Improving my combat skills

I was wondering how reliant on scripts classes are in order to be good at combat, mainly in pve? I'm trying to be a blademaster and stick to it this time, but I just didn't know where to start outside of just practicing when I get the proper skills. Any help is welcome of course.

Best Answer

Answers

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Pve (usually called hunting) can be done entirely manually.

Pvp can also be manual, its just much more difficult, especially for some classes.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Thanks for the help so far. I'll try my best to get better and hopefully stick to the game this time, especially since I still want to be a rogue character despite the consequences.
  • Why do you want to be a rogue character? Roguing is one of the biggest reasons why people can't stick with the game.
  • I guess you could say it's more of a personal thing. I also don't really like being tied to a city of people I don't really know, no offense. Same goes the other way for them to me of course. I want to build myself up and then see what the cities have to offer if anything. If I don't find anything then I might just stay a rogue, but that doesn't mean I won't try to temporarily ally with a city in certain situations. There aren't many big penalties outside of a strong sense of loneliness and lack of city/org facilities when it comes to being a rogue right?
  • Being a rogue means no one will trust you, few people will like you, no city will probably want you as an ally, you'll miss out on free or cheap credits/gold (sales, favours, contests, rewards), you'll have very little chance of a social network, you probably won't learn combat at any kind of reasonable pace, you'll have no one to answer your basic questions, and I could probably go on and on.

Being a rogue is a bad idea if you're new. It's better to join a placeholder house/city and then quit if it doesn't fit. We get a 'houses/cities just aren't my thing' newbie very regularly, and invariably they go inactive because being a rogue is incredibly boring if you're not already established.

Also, to reiterate, you're overestimating how much a city will you want you to ally yourself to them as a random rogue they've never heard of.
  • I've been a rogue, and by far the biggest issue is how empty the game feels if you're rogue. A lot of the communication in game happens through 'telepathic' channels such as CITYTELLS, HOUSETELLS, and CLANTELLS, and with the exception of a handful of clans and two of the Houses, you have to be in a city to really experience that. So while being rogue is doable, just consider joining a city before you quit playing due to how quiet it is. 
    My two cents, at least.
  • Kiet is 110% right on all counts there when it comes to being cityless. Having no identity outside of your personality or faction to be part of, massively restricts the enjoyment of this -multiplayer- game. Of course, play this how you wish (it's part of the beauty of Achaea that this is possible) but I would seriously suggest you consider the advice given. 

I played a Cityless CIJ member for years and really wish I'd tried harder to be part of a city before joining Hashan, having that indentity and people behind you makes a huge difference. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Citizens of cities tend to do things with their own citymates more than anything: events, hunting, group combat. Most cities do not really allow allies, so you will have practically no opportunity for group pvp if you are rogue.

Even if you only wish to 1v1, cities provide a number of resources for learning 1v1 that you will not have access to as a rogue, making it more difficult to learn. They also provide people to practice with.

If you wish to group pve, again, most people will do that with citymates.

There are some people who enjoy being rogue. It's not impossible, but it limits a lot of what you can do as you won't have a group to do it with.

• I'm gonna have to state my agreement with everyone else - I really do recommend you join some city. Regarding the whole temporary alliance thing, I can tell you right off the bat that I generally refuse assistance from outside Targossas when it is offered, and I imagine Mhaldor does the same thing. Granted, we are the two most polarized factions so the others may be slightly more willing to engage, but even they are likely not going to jump at the opportunity.

I would strongly recommend that you join and at least try out a city, or even try out a few different cities on throw-away alts to see what you like. If you still find that you dislike being part of a city, it is your choice to remain rogue, and no one here is going to begrudge you that. Just know that the problems that @Kiet stated are definitely going to affect you.

I can tell you from experience that I have tried being a rogue before, and I honestly couldn't stand it. Cities just provide a focal point for your efforts, as well as a number of activities that you wouldn't otherwise have access to, and a way to make friends that you wouldn't otherwise make friends with.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    As someone that is extremely goal orientated, cities definitely help with a lot more options for a sense of progression and personal character development. It's also great to have options to be a part of things. When you're in a city, people know your name and will include you if you want to participate.

I have two rogue characters and there is a vast difference when I am playing them to when I am playing Kyrra. My social interactions are very restricted and it is a little more difficult to find people to do things with like hunting or sailing. People in cities are naturally going to look to their own city-mates first before including outsiders. In saying that though there are a couple of rogues that do very well for themselves but a number of these people are still in organisations like Orders, even if they aren't members of a city.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with playing a rogue character, especially if you want to be left alone to do your own thing more often than not. There is a wide variety of things to do in Achaea that doesn't require a lot of people interaction. A large part of the enjoyment of Achaea though is being a part of a faction and getting to know and build relationships with other characters. For a lot of people, it's just a matter of figuring out your character and what you want to be associated with.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KriemhildeKriemhilde California, US
    Being a part of a city and getting involved with the lore and politics and relations that different factions and cultures offer is just amazing. As a new player, I'd be lost without my city mates and wouldn't be making the progress that I am. I just met two very interesting rogues today myself that I will be interacting with in the future but I couldn't imagine trying to go rogue first thing as a new player.