Where'd he go, and why?

G'day all,

I'd first like to start this off with this. I don't need to make a thread about this, but I feel like doing it anyway, for the sake of some form of closure.

If anyone has noticed, my character Jukilian had become dormant. For about 50+ days I hadn't logged in at all, and I was okay with it. I felt little draw to return to the game (there are only a few names I can list as to the only reasons I'd want to log in). I had just recently stepped down as a Regent in Hashan as I saw this coming and did not want to become yet another dormant city leader in this game.

Simply put, the game had stopped being fun for me. I play games to have fun, and I haven't really had much fun at all in Achaea for quite some time. So, I decided to do things that I actually enjoy. For me, that's been playing video games with friends and getting involved in the Twitch.tv community in Australia. I've been having a ball. Getting to know a few streamers, playing games with them, and even starting to stream semi-regularly myself on Twitch.

I've been having a lot more fun, and I feel as though I'm much better off for it!

Games are meant to be fun. And if I find a game not enjoyable and fun, I'll move on. So, that is what I'm doing with Achaea, and I honestly encourage others that if you are not having fun at all in what is meant to be a game - move on to something else or try to find the fun in it. That can be applied to Achaea or anything else, really. I'll finally stop my IRE Elite as well, as those credits are just going to gather dust at this stage.

If you're ever interested in saying hi to me over on Twitch, I go by the handle 'Deluril'.

As a side note, this thread may also make one wonder why exactly Achaea lost its fun for me. If people are interested (and I know some people love drama) I'd be happy to make a thread about it over in the Sewers. Who knows, it may interest Sarapis or other admin also as to why the game stopped being fun for a long-time player (I've been playing pretty regularly with only a few dormant periods since 2010). I'm sure some of the things I say may rile some people up too.

That's about it for this thread. Just some closure for me. I may come back eventually, but probably not in the near future.

Regards,
CJ

Comments

• k       
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Sad to see you go, but I get it.

• I'm strongly against the idea of this thread's title, and that's as someone who did 'go' at one point. 
    If what Jukilian is saying in the OP happens, this thread is going to turn into a cesspool of people bitching about what is wrong with Achaea in their opinion. 
    We all have things we dislike, but posting them like this is going to do more harm than good. It's going to make new people think the game is worse off than it is, and old people are just going to turn it into an echo chamber. 

I have nothing against Jukilian (actually don't know him at all) and if he's just intending this to be a thread about him specifically, then good on you, but I'm going to make the choice to not check this thread again, and I would recommend everyone else does the same else it turn into Rants.
  • Here I was expecting more tryhard lolcomments like Ellodin's, but I am instead pleasantly surprised.

@Solnir : this thread isn't intended at all to be some cesspool of comments about "why this game is bad", it's intended entirely as some form of closure for me.

@Micaelis : I'll likely be making a follow-up post for more in-depth reasons as to why I am leaving, and it will be in the Sewers where it'll belong (Solnir seemed to have missed that part, if they read my post). Once I get home from work, I'll type something up!
  • I'd definitely be interested. Drop me an email at your convenience! We understand that people moving on from Achaea is inevitable, but feedback is always welcome.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Makarios said:
    I'd definitely be interested. Drop me an email at your convenience! We understand that people moving on from Achaea is inevitable, but feedback is always welcome.
    This is the reason I still play Achaea.  
  • And an addiction
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• To grind?
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."