmering colours. In a similar vein, spiderwebs of coppery carmine creep up the sides of the 
    greaves and vambraces, almost pulsing with the shifting shadows. Two small rubies are set into 
    either pauldron, surrounded by copper rondels that shine in the gems' refracted light.

Emanating a faint, golden glow, the symbol of a shield surrounded by a chain marks the surface of 
    this runic armour.
    It weighs about 180 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Sobriquet.
    This armour has 2 embrasures.
    The following paragons have been inserted:
    1: Empty.
    2: Empty.
    This armour has 92 months of runic empowerment left.
    It will reset to you.

again, thanks to @Ehene

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Two small rubies are set into either pauldron, surrounded by copper rondels that shine in the gems' refracted light.

I misread and visualised it as nipples.
    Solnir said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Two small rubies are set into either pauldron, surrounded by copper rondels that shine in the gems' refracted light.

I misread and visualised it as nipples.
    Me too :|

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Did you just make a hammer to ugga smash yourself >_>

• Skye said:
    Did you just make a hammer to ugga smash yourself >_>

• 'matt' should 'matte'.
  • Armali said:
    'matt' should 'matte'.
    I know! That’s what it was originally but I was told otherwise by the person handling my design
  • Those weird British people...
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Strange. matte is also acceptable in british english, and there's several room descriptions that use 'matte'.
    Huh. Neat.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited November 2017
    At some point the Achaean language police decided that matt is acceptable and matte isn't (see furniture). Any time you see matte now it should be typo'd

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    We use British spellings, but Imperial measurements. Truly, Achaea is the composite of the best of our worlds.