The "Is it a Bug?" Thread- NO EXCUSES

124»

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be

Message #1693       Sent by Achaea

2017/7/06/10:32 Your bug report #6729 (detail: Mass and asthma were changed not to deal damage when moving quickly, but shackle wearers still take damage. Not sure if this was intentional or an oversight) - has been assigned to high priority.

Welp. So much for that.
    Huh. Neat.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I never took damage from my shackle. I noticed it once and then forgot about it
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
    Jonathin said:
    I never took damage from my shackle. I noticed it once and then forgot about it
    Then it's just old shackles. Definitely still people taking damage from shackles.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited July 2017
    I don't take damage from my shackle. Bought this year. When did you get yours, @Ahmet?

5819h, 4861m, 26834e, 23400w cexkdb-
    Guardian's Avenue next to the wall.
    The surroundings are dry and without moisture, a fact evident even in the dim
    morning light. A rune resembling a horse has been sketched into the ground here. 
    A runic totem is planted solidly in the ground.
    You see exits leading north, northeast, and southwest.
    You are breathing lightly.
    5819h, 4861m, 26832e, 23400w cexkdb-

@Dunn We literally talked about this. You and I. Like a month ago. You were super confused when I told you mass didn't do damage, and confirmed that your shackle was doing damage.

:tired_face:
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited July 2017
    I thought you didn't take damage until you got the more severe breathing messages?(gasping etc)
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    You get all the breathing messages but zero damage. I've had these shackles for about 3 years or something and I haven't recalled taking any actual damage from them in a really, really long time. Maybe last year but never anytime recent.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

Change was last year around August, I think. Not certain. Shackles (at least some of them) were still taking damage as of... Early april, late march? Not sure if it'd been bugged since then.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I couldn't find any announced changes (searching for mass or density), though possible I just missed it.

I definitely don't take damage with my shackle right now.
  • Huh. I definitely am not taking damage as of last night. I do remember talking to you about it then, though.

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Kinda wondering if ship trades are supposed to be this way. Ran a personal trade with max cargo 3 times and just paid people 10k to complete. Made a million gold easy.
  • Jinsun said:
    Kinda wondering if ship trades are supposed to be this way. Ran a personal trade with max cargo 3 times and just paid people 10k to complete. Made a million gold easy.
    Those are the trades I make people invest and they get their share of it if they crew with me. I don't pay people to complete it for me for peanuts. You're gonna get this nerfed and then I can't bribe people into coming along for these deals anymore! insert angry smiley face here
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Alrena said:
    Jinsun said:
    Those are the trades I make people invest and they get their share of it if they crew with me. I don't pay people to complete it for me for peanuts. You're gonna get this nerfed and then I can't bribe people into coming along for these deals anymore! insert angry smiley face here
    That's not a bad plan but there are a ton of people with no seafaring yet that can complete and I think seeing "oh this dude makes enough to toss 10k without blinking" will help stir interest
  • Alrena said:
    Jinsun said:
    Dozens of people do the same with trades that start/end in the same port, most just don't ask on market. I think 10k is on the high side, too. 

That's why I think multiple people should be able to accept personal trades on the same ship. More incentive to do it the way you describe, @Alrena.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    This is why ship trades are unlikely to get buffed. Once or twice a RL month, a trade is gonna come up where it's still comparatively easy to make 1-2mil.

Before bug fix, you could make 20mil on this month's trade easy.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    That's what made me laugh with their "it didn't seem too good to be true" crap. I've made 1.7 mill since Saturday and I feel like it's a windfall. How is 20 not suspect?