Help. Firefox mangled Achaea!

I've been happily playing Achaea for a few weeks when Firefox decided to disable the FromDoctoPdf and MapsGalaxy add-ons it uses.  I read the Firefox details and downloaded Firefox Nightly, which gives you the option of turning off signatures which is the lousy bum which disabled the add-ons.  But it didn't make a difference.  That was supposed to work.  I'm guessing the add-ons are disabled and the new browser won't nuke them but it won't go turn them back on either??  I tried an earlier version of Firefox and that didn't work either.

My other option is to use a different browser.  In the ones that do work, like Chrome, the selected text background (the color around what you type after you hit enter) is this bright turquoise blue.  I have bad eyes and need everything muted and low contrast and pretty monotone.  I can change all the other colors to suit me, but not that.  I tried the Highlight Color extension but couldn't get it to work.  Then I looked and realized it was designed to modify the dull blue background color that chrome uses for selected text.  I wouldn't mind that color, but the game is doing it's own thing.  But it's doing it's own thing differently in different browsers, because in Firefox selected text has this light whitish blue color which is fine for me.

I'm guessing what I need is to somehow re-enable those two add-ons

I would really appreciate help!

Answers

• You could always use a standalone client like Mudlet!
  • I'm trying it.  I'm also trying Mush, because have some familiarity with it.  But I'm having trouble finding a good mapper that works for Achaea.  I know it has nice plugins for mappers for other MUD's

On Mush it has a built in system for aliases and triggers.  One of the things you can do with triggers is omit lines from output - declutter all the stuff you don't need to see - and play sounds optionally.  I'm somewhat vision impaired and this helps me tremendously.  With enough sound triggers I hardly have to look at the screen, and in when I do there's much less scrolling. Looks like on Mudlet you have to build your out triggers, and I don't know how to make similar triggers.
  • Mudlet has a built in mapper and has gagging/sound trigger options, too, but I'm not sure what the differences between Mudlet and Mush triggers are, to be honest.
  • Oh, The Mush mapper does work.  It fooled me because it doesn't show anything initially.  You have to explore an area before it will map it.  I think I've seen it work this way on some MUD's but on others it can fill out the map ahead of time like Nexus.  Anyone know how to make it smarter?
  • Mudlet downloads the map ahead of time and has a crowd-sourced map for updates.