Hurricane Harvey

Hey Guys,

I wanted to give a quick shout out in support of anyone affected by Hurricane Harvey. I live in Leander, TX so I wasn't a direct victim of the disaster that struck, but I was close enough to feel it's power. Houston is under water and anyone living there could really use help. There are a lot of spots to offer donations of water, or canned food or even a dollar amount. Every little bit helps those affected and trust me when I say that it's 100% appreciated.

If you live in Houston, or the surrounding areas give a sound off, let us know you are alright!

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool Or a coward
Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both
For a wounded man will shall say to his assailant
"If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven"
Such is the rule of honor

Comments

• I love eggs and bread. Just remember to put salt on your eggs while they're cooking, they taste so much better that way.
  • I'm going to be making everything from scrambled eggs to soufflés. Time to get creative.
  • A friend in my class came up from Texas for the class and this past week he's gotten stuck in an elevator this week, got in a car accident at 60 mph, and he found out that his house/car/everything was destroyed while he was away. He and his family are fine, but they have nothing to go back home to. It's really sad. 

My heart goes out to those who have been affected by the hurricane. 
  • My close friends in Austin are thankfully ok, but seeing some of the devastation in Houston on the news is heartbreaking. In particular a picture of the elderly at a care home waist deep in water because they couldn't get out of their seats. 

As as an aside, what was all this in the news about a famous millionaire pastor refusing to open his 16000 seater "super church" to help out? First I heard he didn't, then he did, then he closed it again.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • From what I understand, that church is partially flooded as well. They showed pictures of decently high floodwaters in the hallways, so it's possible that more rain pushed them to the point that it wasn't really a safe location at all.
  • I'm in New Orleans, about 6 hours away from Houston, but somehow if it floods within 5000 miles of this place it floods here as well. 

The messed up part is back with Katrina a lot of people from New Orleans, who didn't have a lot of money, were forced to evacuate to Houston and couldn't come back because they tore down a lot of the projects/affordable housing while everyone was gone. So they fled New Orleans and moved to Houston, lost their homes while they were gone, and were forced to stay there as a result and now they're getting hit again. 
  • We were lucky to be safe in our region of Houston, just bordered by a lot of flooding and forced to stay at home. I should be doing my part and getting back to work tomorrow. Stay safe all! <3
  • I'm pretty sure Galveston is on the upswing. Being stuck in my apartment and running out of things to watch on Netflix got me to log in again, so all-in-all, not so bad. Thank you for the well wishes, everyone.
  • Happy to hear everyone here so far is safe, Austin here is thinking of ya'll and hoping you stay safe. My wife and I will be out this, or next weekend volunteering with our company. We've got donation things set up and ready to go.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool Or a coward
    Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both
    For a wounded man will shall say to his assailant
    "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven"
    Such is the rule of honor
  • What a great @Kondar! I'm glad to hear so many were safe. 

Austin here, my mom and brother were able to evacuate Rockport and my sister survived in Houston with no flooding.