Can't connect?

Comments

• Update! (It's kind of funny, in a  not funny but actually horrible way) the ISP says they are still looking into this at the moment and will update us ASAP as more information becomes available.
  • Hmm should try playing on the forums? 

CHRONO DOOM @COOPER BOOST
  • Its been 236272 decades
     <3 
  • CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    At this rate, I will have the boys in bed by the time Achaea comes back up.
  • KriemhildeKriemhilde California, US
    edited October 2017
    Hmmm also down. Darn, had plans in-game this afternoon too. Having to go to something like the ISP for problems out of your control really sucks. 
  • Greys said:
    Hmm should try playing on the forums? 

CHRONO DOOM @COOPER BOOST
    @Cooper laughs at Grays lack of room hinder before casually walking out of the room. Greys death cry becomes but a distant memory as it echos, forgotten in Coopers wake.
  • edited October 2017
    How high can we count before its fixed? :lol:

How long was it down? "237 counts on forums."
    Kogan said:
    How high can we count before its fixed? :lol:

How long was it down? "237 counts on forums."
    Ein
  • I keep expecting Morgan Freeman to walk out of my closet to provide exposition as to why the ISPs can't figure out what's up.

"Unfortunately, little did they know that the ISP had all their engineers on holiday, that day. It was going to be a long afternoon."

• Nicola said:
    Update! (It's kind of funny, in a  not funny but actually horrible way) the ISP says they are still looking into this at the moment and will update us ASAP as more information becomes available.
    :cry: 
  • CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    Well it's not as bad as the hard drive blowing up, which is what happened last time.
  • Time for someone to post one of those "What does your character..." questions up, so we can all consume ourselves with writing witty, amusing answers and forget the slow tick-tock of the Achaea is down clock. 
  • On the bright side, forums have become slightly more active than usual...
    edited October 2017
    What do we got in our goody bag....Mmm, have some cool trippy stuff

• Entertaining.
  • I've been playing golf story on the switch, it's good!
  • Talamond said:

It's just not the same.  :/
    I have fond memories of Zork. I remember back in highschool we were forced to take all sorts of mind numbing computer classes that went over the basics of how to close a program, how to launch a program, how to change the font in Microsoft Word...

So after finishing the work in three minutes, I'd hop onto Telnet and found a server with all sorts of Abandonware including the Zorks, this one about King Arthur, and one of my favorites--Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
  • Now is your chance to convert them to Mhal...Achaea.

• 6th hour update. A power outage occurred at our ISP which created the initial problem. We don't have more information on why this went so bad, or precisely what has happened, but Imperian's server is being wholesale replaced. No word on Achaea specifically or an uptime estimate yet.
  • Nicola said:
    6th hour update. A power outage occurred at our ISP which created the initial problem. We don't have more information on why this went so bad, or precisely what has happened, but Imperian's server is being wholesale replaced. No word on Achaea specifically or an uptime estimate yet.
    Spilled coffee, again.
  • I have chocolate doughnuts.
    Make the most of your life, because Death always wins.
  • edited October 2017
    Looks like we're back in business!

EDIT: I spoke too soon.
  • Can we get a neat Q&A or something while we wait please? I noticed Imperian has one going on their forums!
    edited October 2017
    I'm logged in! Seems to be back up? Got the city to myself for the time being too, hehe. 
  • Nicola said:
    6th hour update. A power outage occurred at our ISP which created the initial problem. We don't have more information on why this went so bad, or precisely what has happened, but Imperian's server is being wholesale replaced. No word on Achaea specifically or an uptime estimate yet.
    As downtrodden as most players are I can only imagine how upset the garden is. As someone who pays for server hosting for several things I like to think I pay for things as simple as power fail-safes! Revenue lost from downtime is never easily replaced. I'll buy a few extra caches this month. You can send it to the ISP and advise them to pay for a better power strip and maybe a generator! B)
  • We're getting back on track! There might still be a few hiccoughs as we straighten things out from the last few hours, so don't get into anything too involved, just in case.