OOC Raves

Comments

•       
  • Sobriquet said:
    So, after missing out the Arianna Grande concert in Manchester due to being grounded, i've just dropped my daughter and her friend off...

For some reason, I read this as @Sobriquet sulking at a corner, given a timeout for bad behavior, while his daughter is looking at him accusingly while saying 'BAD DAD, YOU DON'T KICK PUPPIES BECAUSE THAT IS MEAN'.

• edited August 2017
    One of the best lines of dialogue in the season was- (immediately after what Atalkez said, actually):
    Sandor: How did a mad fucker like you live this long?
    Tormund: *shrugs* I'm good at killing people.

I still laugh at that scene. Him pissing off Sandor was great.

• edited August 2017
    Trey said:
    Jon: "There's not a living woman within a hundred miles of here..."
    Tormund (looking at Gendry): "...We have to make do with what we've got."

--
    Tormund: You're the one they call The Dog!
    Sandor: Fuck off.
    --

The whole episode was full of great lines. Tormund is best.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    edited September 2017
    The Chirpanator is still alive. The little guy got adopted by our peacocks and they roost way up in the trees so he's got a better chance of surviving assuming he doesn't get eaten by possums, snakes, goannas, hawks, kookaburras etc

Finally got the NBN fixed at work, sort of. The NBN guy finally turned up and had to splice the wiring for a temporary fix. Apparently, some asshole was very offended by said cables and yanked the shit out of them, not only pulling them out of where they were connected but bent and damaged most of the fibre optics. Apparently, we need to get 300 metres of cable relayed to fix it properly... but hey, I actually got to check my emails before I left work!

I randomly dropped a lot of my salary on an Olympus DSLR camera that's been on my wishlist for about 4 years now. It was a bit of a random decision that I made yesterday after figuring my budget out to save toward the laptop I want to get. So I'm not thrilled with how fast I just burned through my entire bank account which means no promo fun for September but I am absolutely freaking delighted by this camera and how amazing it is. It's an Olympus OM-D E-M10 II for those tech-savvy folks.

It's Friday and my weekend is going to get spent doing entirely fun stuff like having my brows done and planning out all the accessories I want to get for my spiffy camera. This is the most amazing day of my life after the week I've had. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I start university in 2 weeks. I am a little freaked out about this still. I am apparently being stalked by @Sarathai who is moving to my country and my university too. (University of Nottingham) this is the next stage of my 5 year plan, and part of me is super excited and part of me is super freaked out about the amount of debt I am about to plunge myself into (I shall leave a pause here for the Americans to laugh at me and brandish their student debt)
    Time to put my big girl pants on and do this!

• I went to uni for one year and incurred just over $50,000 in debt.

For 9 months of schooling.

• Khaibit said:
    I start university in 2 weeks. I am a little freaked out about this still. I am apparently being stalked by @Sarathai who is moving to my country and my university too. (University of Nottingham) this is the next stage of my 5 year plan, and part of me is super excited and part of me is super freaked out about the amount of debt I am about to plunge myself into (I shall leave a pause here for the Americans to laugh at me and brandish their student debt)
    Time to put my big girl pants on and do this!
    HAH! Third semester into uni in America and I have no student debt! Thank you low cost school that throws money at its students.
  • Solnir said:

I went to uni for one year and incurred just over $50,000 in debt.

For 9 months of schooling.

Jesus wept, it's about 52k for me, for the 3 years, and that includes the maintainance loan so I can have somewhere to love

• Debt depends on where you go.  I think unless you choose to go to an ivy league school that the rest are pretty equal in their ability to get you jobs so you should go with the less expensive option.  As far as the debt itself is concerned, it is a necessary evil.  Depending on the major you choose it will pay off.  Mine is, at any rate.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • This "Demystifying the Hipster" class is paying dividends already!

• JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    We all need somewhere to love 
     yes, sir.
  • Twelve hours shift, my feet are killing me, I'm tired AF, my contact lenses have been trying to jump out of my eyes all day, and I missed a meeting for one of my favorite clubs that I wanted to go to.

However... I now work at my all-time favorite bar that I live walking distance from, I'm alive, I have great friends, school is going just fine, and life is good.
  • Had a scare with a veteran buddy vague-posting and then going off-grid for awhile.  No less than 14 of us trying to track him down through 3 towns. Turned out he was good to go.

• I've survived my first two weeks at uni. I also find time in between class to Achaea like a responsible adult.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Sylphie said:
    I've survived my first two weeks at uni. I also find time in between class to Achaea like a responsible adult.
    WTF? Achaea like it's crack, it's the only way...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Rave to the computer science team at my school. It's hilarious watching the district IT getting wrecked by 9 bored highschool students.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Watched this:

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Rave! After watching the show, I’ve been listening to ‘Song of Ice and Fire’ (game of thrones) audiobooks on my train commute to work. Holy crap they are so good. A little weird how he writes the NSFW scenes (creepy old man!! <3 ) but so much better, if that’s possible, than the hbo series. 

• Started week 3 of university without choking out any entitled upper class students who don't understand how the world works outside mummy and daddy's castle.
    This bodes well for the next 3 years.. as long as I can hide the pretty visible twitch when someone says something stupidly uninformed 

• Khaibit said:
    Started week 3 of university without choking out any entitled upper class students who don't understand how the world works outside mummy and daddy's castle.
    This bodes well for the next 3 years.. as long as I can hide the pretty visible twitch when someone says something stupidly uninformed 

The struggle.  It's real. 

• Caelan said:
    Khaibit said:
    Started week 3 of university without choking out any entitled upper class students who don't understand how the world works outside mummy and daddy's castle.

The struggle.  It's real. 
    So real... so so real... it's the downside of going to a Russell group university