Mudlet 3.3.1 and Windows 10 on New Laptop

So, I bought a new laptop and was going through my list of downloads. I'm pretty sure this is the new version of Mudlet, and got it correctly downloaded. Next, I downloaded Svo and have been attempting to install via the Package Manager. However, it says that it is unpacking for install, but it never happens.

Anyone able to help, please?
Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

Comments

• I had this same problem yesterday! I think it actually does install, but it just doesn't show up. I have svof right now, but it still doesn't show up. If you exit and save Mudlet, it might ask you where the svo folder is, which you then go into your pc > users > yourusername > .config > profiles > the profile you chose > and click the folder, which is how I did it.
  • It's the weirdest thing, but I've tried all that. It still won't even install at all. No idea why either. Could it be a Windows 10 thing? Should I attempt to go back to an earlier version on the client? I know version 2.1 works with Svo because that's what I use on my old desktop. Just don't know what to install to get the older version.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Perhaps try module manager? I'm not sure exactly what that is, but it might work. The reason why mine is working is because I had to dropbox my profile from my old desktop to my new laptop that I got less than a week ago.
  • edited July 2017
    Ismay said:
    It's the weirdest thing, but I've tried all that. It still won't even install at all. No idea why either. Could it be a Windows 10 thing? Should I attempt to go back to an earlier version on the client? I know version 2.1 works with Svo because that's what I use on my old desktop. Just don't know what to install to get the older version.
    It keeps your profiles across mudlet versions. The fastest solution would probably be to go to the older version you had. Install svo and then load up 3.3.1 and navigate to your profile.

Edit: Also disabling antivirus/windows defender for the installation may help.
  • Well, I've tried installing the Mudlet version 2.1, which definitely worked on my old desktop with Windows 7, and it still won't let me install svo. As a matter of fact, I can't get the package manager to install anything at all.

With the version 3.3.1, I tried using both package manager and module manager. It has to be compatibility with Windows 10, somehow?

I'd actually be willing to pay someone to help me with this, if necessary.

Thanks!

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Turn off windows defender realtime scanning.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited July 2017
    Ismay, you're literally reliving what I went through. Windows 7 desktop to new windows 10 laptop. Did you try to use dropbox to move the profile from your old desktop to your new laptop? That's a sure-fire way, but it'll keep all your settings and old profile and stuff, if you wanted to make a new one. 

I'll try messing around and see if I can some up with anything so you don't have to do that, though.

Edit: I just opened a new Achaea profile and installed svof right away with 0 problems. It's definitely doable, now we know.

Are you trying to get svof on a new profile, or what?
  • Finally got it to work, after much gnashing of teeth. :#

Thanks!

• What did the trick?