How did I not know this?

Comments

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Taryius said:
    You can check the AB files for spiritlore with AB <class> to get the class-related spirit.

AB DEPTHSWALKER will open up Kosuira

AB OCCULTIST will open up Aelkesh

AB PALADIN will bring up Anthius.

And so on.
    Is AB <spec> a thing for weaponmastery?

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • edited July 2017
    .....wat.  mind = blown
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Yeah but only if they're on the immediate opposite side. So if you're standing at the front door and knocking, people in the house won't hear you unless they're all hanging around the entrance. 

• Potential new housing feature says what?
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Skye said:
    Yeah but only if they're on the immediate opposite side. So if you're standing at the front door and knocking, people in the house won't hear you unless they're all hanging around the entrance. 
    I thought I recall somewhere that doorbells were a thing or that something was being changed that you'd hear people knocking on the front door of a house? 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Someone once idead' that on the ideas thread or something like that, I think. It never became a thing, though. Unfortunately.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

TIL you can actually put bastard swords in normal scabbards. Not sure how long this has been a thing, but its awesome  <3

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Shirszae said:
    TIL you can actually put bastard swords in normal scabbards. Not sure how long this has been a thing, but its awesome  <3
    That sounds like a bug since they're only meant to go in baldrics. Can you confirm that it's intended?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

Kyrra said:
    Shirszae said:
    That sounds like a bug since they're only meant to go in baldrics. Can you confirm that it's intended?
    I have no idea. Definitely hope its not a bug, though

• There's absolutely no reason it shouldn't be able to, and I can't recall a time where it's been said otherwise.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    When baldrics/belthooks/etc. were created, scabbard use was specifically described for "one-handed swords," and HELP DRAWING still says that, too.
  • Outfits.  TIL
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited September 2017
    Kyrra said:
    Shirszae said:
    Let me know if it's intended that I only get to wear one baldric for my three sheathable two-handed class weapons, too. :(

(P.S. did you know bows go in baldrics)
  • Can we get clarification on this? This didn't work a few weeks ago 
  • Morthif said:
    Can we get clarification on this? This didn't work a few weeks ago 
    Basically, the admins have been watching anime.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Morthif said:
    Can we get clarification on this? This didn't work a few weeks ago 
    Basically, the admins have been watching anime.

"anime"

• You are not wearing an empty weapon holder suitable for that weapon.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Remilia said:
    Kyrra said:
    Shirszae said:
    Let me know if it's intended that I only get to wear one baldric for my three sheathable two-handed class weapons, too. :(

(P.S. did you know bows go in baldrics)
    You can wear bows instead but yes, I knew that one.

I wish you could sheathe a kris in something though.

Hrm, so after some more testing:

You can put a bastard sword in a scabbard and take it out of one, but you can't actually use the wield, draw, or sheathe commands. So basically the scabbards are just acting like any container but not so much as proper scabbards.

@Makarios Any chance this could be made a real thing? Baldrics just don't receive the same love as scabbards :(

• So DWers can pick up a terminus ability to burrow. Its just one level of burrow and can't move directionally underground. Har'bain. So I burrow. Someone freezes ground. BURROW ABOVE and... The ground above is covered with ice too thick to burrow through. They see... You hear scraping sounds coming from beneath the ice. RIP if you ever get stuck underground by an enemy while raiding in say... their city. Thankfully this was just testing.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Lmao, unlearn that shit before someone forces you to burrow mid-raid.
  • edited September 2017
    Krypton said:
    Lmao, unlearn that shit before someone forces you to burrow mid-raid.
    Force a burrow, freeze ground, and radiance you :lol:
  • edited September 2017
    Pretty sure burrowing stops radiance.

Funnier would be a monk breaking both arms/mind command intone har'bain.
    (if that works, I've never tried to see if you can intone it with broken arms)
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Kogan

You can definitely burrow directionally while underground.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    @Kogan

You can definitely burrow directionally while underground.

With regular burrow, yes. With Har'bain, I'm not sure you can. It's not listed in the AB file at all.

Har'bain:

Syntax:
    INTONE HAR'BAIN
    BURROW ABOVE

Metamorphosis burrow:

Syntax:
    BURROW <direction>|ABOVE|BELOW

edited September 2017
    You definitely can burrow directionally, unless it was changed very recently. 

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited September 2017
    Nvm. Next page ninja'd.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Imbuing your voice with power, you intone, "Har'bain".
    The ground beneath you splits open, and you plunge into the depths.
    You are surrounded by utter darkness, and can see nothing. The smell of minerals and dirt fills your nostrils.
    You see some loose soil to the southeast and northwest.
    [07:53:45.982] (4657|3955|51%) (0|vCPf) (xe|bdck_)
    You are surrounded by utter darkness, and can see nothing. The smell of minerals and dirt fills your nostrils.
    You see some loose soil to the southeast, southwest, and northwest.
    [07:53:48.060] (4657|3955|51%) (0|vCPf) (_e|bdck_)
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. 2.045s
    [07:53:50.103] (4657|3955|51%) (0|vCPf) (xe|bdck_)
    You see some loose soil to the north, southeast, and west.
    [07:53:50.852] (4657|3955|51%) (0|vCPf) (_e|bdck_)
    You may intone another word of power.
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. 2.207s
    [07:53:53.057] (4657|3955|51%) (0|VCPf) (xe|bdck_)

Yep, definitely can.