An open statement

It was brought to my attention recently that my verbal antics, while admittedly undertaken with the desire for slight offense in addition to their primary humor, were taken far, far more gravely by one of the people I'd directed it towards, to the point where genuine grievance was caused to someone I've known for longer than some of my actual, solid, flesh-and-blood friends. I'm not here to cause anyone distress, nor am I comfortable with the idea of having done so to anyone who didn't warrant it.

I am not going to make a promise to stop running my mouth; with few exceptions, it's taken well and in the intent that was... intended. I instead ask that if anyone is truly stricken by any comment made, past an eyeroll and genial "dick" uttered, that you'll let me know I've crossed a line. It will allow me to correct course to one more light-hearted, and hopefully prevent anything similar to anyone I respect in the future.

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Trey's cool. Nobody should ever take anything he says seriously. Ever.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Apology for the misunderstanding thread: 

Evidently, when someone asks if you'll do something, "I don't care to" means you don't want to do something, at least to people not me.  If I've ever said that to you and offended and/or hurt your feels, I'm sorry. 
  • Haha, my girlfriend uses that expression, and apparently it is like, a niche phrase used in a few southern states. Confused the shit out of me for a while. Kind of like the dudes from Newfoundland who I play DayZ with on occasion who ask "Where are you to?" to ask the question "Where are you currently?". It sounds like "Where are you traveling?" FFS

• NOOoo.. revel in the misunderstanding of harsh humour by sunken companions. Don't leave in the abyss by myself as I need you to block the light that occasionally filters in.
  • I am an equal opportunity asshole as well
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Trey said:
    Haha, my girlfriend uses that expression, and apparently it is like, a niche phrase used in a few southern states. Confused the shit out of me for a while. Kind of like the dudes from Newfoundland who I play DayZ with on occasion who ask "Where are you to?" to ask the question "Where are you currently?". It sounds like "Where are you traveling?" FFS
    Some classic phrases from where I live (south Wales, UK):
    Where's that to?
    It's by here / it's by there.
    I'll do it now in a minute.

So mangling the English language is not just the preserve of our cousins over the Pond, we do it to ourselves.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Since moving to Yorkshire the locals have confused me no end with their mangling of the Queen's English

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Since moving to Yorkshire the locals have confused me no end with their mangling of the Queen's English
    You remind me of one of those Yankee fucks who comes down to Virginia to retire and then has the gall to cry about how us Southerners barely speak English. Fuck off back to where you came from if you're so unhappy, mate.

:D

• And then there's Australia