How do you pronounce your character's name?

Comments

• Kal-ith-ay

or as my phone autocorrect would call me, Karl-itch-aye 

Kali works.

• Ah-TEA-ah
  • Leliel said:
    Lel-lee-ell
    Lilaliliel!

• Sigh-ra (coz I make people sigh :/)
  • Care-on-Tine.
  • A-ka-may-a
  • Ven-mar-a
    Vɛn - mɑː - rʌ

(Ven, rhymes with pen - Mar, just like the word. - Ruh; as if you're saying the word Rut, but drop the T)

• What I want to know is... how come @Xaden posted in this thread but never said whether his own name is Ksaiden, Chaiden, or if the X is silent and it's just plain Aiden. All these assume the rest of the name sounds like 'aiding' minus the final G, except for that initial consonant. Other options (leaving the three initial-consonant options aside) are that it sounds more like 'adding,' again without that final G, and that the d may be pronounced with some other language's standard, as in besides English.

Meanwhile, my name:

Coo-roo.

The syllables rhyme, and they both rhyme with 'few.'
    Some words, dey hard to say wif my mouf.
  • Zay - Din

You're welcome.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• KriemhildeKriemhilde California, US
    Cream-hill-duh
  • Cream-hill-duh
    Embrace the cream. :P
  • edited September 2017
    Cream-hill-duh
    You'll always be Kriemy to me! :smile:

Truax is actuallly [troh], which works because people call her Tru.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Truax said:

Truax is actuallly [troh], which works because people call her Tru.

In my head, you've always been a true-axe because you're always sharp and on point.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• My name is pronounced tore-in.  Not complicated  B)
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • HataruHataru Midwest USA
    edited September 2017
    Huh-tar-oo (or I guess huh-ta-roo also works? idk I'm not that sort of anthropologist guys...)

Its not Hat-a-roo, plz stahp.
    Its Hotaru yes shut up I know I was 13 with an a. Its not Hata-roo. Its not Hat-tar-roo. SOFT A GUYS, SOFT A.
    Everyone's arguments "wah but we call you Hat and Hatty" are invalid idc.
    Y'all have no idea how often I get asked about this, seriously its like once a week.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
    I'm smol and angry and I do like Santa hats so this feels accurate.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."

• Anyone else?
  • Oh wow I vaguely remember that
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."

• At least, that is what I am told.
    Tahquil said:

Anyone else?
    Wait, wait where's @Kiet when I need him to talk about my in game nicknames in 2006.
  • Like "Million" but with an N.

NOT nile-ian. :P
  • Whaaaat I've been pronouncing it wrong this entire time!
  • In the risk of necro-ing a thread, I see a lot of new names I would be interested in learning how to pronounce! 

Mine is pronounced Keh-riss... It's an ironic Welsh name meaning love. I've heard it pronounced a few times as ser-ees which is pretty but incorrect. 

•       
  • Ees-may
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Gavriil said:

That's not how you pronounce rose
  • Mlepclaynos (the clay is silent)

(If you don't know this, I don't like you and you are a bad person.)

• Vhayne said:
    Mlepclaynos (the clay is silent)

(If you don't know this, I don't like you and you are a bad person.)
    We should be friends.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.