Oct 2017 Promotion (Talisman Trouble)

edited October 2017 in North of Thera
Obligatory thread for any monthly gambling promo. 

Opened 18 of the single talisman random caches.

1 a globe's bottom

1 a glass lily stem

the trap of a Sangrean spyglass 1

the chain of a Callibian medallion 1

the torso of a Derillin dummy 1

the bottom fragment of a steel armband 1

the base for a candle of cessation 1

the legs of a cowled dummy 1

the stem of a vulture's talon 1

The slate for a grievous keyring 1

The head of a goblin 1 blackwave goblinhead

The runes for a shamanistic rattle 1

The enchantment for a whispercloth 1

The top of a dwarven lodestone 1

the special ingredient for a disgustin 1

The tendrils for a tumbleweed 1

The legs of a monk dummy 1

A crimson steel band 1

18 total - 

379 credits in redeem value. Quite a good value even with some bad draws! 

Comments

• edited October 2017
    keyring, meh
    talon, meh
    Dummy MEH MEH MEH
    Globe bottom?  Rly?  RLY?  UR GONMNA GIVE US FKIN GLOBES
    Oh, hey, it's that disgusting biscuit.

Mostly good, but gross that dummies are a thing (especially with how horribly prevelant they were before)

Bought 10

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/DqIbrecK
  • I bought 30 conclave, will post results when I get to a computer. Anyone who gets Atavian pieces out of conclave, lemme know! Looking for all but feathers and have some half decent other pieces to trade.

• 1 monk, 1 conclave, both opened up worth 18cr redeem. Then some randoms, the randoms are doing alright, max I get is 50cr piece. Unsure if I will get more, will see what others get.
  • Are wonder talisman pieces not meant to be traded in?
  • they cannot be traded in, no.

This (especially) sucks whenever you get the orb pieces.. which means you get 1/3rd of a globe that is another RNG roll to not suck.

Cities talisman pieces trade in for 10cr, but a lot more if you can complete the entire thing.
  • Purchased 120 races caches. Trade in was 2.8K, kept the good ones and completed the ones I did have even if they were lame.
  • It's why the credit model is what it is, because people still do it. It's mind boggling that as much as I enjoy Achaea there are people willing and able to spend 3 times the price of a PS4 on promotional caches.. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    >.>       
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    >.>       

• Yeah. I'm always amazed to hear about how much some people spend on here. Especially since most players just sort of disappear after some time. I just don't see a need to go so far even though I would be able to afford it as well. Then again, there are people behind the scenes who do great dedicated work and who should be reimbursed. They have normal lives and families to feed too you know. I like to think of it as salary for them with benefits for you. Don't want to spend so much? Invest more time. Over time it's possible to achieve lots. I can make an average of 5-10 credits per day playing. Stack that over time and it's enough to be able to afford in game benefits. I think the elite membership is a great idea as well, and basically the only way people working at iron realms can really know how much they are going to make in advance, something I enjoy at my work place with a steady monthly salary. So don't hate, don't be jealous. Most top spenders are short-lived anyway.
  • This also isn't the thread for this topic. Post your Talisman goodies people :)

• edited October 2017
    It's been nearly two years since I've been trying to finish this set, so I'll post it here if anyone happens to come by the piece. 

NEED: Quisalis armband eyes piece (the eyes of a steel armband)

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Sobriquet said:
    Even Professional DINKies I could imagine would raise an eyebrow at some of these purchases. 
    Not really. We laugh and spend more for the lulz.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited October 2017
    Achaea isn't cheap, but is the only game I play now. Is also my hobby. Is also the game I have played the longest, like forever. Is also a game no other games can beat. Is also a crazy quality game. I would stop drinking beer and buy credits. 
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited October 2017
    Ill say, in (slight) defense of achaea's seemingly outrageous prices, I still have yet to come across a game that offers you something so permanent and impactful as artefacts. Yeah, sure, other games let you buy power, but 99.9% of the time its either temporary power (only lasts X days, or X uses), or becomes completely irrelevant after X months/years due to power creep.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: And it's certainly never as refundable/reinvestable as it is here, even if its at a 33% loss
    Huh. Neat.
  • Even after the latest announce buying Conclave pieces still seems to be an amazingly bad gamble.
  • Antidas said:
    The fact that some people here can just drop $1000 on text-game stuff on the drop of a dime will never fail to amaze me. I wish I could do that and not severely damage my bank account :(
    Cyber Security as a main job. Software Development on the side. You'd be disgusted at how much you make!
  • I need arms and legs of the Maya figurine. Paying extremely well.
  • Leviticus said:
    Antidas said:
    The fact that some people here can just drop $1000 on text-game stuff on the drop of a dime will never fail to amaze me. I wish I could do that and not severely damage my bank account :(
    Cyber Security as a main job. Software Development on the side. You'd be disgusted at how much you make!
    Me too

• Then throw in the GI Bill in Maryland and Army disability. The first of the month gets stupid.
  • Morthif said:
    Even after the latest announce buying Conclave pieces still seems to be an amazingly bad gamble.
    I admit being a little salty. I knew damn well I wasn't going to get more than one or two pieces from atavian wings or grandmagi robes if any at all, but of 30 pieces I got 8 hourglassbulb. @Makarios that drop rate sound as intended?

• Leviticus said:
    I need arms and legs of the Maya figurine. Paying extremely well.
    Let me know if you get Atavian pieces, brosef!

• Trey said:
    Leviticus said:
    I need arms and legs of the Maya figurine. Paying extremely well.
    Let me know if you get Atavian pieces, brosef!
    I spent roughly 1.3K trying to get the Mayan figurine. Only head and torso dropped for me (both in same purchase of 30 caches). I ain't spending any more real monies on it. I can't complain though because I got 3.7k credits from opening all those caches. So it wasn't for naught.
  • Fair! Didn't know what you bought or had, didn't expect you to buy more.

• Tahquil said:
    -Slurps on another mouthful of 90c instant ramen-

That's real fucking neato.
    Same

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • You have been awarded with some fasteners talisman piece!

Took me a while to know this is a ramshorn piece.

Can we have more description, like which set it belongs to?
  • Dochitha has traded the level 1 piece 'the eyes of a steel armband' to you.

This took me forever, thank you so much @Dochitha!